PDA

View Full Version : Roy Nelson is invincible on da streetz

Pages : [1] 2

Tranquil Suit
12/11/2012 3:13pm,
So I was just randomly checking BE, when I came across an interview with Roy Nelson. Nothing special except for this tidbit:

Opinions on guys turning down fights

I think what it is, is that fighters have become business people. I actually love what I'm doing. When you're a business person, sometimes you think of it as 'Ah, it's work.' I love what I do, but then on the other end, some guys do this as a living. I don't care if I win or lose, I know I'm going to give 110% and I'm going to hold my head high at the end of the day. In a street fight, I know I'd whoop everybody, because it would be that kind of "crazy rules" fight. I know at the end of the day, I'd win every fight.

Now just wait a damn minute. That's a "street vs sport" statement.

Is this how he justifies his low-end gatekeeper status in the division? Is this how justifies his unprofessional training regimen (in general, not just his weight)?

This is a nice example of how a professional fighter can still bullshit himself like that, even after all that alive training and competition.

full article: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/11/3754600/ufc-roy-nelson-any-moron-can-see-if-you-say-no-to-vada-testing

Permalost
12/11/2012 3:35pm,
Roy Nelson vs Kimbo Slice!!!!

judokarl
12/11/2012 3:44pm,
Wow. I am at a loss for words on Roy's statement. Does he really think a beer gut and shitty conditioning would enable him to beat JDS if they ever fought again?

Permalost
12/11/2012 3:48pm,
Does he really think a beer gut and shitty conditioning would enable him to beat JDS if they ever fought again?

I think he may be able to beat JFS in a parking lot.

judokarl
12/11/2012 5:01pm,
I think he may be able to beat JFS in a parking lot.

For give me for being slow, did you mean JDS? Or was JFS a pun that flew over my head?

syberia
12/11/2012 5:07pm,
For give me for being slow, did you mean JDS? Or was JFS a pun that flew over my head?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57545

Edit: sorry, wrong link, this ones better.

alex
12/11/2012 5:14pm,
ive seen a lot of profighters say some really, really dumb **** when it comes to fighting. Dan Henderson comes to mind, ive seen him comment on a few fights before. i hope that guy never becomes a judge of anything.

M-Tri
12/11/2012 5:14pm,
Roy Nelson vs Kimbo Slice!!!!

...how about someone that he didn't already embarrass...

Roy Nelson vs Steven Seagal, back alley, no witnesses ('cept roy's camera phone)

Back Alley: Battle of the Beer Bellies

Permalost
12/11/2012 5:51pm,
...how about someone that he didn't already embarrass...

...Roy Nelson vs Tank Abbot after they have a drinking contest, to see who deserves ZZ Top as walkout music?

Mr. Machette
12/11/2012 6:11pm,
I'm skerd.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/050/261/roy_nelson_crop_340x234.jpg?1287089472

Tranquil Suit
12/11/2012 6:25pm,
You should be. As everyone else here.

Bring a tazer. And a knife.

Mr. Machette
12/11/2012 6:44pm,
You should be. As everyone else here.

Bring a tazer. And a knife.

Im'a distract him with my pattented Roy Nelson Kryptonite:
http://www.donmiguel.com/images/burritos/grandito/grandito-burritos-beef-burrito-and-bean-burrito-with-green-chile.jpg

Devil
12/11/2012 6:55pm,
ive seen a lot of profighters say some really, really dumb **** when it comes to fighting.

I'm convinced nobody on the planet knows less about boxing than George Foreman.

Bezmond
12/12/2012 7:10am,

Tranquil Suit
12/12/2012 11:32am,
ive seen a lot of profighters say some really, really dumb **** when it comes to fighting. Dan Henderson comes to mind, ive seen him comment on a few fights before. i hope that guy never becomes a judge of anything.

Examples please.

Vieux Normand
12/12/2012 1:42pm,
This is a nice example of how a professional fighter can still bullshit himself like that, even after all that alive training and competition.

Trust in the capacity of alive-training and competition, to disembullshit someone's views, assumes logic on the part of humans.