PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Singapore

AdrianC
6/11/2012 12:45pm,
Hi everyone,

First of all, many thanks for the great articles and useful information here, particularly those in the fitness and training sections, some of which have been of great help.

I currently train in Kung Fu, under Namyang Pugilistic Association Singapore (Some of you might be more familiar with Namyang UK, well, its the same school) and have been doing so for almost 2 years.

Apart from that, I have just started training in Kyokushin Karate.

It has been great fun combining traditional Southern Kung Fu and full contact Karate training. I guess mostly due to the fact that they share the same roots, I found during my training that the 2 styles really compliment each other in many ways. Really looking forward to get into a proper tournament in either Sanda or Karate in another year or so.

I hope to add some groundwork to my education in future, perhaps BJJ or Judo but of course, I will be concentrating on getting somewhere with my current arts as well as putting in some serious fitness conditioning for now!

Thanks for reading, looking forward to learning more from everyone here.

lordbd
6/11/2012 1:05pm,
Welcome, I always think it's cool when people combine different arts and see how they blend together!

Auszi
6/11/2012 10:35pm,
If you ever interested in checking out a regional style of Muay Thai, one of my friends runs a school in Singapore.

http://www.muaychaiyapahuyut.com

Really nice guy and Muay Chaiya is a really close range, tight form of Muay Thai, he adds takedowns and grappling to his curriculum . I am sure he would be up for sparring if you wanted to test your style against something different in preparation for a Sanda bout.

AdrianC
6/23/2012 10:44am,
lordbd: Thanks for the welcome! Yeah its really interesting to mix them up a bit, though sometimes I need to be careful not to let the differences in styles confuse me ( i.e differences in horse stance etc)

Auszi: Cheers! Thanks for the link, I checked it out but have not gone down for a visit yet, look very impressive I must say. Though I not sure if I should be asking an established master like your friend to spar with a relatively newbie like me! It will certainly be a great learnig experience though.

Been a busy week,I just went for a trial BJJ class and I think I will start doing it proper. Combining that with my current training in Kung Fu and Karate should make me a more well rounded fighter. Of course, being 29 years old training in 3 martial arts,having a full time job and 2 kids is not exactly the most relaxing lifestyle but anyway no one said being a martial artist is easy ha.

slamdunc
6/23/2012 2:37pm,
Welcome to Bullshido

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member3257.png (http://militarysignatures.com)

gimpy
12/12/2012 1:14am,
welcome

wizwar31
12/12/2012 1:48pm,
Welcome to Bullshido! I was just in Singapore two weeks ago. The food and everything was pretty amazing. I came back from my trip ~10lbs heavier

Budo_Brown
12/13/2012 1:14am,
Hi everyone,

First of all, many thanks for the great articles and useful information here, particularly those in the fitness and training sections, some of which have been of great help.

I currently train in Kung Fu, under Namyang Pugilistic Association Singapore (Some of you might be more familiar with Namyang UK, well, its the same school) and have been doing so for almost 2 years.

Apart from that, I have just started training in Kyokushin Karate.

It has been great fun combining traditional Southern Kung Fu and full contact Karate training. I guess mostly due to the fact that they share the same roots, I found during my training that the 2 styles really compliment each other in many ways. Really looking forward to get into a proper tournament in either Sanda or Karate in another year or so.

I hope to add some groundwork to my education in future, perhaps BJJ or Judo but of course, I will be concentrating on getting somewhere with my current arts as well as putting in some serious fitness conditioning for now!

Thanks for reading, looking forward to learning more from everyone here.

Osu!

I also just started training in Kyokushin Karate. I have no martial arts background prior to Dec 2012. I'm entering a full contact open style tournament April 2013. You said you want to compete, I say just go for it! Osu! I figure I will see what my strengths and weaknesses are if nothing else. Whatever path you choose I wish you luck and nothing but great experiences!

Osu!