PDA

View Full Version : NO Takedowns? @#$%&!!

Pages : [1] 2

chaosexmachina
4/18/2004 10:21am,
I've been attending my new MMA school for about a month and a half now... And In all that time I've never been drilled on a takedown.

Unless you count pulling a kneebar from standing....

In any case, I don't want to undermine my instructors, but I really need to know what's up! Why wouldn't they train us in takedowns? Is the mat to thin? Are we gonna do a whole day of takedowns? Questions I wish I could ask but I respect what my instuctor does. I could always train takedowns with my wrestler friend...

Anyway, I'm sorry... Just getting stuff of my chest.

Gezere
4/18/2004 10:34am,
STOP YOUR FRICKIN WHINING AND DO SOME PUSHUPS!!!

EITHER GRAB YOUR BALLS AND ASK YOUR INSTRUCTOR WHY?

OR

STFU AND LET THE MAN WITH THE KNOW DICTATE THE COURSE?

chaosexmachina
4/18/2004 10:48am,
I just did some pushups, heheh. I think I'll just remain an introvert in this regard and train takedowns with my FSWrestlin' friend. If she agrees of course. Besides, I only grab my nuts when... well nevermind.

chaosexmachina
4/18/2004 10:50am,
PS---

We have trained breakfalls and doing penetration steps, so I'm assuming the takedowns are coming at some point... If not I'll go crazy. My takedowns suck, and my tourney is coming up.

Das Moose
4/18/2004 10:56am,
Just be polite and ask him if he would mind goin over some takedowns if you're interested in it. Any decent instructor will either appreciate your request, or give you a good reason why not.

chaosexmachina
4/18/2004 11:07am,
Beats me! My guess is that he's worried about student safety. That mats at the school are just those thin jigsaw ones. At my last school we used crashmats for takedowns, so I figure I should jack one up from the local school.. lol.

Das Moose
4/18/2004 11:11am,
Lol, tbh i think that sort of thing's a load of BS... for example in my judo class at school, they won't let us do randori because altho we have pretty good tatami. I asked the instructor why, and he goes "Oh, the floor's concrete... wouldn't be safe for most of the people here." I had to restrain myself from pointing out that we used to do our WT class on concrete.

And yes, we did use takedowns. I remember one time Sifu swept the assistant instructor right as he came in to attack sifu, but he had his weight on the front leg. Went down like a chainsawed redwood, and this was on concrete. Looked fucking painful. He was fine in a minute tho.

Chris.B
4/18/2004 11:27am,
Like a lot of people already said, just ask him/her. You don't have to be rude, just ask your instructor, can you teach me some takedowns, and if he dosn't know any your minstructor will just tell you, or he'll say you learn that later.

chaosexmachina
4/18/2004 1:13pm,
Yeah, I guess I'll ask eventually but I'm a puss that way.

WhiteShark
4/18/2004 1:19pm,
Well at least we've established that you are a wuss...

Greese
4/18/2004 2:21pm,
Jigsaw mats are good enough for takedowns. Might be your instructors not real good at takedowns or teaching falls. Or he may have has someone injured from them. Just go and ask him about some takedown a wrestler freind showed you and how to make it MMA safe.

chaosexmachina
4/18/2004 3:26pm,
Originally posted by WhiteShark
Well at least we've established that you are a wuss...

Hahah... Well at least you brought back the jiggly titties!

Omega Supreme
4/18/2004 3:31pm,
It's because you do pankration and pankration sucks.

Dochter
4/18/2004 3:48pm,
weenie

quit your whinning and pump some iron or whatever.

chaosexmachina
4/18/2004 3:51pm,
Okay. I'll go 'pump my iron'....

Omega Supreme
4/18/2004 4:02pm,
Actually that's Swedish Penis Enlarger.