PDA

View Full Version : Age of consent laws

loast
5/05/2004 8:09am,
This is from another thread that suddenly began talking about legal age of consent.

Now, I have some problems with Canada's legal age laws.

Here they are as I understand them.

<13 no sex, BAD, BAD

14-18 can have sex with ANYONE provided one person is not in a position of authority over the other.

18+ Free love

Now, my problem is with the second part. I don't think 14 is old enough. There was a story here (can't find the article) about a 32 yr old man who flew to New Brunswick to be with a 14 yr old girl. He was aquitted when the police interviewed the girl and found out she consented. Anyone else have a problem with this?

(please, someone correct me if I am wrong about the laws here! I hope I am!)

Stick
5/05/2004 8:12am,
Ah, a seemingly inexhaustible topic of conversation on the internet: age of consent.

Whatever.

CaptShady
5/05/2004 8:12am,
The true problem is where do you draw the line? I used to work with a guy that met a girl in a 21 and older club, and she was drinking. They saw each other a few times, and he banged her a few times. Then her dad found out, and at that time HE found out she was truly only 16. He went to jail for "aggravated sexual assault of a minor". He has to register himself as a sex offender, and is in the local "sex offender's database". The girl, got nothing.

I don't know the answer .. but I think that as they stand now .. on your story and mine .. are bullshit.

PHILBERT
5/05/2004 8:19am,
http://www.ageofconsent.com

loast
5/05/2004 8:25am,
Originally posted by PHILBERT
http://www.ageofconsent.com

This must be the pedophiles guide to the world.

I am quite disturbed by Oman, Chile and Mexico.:mad:

Meteora
5/05/2004 10:12am,
Some of the ages on that chart distrub me a great deal.

MichaelDescado
5/05/2004 10:21am,
If there's grass on the field.... PLAY BALL!!!

(man, I'm moving to Canada)

WingChun Lawyer
5/05/2004 10:23am,
Hm, they made some research about the brazilian laws regarding rape and age of consent (well, they translated the brazilian criminal code). But I wonder about their intentions in doing this.

By the way, the age of consent in Brazil (for both genders) is 14, but I am aware that the brazilian Supreme Federal Court acquitted a man who had sex with a 12 year old, on the grounds that he had every reason to believe she was over 14.

Te No Kage!
5/05/2004 10:25am,
and don't forget that in a lot of states, sodomy is illegal

CaptShady
5/05/2004 10:32am,
Originally posted by Te No Kage!
and don't forget that in a lot of states, sodomy is illegal

Yep, and the irony is .. if you commit sodomy, you're going to jail in a cell with a guy that's going to sodomize you!
LOL

Guerilla Fists
5/05/2004 10:44am,
Originally posted by MichaelDescado
If there's grass on the field.... PLAY BALL!!!

(man, I'm moving to Canada)

If there's no grass, play in the mud!

If she's bleeding, I'm breeding.

Out of the carseat, onto my meet.

Old enough to pee, old enough for me.

Chris.B
5/05/2004 11:03am,
I think 14 is a bit to young to go sleeping around with 32 year olds...I think 16 years of age they should be old enough to chose who to sleep with.

Someone sleeping with a 12 year old, honastly that is just wrong. I don't care if it's even legal...I think that's just plain sick.

MichaelDescado
5/05/2004 11:09am,
That's how it was in the caveman days, Chris. And if by "sick" you mean "HOT", then yes, it's sick.

WingChun Lawyer
5/05/2004 11:11am,
Originally posted by MichaelDescado
That's how it was in the caveman days, Chris. And if by "sick" you mean "HOT", then yes, it's sick.

In the caveman days people did not live enough to justify an age of consent. When you can expect to die of malnutrition at 17, banging your 12 year old cousin is really no big deal.

kismasher
5/05/2004 11:11am,
8-80 blind, deaf, or crazy

and why am i not surprised to see Descado on this thread.

Wounded Ronin
5/05/2004 2:29pm,
Ah, the foibles of human society.