PDA

View Full Version : Double knife defense all the way across the sky

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TheMightyMcClaw
8/24/2012 2:08am,
Ok, feel free to move this thread if it's too bogged down in hypothetical YMAS-ness, but I'm posting it here first.
As the the sages said, trying to take on a knife-wielding opponent in a fight is a bitch and a half and something that should generally be avoided. I came out of my one real-life knife encounter unscathed, but my antagonist was extremely drunk and I was wearing a shirt of chainmail, so it was pretty ideal conditions.
So let's ramp this scenarioup: fighting a guy with two knives, one in each hand. The vast majority of the knife-defense strategies of engagement out there involve seizing the knife hand with both of yours in some capacity, which obviously Does Not Fly if the guy has a second knife to stab you with while you try and wrist-return the first out of his hands.
So, with the power of imagination, let's say your caught fighting this double-knife wielding villain, whilst unarmed. And this is motherfucking thunderdome we're talking about (minus the chainsaws on the walls), so no fleeing the scene or offering to buy him a drink instead or any of that weak-ass **** that works in real life. Just you and 2xKnifeMan, to the death.
What's the plan? Arm drag-->full nelson--> neck crank? Early KO before you get stabbed to death? My fascination for absurdly fantastical and one-sided fight scenarios must be fed.

Like Water
8/24/2012 2:26am,
Such a fantastical threat calls for an adequately fantastical response, in turn. Clearly the answer is to helicopter kick both knives -yes, both at once- out of the hypothetical maniac's hands, Van Damme style.

Then proceed to move in with whichever touch of death is your preferred method of execution, naturally.

Fuzzy
8/24/2012 3:10am,
I've actually tried this in class. Nothing works, you just die.

In an IRL situation I'd prolly try to stay as far away from the fucker as possible and just throw **** at him/hit him with a chair.

Plan C would probably be the JKD pull-your-belt-off-and-hit-him-with-it move.

Hexe
8/24/2012 3:27am,
A) always carry SAR approved whistle
B) squat, dump in own hands and go scat missile on opponent
C) disable with rapier wit
D) place steel capped safety footwear on hands and assail opponents hands

slamdunc
8/24/2012 5:01am,
First of all, I don't like the odds at all. I already know that all of the knife defense techniques that I have learned over the years are pretty much useless in anything less than a textbook attack. That having been said, I am going for a low center-of-gravity counter. Low leg and groin kicks both for decreasing his mobility and for distraction until I can either hit something vital or disarm.

My objective under this scenario: to survive with minimal damage. Now, if I actually get one or both of the knives away from this pseudo-gladiator, he better think fast LOL.

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member3257.png (http://militarysignatures.com)

Fuzzy
8/24/2012 5:08am,
Good point about the low-level kicks. They've definitely given me the most success in empty hand vs knife sparring.

Savate-style toe kick to the knee with safety boots ftw.

Of course, you're fucked if he knows how to shoot.

slamdunc
8/24/2012 5:31am,
Of course, you're fucked if he knows how to shoot.I would prefer that he drop the knives and shoot. At least that way, I will be on my ass, but won't get cut as much.

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member3257.png (http://militarysignatures.com)

DerAuslander
8/24/2012 7:07am,
In a Thunderdome situation, your only real hope is to continue to zone to one side, so you're only dealing with one knife at a time, and pray for some sort of ballistic disarm (defanging). Knee and lower kicks may work, but will likely only be in a range that he will be able to easily stab you. Kicking higher than the knee is a great way to get yourself stabbed in the leg, especially since he has two knives.

CrackFox
8/24/2012 7:16am,
Are there any rocks lying around in this hypothetical battle arena, and are you any good at pitching?

Devil
8/24/2012 8:45am,
Unfortunately for Chief Twoblade, I always keep two shanks squirreled away in my butthole. So I would **** them out, cut him to ribbons because I'm better than him, then wait for him to die from the E-Coli infection.

Edit - Oops, didn't realize this was in The Armory. Excuse me while I lube up for jnp's phallus.

JingMerchant!
8/24/2012 9:00am,
So, with the power of imagination, let's say your caught fighting this double-knife wielding villain, whilst unarmed. And this is motherfucking thunderdome we're talking about (minus the chainsaws on the walls), so no fleeing the scene or offering to buy him a drink instead or any of that weak-ass **** that works in real life. Just you and 2xKnifeMan, to the death.
What's the plan? Systema :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKpJ1XBpyn4

dflanmod
8/24/2012 10:07am,
Infractions... infractions for everybody. This round is on the house.

In a two knife, can't run away type of scenario I would say keep moving and try to improvise a shield out of whatever is handy. But unless you get lucky and find something with some reach on it to hit the guy with I think you would be fucked.

DerAuslander
8/24/2012 10:33am,
Systema :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKpJ1XBpyn4

I don't get how anyone can take that theriously.

JingMerchant!
8/24/2012 11:50am,
I don't get how anyone can take that seriously(?).I certainly wasn't. 'Double knife defence' in Youtube, this one being the only one were the assailant consistently tried to use two knives.

I also had forgotten this was in the Armoury.

I would also like to offer my apologise to JNP, for my tone.

Permalost
8/24/2012 12:14pm,
Cut deeply into one forearm, then the other, repeat as necessary, assuming that this Thunderdome has other edged weapons too.

No weapon- arm drag, dump on stomach side to force them to post with hands, likely letting go of at least 1 knife. Football punt to the junk, stomp their back into wine with Sakuraba double stomps. Remove bloody shoe and wave it in the air as you yell "Are you not entertained!?!"

Mr. Machette
8/24/2012 1:38pm,
Honnest answer?

You need to gain control of one arm and stay zoned out to their side and back so they can't easily stab you with the free arm. (This principle applies to a one-knifey assailant as well)

Whatever your trying to do you're going to have to sink it in FAST.

As you'r already spinning around with them to avoid the other blade it's not to hard to take someone to ground thusing their own momentum. Your main goal is to maintain enough control over their apendages that you can attempt to strip the knife your in control of and stab the living bejessus out of them while maintain a possition that doesn't allow them to decisively attack with their free knife.

Sound hard?

It is.

Sound like you'll still get cut up some?

You probably will.

Would you get stabbed worse if you did nothing at all?

Sure. Most certainly.

Also, Hadukens.

Just throw like, a ton of Hadukens.