PDA

View Full Version : Wushu beats teen gropers

Pages : [1] 2

Soldiermedic
6/23/2012 11:59am,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/22/woman-beats-up-gropers_n_1619537.html?ref=topbar

Yup, kung fu wins on teh streets again.

Seriously though I'm glad she didn't get hurt, and hope those little assholes get what they deserve.

RWaggs
6/23/2012 12:51pm,
Punched that little **** right in the mouth...I love it. Seems like a cool chick.

slamdunc
6/23/2012 1:36pm,
I love it when a group of dumbass kids underestimates someone and get broke off.

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member3257.png (http://militarysignatures.com)

Tameshiwhaty?
6/23/2012 2:47pm,
Effin love it.

dwkfym
6/23/2012 2:50pm,
One of the girl fighters at my past kickboxing club is 9-0, mostly junior fights. Feisty fighting style, totally forward moving. Shes a cutie and a small girl, also loves to party. Apparently some guy cornered her at a club, so she punched him in the nose and ran. We were quite proud of her.

Tameshiwhaty?
6/23/2012 2:59pm,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jenw9QR8oI&feature=youtu.be
Just a clip from the new years celebration the girl doing the form is the girl in the article I think.

lordbd
6/23/2012 6:38pm,
Do you think "wushu" means she learned jet li modern cma? Cool to hear that self defense can actually work in a rapey situation

aiyer
6/23/2012 6:40pm,
Reminds me of a group holiday to Greece when I was 19. One of the other members was someone I knew from karate competitions. The girl was probably one of the best 5 female competitors nationally at that time and could have a bit of a temper. So we go to the club at the hotel. An Italian guy slowdances with her for maybe half a minute and then grabs her ass.
She decks him with an elbow to his temple.

Soldiermedic
6/23/2012 6:44pm,
Do you think "wushu" means she learned jet li modern cma? Cool to hear that self defense can actually work in a rapey situation

On the link to the family's school, her brothers say that "they are both dedicated to teaching contemporary Wushu with the highest attention to detail possible."

Incidentally they both look like anime characters.

Permalost
6/25/2012 11:11am,
Yeah, looks like performance wushu. Of course, one doesn't need to be trained in any martial arts to punch a teen in the face. Good for her, though.

judokarl
6/25/2012 2:28pm,
Now maybe I am just being an ass or missing some key detail here. But I feel she isn't a hero also be charged with assault. The first teen had stopped the sexual assault and she had made him apologize. The woman flat out said during the News interview that she punched the second Teen in the face because he called her a derogatory term not for defense from a sexual assault and she was continuing to punch the kid until he pulled out his knife. Don't get me wrong, Teen one Is guilty of sexual assault but a case could be made that Teen two was just trying to defend himself against a trained attacker who was punching because she didn't like what he said.

dwkfym
6/25/2012 2:40pm,
First of all, we don't know how "stopped" the attack was. Did yo see hedgehogey's video? He was merciful and stopped when the opponent said he'll stop. For his mercy hedge gets punched a few times. I think once you initiate aggression and you get return aggression porportionately (that is, you don't kill in response) you should be at the mercy of the attacker, even if there is a pause. You may be a douche bag for pressing on with your defense when the threat has stopped (at least for now), but i think that is still okay. Unless you go back the next day to beat the crap out of them or something. The law reflects this, generally.

judokarl
6/25/2012 5:05pm,
First of all, we don't know how "stopped" the attack was. Did yo see hedgehogey's video? He was merciful and stopped when the opponent said he'll stop. For his mercy hedge gets punched a few times. I think once you initiate aggression and you get return aggression porportionately (that is, you don't kill in response) you should be at the mercy of the attacker, even if there is a pause. You may be a douche bag for pressing on with your defense when the threat has stopped (at least for now), but i think that is still okay. Unless you go back the next day to beat the crap out of them or something. The law reflects this, generally. I can agree with the concept behind your post 100% But the one who pulled the knife as far as I can tell by the news story and the inverveiw was not the one who committed the sexual assault. She said he called her a degerogitory name then "something inside her snapped". To me that seems to be a blatant admission that it was not about defending herself but about Teaching the kid a lesson. She threw the first punch and kept throwing so he pulled a Knife to defend himself against a more experienced attacker. He was defending himself against her as much as she was defending herself against his friend. I am more considered about the Second kid getting charged with assault with a weapon.

But I admit that there might be more to the situation than that is in the article and how I am seeing things in my head is wrong.

RWaggs
6/25/2012 7:01pm,
^^^^Are you serious? She's a girl by herself, and two guys approach her, and then one gropes her. At that point, the two of them are a dangerous two headed monster until they are gone. If he didn't like getting punched in the face and knew that his friend was in the wrong, then backing the **** off and getting away is his next move...period.

vaquero de las nalgas
6/25/2012 7:29pm,
Now maybe I am just being an ass or missing some key detail here. But I feel she isn't a hero also be charged with assault. The first teen had stopped the sexual assault and she had made him apologize.

Battery.

The woman flat out said during the News interview that she punched the second Teen in the face because he called her a derogatory term not for defense from a sexual assault and she was continuing to punch the kid until he pulled out his knife.

Fighting words. Hate crime.

Don't get me wrong, Teen one Is guilty of sexual assault but a case could be made that Teen two was just trying to defend himself against a trained attacker who was punching because she didn't like what he said.

These two idiots didn't retreat and instead one of them escalated it with a deadly weapon. I'm sitting on a grand jury, and I'm thinking two guys, one girl, girl's ass was grabbed, guy responds with a racist remark, a knife was pulled on her...I'm voting for them to be indicted.

slamdunc
6/25/2012 8:31pm,
I'm voting for them to be indicted.
I can appreciate that; get their asses whipped, get indicted, and go to jail. I picture them in a holding cell explaining to all the homies how some chick whipped their asses even though one of them had a knife. They would be pretty popular in jail.

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member3257.png (http://militarysignatures.com)