PDA

View Full Version : Georges St-Pierre lands Monsters University role

PizDoff
5/14/2013 6:38pm,
Georges St-Pierre lands Monsters University role

Ultimate Fighter champion Georges St-Pierre is heading back to school — onscreen at least. He’s voicing Art, a shaggy purple fratboy, in the Quebec French-language version of Disney-Pixar’s Monsters University.
http://i.imgur.com/x9xGpEJ.jpg
The role is voiced by Charlie Day (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) in the English version.

Monsters University, the animated college-days prequel to 2001’s Monster’s Inc., opens June 21. Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi and Frank Oz reprise their roles.

Disney describes Art as “a mysterious monster with a questionable background and the strangest member of the Oozma Kappa fraternity at MU (Monsters University).”

Quebec-born St-Pierre holds a slew of UFC titles. He also has established The Georges St. Pierre Foundation to help young people by eliminating bullying.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/movies/2013/05/14/georges_stpierre_lands_monsters_university_role.ht ml

Devil
5/14/2013 8:25pm,
Use da hellbows.

jnp
5/14/2013 8:53pm,
Good to know GSP is already ensuring his post-fight career will be lucrative.

TheMightyMcClaw
5/15/2013 1:04pm,
Ok, I sorta understood casting him as Batroc in the new Captain America movie, but hiring a francophone athlete as a voice actor in an English-language animated film? Really?

Permalost
5/15/2013 1:29pm,
I thought GSP's film appeal was about being quiet and shirtless with occasional bouts of athleticism. This offers none of that.

Azatdawn
5/16/2013 5:39am,
Ok, I sorta understood casting him as Batroc in the new Captain America movie, but hiring a francophone athlete as a voice actor in an English-language animated film? Really?
No, not really. To be fair, I thought the same thing at first.

He’s voicing Art, a shaggy purple fratboy, in the Quebec French-language version of Disney-Pixar’s Monsters University.

xstyle
5/16/2013 8:50am,

He's not going to be in the English movie he's just doing the French dub over for the French release of the movie. Charlie Day's voice will be in the English version GSP in the French.

Gluckmann
5/16/2013 11:48am,
Batroc in the new Captain America movie...

Batroc is supposed to be from Marseille. Why the hell are they casting a Quebecker as a Frenchman?

But of course: his abs.

OwlMatt
6/11/2013 5:12pm,
Batroc is supposed to be from Marseille. Why the hell are they casting a Quebecker as a Frenchman?

But of course: his abs.

Because most Americans don't know the difference.

The Cap
6/11/2013 5:55pm,

Parce que ta gueule.

Masahiko
6/16/2013 8:39am,
Anyone tried reading his autobiography? I found it pretty bad, what made it worse was his vision that it'll be the best martial arts autobiography out there.