PDA

View Full Version : Sambo, a good intro video

patfromlogan
2/15/2013 5:52pm,
I can't see that Sambo Steve has posted this, and being the self effacing cool guy that he is, he probably hasn't and won't, so I'm posting it. It has lots of good techniques and Steve gives a good introduction to the art. I love the first throw/sub, looks like tai otoshi to arm bar, so smooth. I'm teaching some osoto gari and such and love the fluidity shown here and I wish we could have him teach in Hawai'i (aloha Steve, we got good coffee and plenty judokas to throw around):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=486-Gmy6O-g

Krijgsman
2/15/2013 6:31pm,
I think that is the first video I ever watched about Sambo after finding MMA and learning about Fedor. Its a great video.

As far as the first throw goes, looks more like a leg wheel (I don't remember the Japanese... something guruma) than tai otoshi. But whatever it is, its smooth as ****.

frenchie88
2/15/2013 10:25pm,
Awesome video. Thanks Pat.

DarkPhoenix
2/16/2013 12:24pm,
I got to play with Steve once and it was a great experience. And that o guruma (the first throw that Krijgsman made mention) was one of the cleanest I has seen.

KeithAtTakadaDojo
2/17/2013 9:59am,
Nice video. Thanks for posting it.

sambosteve
2/18/2013 2:13pm,
Thanks for all the kind words guys! @patfromlogan I would love to come to Hawaii! Never been there. Have friends there. Let's set up a seminar ;) If I can do Sweden, I can do Hawaii!

karma2343
2/18/2013 5:16pm,
Awesome video, very clean technique. What I would do to have a similar place here in SD or OC area...

R'Dvark
2/23/2013 11:41am,
Pat from Logan, great post. And Sambosteve, what can I say? You're very smooth. I really need to get into grappling, more and better. Any affiliated schools here in Kanuckistan, near the us border (Buffalo to Lewiston)? Thnx in advance.

sambosteve
2/25/2013 3:38pm,
Thanks again guys. Anyone interested in a seminar or hooking up with the ASA can e-mail me at [email protected]