PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

LarpOutLoud
6/13/2012 1:49am,
Hi Everyone,

Noob here. I've lurked for a while so I thought it was time to sign up! I have a background FMA and Muay Thai and currently train in Kung fu. I also roll most weekends with a friend at his BJJ gym. I have read the stickies, looks like a cool site.

Cheers guys.

slamdunc
6/13/2012 4:48am,
Welcome to Bullshido.

itwasntme
6/13/2012 4:57am,
Sounds like a solid background. Why kung fu after FMA and Muay Thai?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

LarpOutLoud
6/13/2012 5:42am,
Thanks for the welcome. From all that was available when looking within reasonable distance from my work or home, Kung fu was the best option. Plus, I'm getting older and everything hurts more these days. Small club though, cost me $50 bucks per month and there is plenty on contact/conditioning so I enjoy it.

cualltaigh
6/13/2012 3:07pm,
G'day LarpOutLoud, welcome to the site.

Firstly, 33 ain't that old so quit your whingin' old man ;-). How long have you been casually rolling bjj for? Also, we might be putting together a TD in SEQ towards the end of the year, would be interesting if you could make it and show us some FMA and the like.

Permalost
6/13/2012 4:04pm,
Welcome to Bullshido. What kind of FMA did you do, and for how long?

LarpOutLoud
6/13/2012 6:34pm,
G'day LarpOutLoud, welcome to the site.

Firstly, 33 ain't that old so quit your whingin' old man ;-). How long have you been casually rolling bjj for? Also, we might be putting together a TD in SEQ towards the end of the year, would be interesting if you could make it and show us some FMA and the like.

Thanks for the TD invite. Sounds like fun, count me in! I will try not to punch holes in the mat with my old man walking frame. I've been casually rolling in BJJ for about 18 months, great fun.

LarpOutLoud
6/13/2012 6:36pm,
Welcome to Bullshido. What kind of FMA did you do, and for how long?

Thanks! Doce Pares Arnis Eskrima on the Gold Coast Australia for around six years. The fellow's name was Rick Dank.

battlefields
6/13/2012 7:54pm,
Welcome to Bullshido. You've read the stickies, nice.

So yeah, where do you roll on the weekends?

LarpOutLoud
6/13/2012 9:13pm,
Urban Fitness Mount Gravatt. My mate does no gi there and has open access to the gym on Saturdays. I'm not a member of the gym, I just scam lessons / have a roll with him and get smashed.

There is a Peter Debeen BJJ opening up nearby soon, I might join up if I don't have to sell my kidneys for membership. Also, a Garra BJJ coming soon to my area apparently, not sure how far away. I think I'll try both and see. But for now it's just the Fu and BJJ basics.

battlefields
6/13/2012 10:03pm,
Mount Gravatt near Springwood? Cause there's a few of us now in Advance Martial Arts that has a gym there.

LarpOutLoud
6/13/2012 10:51pm,
Mount Gravatt near Springwood? Cause there's a few of us now in Advance Martial Arts that has a gym there.

Cool. Yeah I think that's Matt Cooper's gym. I forgot about that one thanks. Might check it out.

battlefields
6/13/2012 11:14pm,
Yeah, there's a few of us across the Advance schools now. What suburb are you in?

LarpOutLoud
6/14/2012 12:01am,
I'm in Corinda Brisbane.

battlefields
6/14/2012 12:09am,
So it'd be much of a muchness between Springwood, Mt Gravatt and Coorparoo. Either way, good luck training. Keep an eye out for the Throwdown thread.

LarpOutLoud
6/14/2012 12:12am,
So it'd be much of a muchness between Springwood, Mt Gravatt and Coorparoo. Either way, good luck training. Keep an eye out for the Throwdown thread.

Thanks Battlefields. Will do.