PDA

View Full Version : Bullshido ruined me!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

WhiteShark
4/30/2004 10:12am,
I used to post at several MA boards including Karateforums.com and E-budo.com

The problem is whenever I read these forums now, all I see is the same BS that we are always making fun of. For example people saying that K-1 fighters are not "Martial Artists" or every other post being about MA history that is completely un researched. And the constant barrage of "excellent fight clip" that includes NO REAL FIGHTING. I seriously have lost any patience and respect I once had for the other boards, everyone is so full of themselves and convinced of their D34Dly-ness that I can't even read a whole thread without throwing up in my mouth and having to swallow the bile back down.

Reading this now it sounds really harsh but if any of these people would test themselves against other people and styles. And occasionally check their "facts" I could probably cope a lot better.

CaptShady
4/30/2004 10:17am,
Ah yes. And by that same token, this board is full of keyboard warriors, and style elitists. It's a good motivator for keeping your own feet on the ground. While exposing bullshido is the coolest, and what keeps me here, the side benefit of seeing style nutriders and theory-ists talk about "oh I'd just elbow smash his face", or make fun of **** they have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER about is why I return so many times daily.

chaosexmachina
4/30/2004 10:28am,
Haha, yeah, tell me about it. I used to post at martialtalk.com
Full of American kenpoists...
Phil Elmore goes to that one too, he's pretty popular. Says alot about the board... eh?

SLJ
4/30/2004 10:32am,
Yer, I don't bother with other forums any more.

PizDoff
4/30/2004 10:35am,
My lineage is better than yours!

Edit: BTW, how has Bullshido "ruined" you?
RAther I see it as a jubliant enlightenment you have been gifted with......YOU FUCKER!

:D

SLJ
4/30/2004 10:36am,
Only if you study the Anti-Grapple.

CaptShady
4/30/2004 10:45am,
Originally posted by Osiris
Cpt Shady, WTF are you talking about? Keyboard warriors? Theorists?

Yeah ... a lot of ppl like to sit behind their keyboards and talk ****. This forum is no exception.

Theorists. People that squak back facts and bullshit said to them by their instructors, but don't KNOW because they've never actually fought. In addition, they'll look at a single picture of some style they know dick about, yet ridicule like a mother fucker .. but get all pissy when their style is ridiculed, or have the SLIGHTEST thing negative said about it.

Akurra
4/30/2004 10:52am,
BJJ sucks donkey balls.

My Daito Ru Aiki Jitsu will destroy you BJJ punks!

Phrost
4/30/2004 10:54am,
Keyboard warriorism is taken care of with the Throwdown.

CaptShady
4/30/2004 10:58am,
Originally posted by Phrost
Keyboard warriorism is taken care of with the Throwdown.

Not everyone shows up to throwdowns.

CaptShady
4/30/2004 11:09am,
Why can't people get this through their heads? When people start running of at the mouth speaking bullshit and they get challenged to a fight, thats REAL.

No, it's not. It's only real when he actually shows the hell up. Which has often NOT happened on this board. NOT REAL = theory

When let them know that since they're too far the local school will humor their fantasies, thats REAL.

How is that real?? Those are just words, until he actually SHOWS UP. Up until that time ..it's all theory. Just like "my style is too deadly for the ring"

When 500$ is raised to send a professional fighter to kick some bitches ass, thats REAL.

I haven't seen that happen, that WOULD BE real. But I see kwoony getting challenged and no one's stepped up with $500 bucks yet, have they? On trollshido there's the guy from Tasmania issuing a challenge .. where's his airline ticket?

When someone has 5000$ on the table ready to assrape some ninja, thats REAL.

Sure .. if/when that actually happens. But it certainly hasn't happened all that much.

The only theory at work is that morons will shut the **** up and put their ass on the line for what they claim is the truth.

And it DOES HAPPEN ON THIS BOARD. Just because there's throwdowns that a SMALL percentage of peeps actually show up to, doesn't mean that this board is free of keyboard warriors and theorists.

CaptShady
4/30/2004 11:16am,
So what you're saying is that there are a lot of keyboard warriors and theorists here because people are scared?

No .. I'm saying there's a lot here because that's the nature of the internet.

HAPKO3
4/30/2004 11:19am,
The core members of this board are the ones that show up at throwdowns and actually fight. This is a good neutralizer for random guys off the street making ridiculous claims. If you think you know something other people don't, well, there's probably a throwdown near you sometime soon. Show up and demonstrate. If you show up and back up your ****, props to you. You will be respected and learned from. If you show up and fail to prove your ****, you will STILL be respected, because you showed up.

There's nothing this community, or the administrators, can do about random people coming in and running their mouths. The most we can do, as members, is offer an opportunity to back it up. That, as of itself, sets this site apart from all the other ones I've seen.

I've trained with and sparred with a lot of people from here. I know they are for real. These people have trained with and sparred with yet more people, and if they vouch for them, I know they are for real. This is what makes Bullshido different.

CaptShady
4/30/2004 11:26am,
I think its clear that thats not the nature of this site. Poeple get called out all the time. If they took us up on it, this site would have a crazy rep. They keyboard warriors are the OTHER guys, not the bullshido regulars.

I didn't say it was the "nature of this site" .. just said that it's present here.

Originally posted by HAPKO3
The core members of this board are the ones that show up at throwdowns and actually fight. This is a good neutralized for random guys off the street making ridiculous claims. If you think you know something other people don't, well, there's probably a throwdown near you sometime soon. Show up and demonstrate. If you show up and back up your ****, props to you. You will be respected and learned from. If you show up and fail to prove your ****, you will STILL be respected, because you showed up.

There's nothing this community, or the administrators, can do about random people coming in and running their mouths. The most we can do, as members, is offer an opportunity to back it up. That, as of itself, sets this site apart from all the other ones I've seen.

I've seen it happen on other boards .. but I don't deny that it's more prevalent here. The bullshido "regulars" IMO are a small handful compared to the actual membership of this board. I'm going to bookmark this thread, and post links to the unanswered challenges I see from now on. YOU yourself are getting pussed out on by kwoony (hardly a regular), but that's just one example.

Originally posted by HAPKO3
I've trained with and sparred with a lot of people from here. I know they are for real. These people have trained with and sparred with yet more people, and if they vouch for them, I know they are for real. This is what makes Bullshido different.

I agree .. but it's not free of kbw's and theorists .. and other sites aren't absent of members with some nuts.

HAPKO3
4/30/2004 11:31am,
I'm getting pussed out? Where?

I know you don't like me. That's ok. We don't have to like each other. But that thread is a perfect example of someone coming in, running their mouth, getting called on it, and backing off.

Here's a link for those who are interested: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12035

He comes in and says that McTrhowdowns aren't deadly enough and don't prove anything, because he can not utilize his secred skillz.

I offer to fight his with whatever techniques he wants.

He pretends not to notice.

I repeat my offer, being more abrasive.

He responds that he's mainly into swords.

Now I obviously won't swordfight him, and neither will anyone, I'm not fucking Highlander, but I offer to stickfight him.

He backs off.

Typical really. How am I getting pussed out?

Balloonknot
4/30/2004 11:32am,
I have to say, although it pains me, I actually agree with the Nutty Captain on this one!!