Pages : [1] 2

alex
12/15/2013 10:03pm,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJXTWoMwy_k&feature=player_detailpage

will get you these mad skills.

jelly?

Krijgsman
12/15/2013 10:21pm,
I wish there was about 50x more of the live grappling and hitting pads (you know... training) and less spinning circles and badly choreographed wooden sword fighting.

but this is new to no one.

I was mildly impressed that the subject of the video bothered to hit pads and (what looked vaguely like) live grapple... so there is that.

hungryjoe
12/15/2013 10:51pm,
Needs a haircut.

alex
12/16/2013 1:03pm,
turns out hes also into freeganism. lawd.

killface
12/16/2013 3:19pm,
So basically he was pretending to be a Kung Fu master, LARPing with friends and kicking pads for a whole year. Sounds fun!

Ok that probably sounded meaner than intended. He is doing what he loves doing and I respect that. Also seems like he is doing some grappling which is a start, I guess.

Wonder how that freeganism works out for him. Dude could be a bit undernourished.

ghost55
12/16/2013 3:23pm,
I messaged him, and apparently he is doing a combination of wudang while in uniform, and JKD while working pads/sparring.

Permalost
12/16/2013 3:30pm,
See kids? Do kung fu, and you'll end up living in a VAN down by the RIVER!

CapnMunchh
12/16/2013 3:48pm,
See kids? Do kung fu, and you'll end up living in a VAN down by the RIVER!

Or, do Krav Maga, open a school, and get rich.

CrackFox
12/16/2013 4:50pm,
Also seems like he is doing some grappling which is a start, I guess.

You're new here right? The term is crappling, and it's not encouraged.

alex
12/16/2013 5:01pm,
im actually kind of impressed that he has a girlfriend who he has convinced to do up his van for him while he plays with his friends in the park.

Permalost
12/16/2013 5:05pm,
im actually kind of impressed that he has a girlfriend who he has convinced to do up his van for him while he plays with his friends in the park.

My van-dwelling friend recently landed a hot capoeira doctor girlfriend.

killface
12/16/2013 5:21pm,
You're new here right? The term is crappling, and it's not encouraged.
I like to think positive. Maybe he is taking BJJ lessons or something. The term "anti-grapple" has not fallen, there is still hope. As long as he does not claim ****, meh.

Oh and picking up woman with a van is not so hard. you just need to lure them in, after that .. nah forget it.

ghost55
12/16/2013 5:44pm,
I like to think positive. Maybe he is taking BJJ lessons or something. The term "anti-grapple" has not fallen, there is still hope. As long as he does not claim ****, meh.

Oh and picking up woman with a van is not so hard. you just need to lure them in, after that .. nah forget it.

Apparently he spars with people that practice several styles aside from his own, and he is looking into competing in San Shou/San Da. Let's not be so hasty.

killface
12/16/2013 6:01pm,
Apparently he spars with people that practice several styles aside from his own, and he is looking into competing in San Shou/San Da. Let's not be so hasty.
Well you could invite him here so he can defend himself. I am always curious about a fellow Kung Fu nerd.
Also there surely will be a Bullshido Throwdown for him to attend.

BKR
12/16/2013 6:11pm,
Needs a haircut.

I agree. The ponytail is a tempting target to grab and wrap around his neck.

I've done that to a couple of guys in judo (randori). They were not amused.

CapnMunchh
12/16/2013 6:58pm,
I agree. The ponytail is a tempting target to grab and wrap around his neck.

I've done that to a couple of guys in judo (randori). They were not amused.

You can get away with long hair indefinitely in striking arts, for a while in standup throwing and joint locking systems, and not at all in grappling. People tend to figure that out the first week.