PDA

View Full Version : Moar sparring with karate point fighters

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

RurikGreenwulf
6/07/2012 9:40pm,
Well I'm set up to sparr vs a Point sparring karateka (two years of trainning) he is overly agressive as described by his partners. I have a little over a year of Kyokushin but I havent trained this last month because of a sickness.

Any tips for the fight ?(he does Shito Ryu) and is a few years older than me.
And yes my cousin is the one who started this challenges I just jumped over because I have a personal issue with this guy (he did a unfair wristlock on my girl who does shito ryu with him) but it is not something open I just wanna beat him in a fair sparring.

Head punching and clinch well we practice it in the air combos and such but we dont do nothing of that the place where I train is very knockdown oriented. Clinching I know a little from a class of MMA I went once. I'm going to star crosstrainning Muay Thai in the academy that my cousin got beat up in a few months but for now this is what I got

So any advice or trolling is apreciated

marcwagz
6/07/2012 10:25pm,
so what are you point sparring or actually fighting?
You should just get in close and bash him up no?

RurikGreenwulf
6/07/2012 10:47pm,
so what are you point sparring or actually fighting?
You should just get in close and bash him up no?

Continous Sparring in a light-medium contact but this guy what his parteners say is very agressive well atleast to people who point sparr in light to no contact.

Rules: Muay Thai

Afool92
6/07/2012 11:10pm,
Well my suggestion would be to use angles. try to keep to his outside.Look for wholes in his game. most point fighters that i come across are very linear and just try to get their points first as that is the name of the game. Also look to use def side kick or leg kicks to slow him down get him thinking about what you're doing not his own offense. Hope this helps.

WorldWarCheese
6/08/2012 12:59am,
My advice: Stop this. It's stupid; It's childish; It's an ego-trip that's bound to go bad.

Why try and fight? Just because the dude's a jerk in class and "did an illegal wristlock" on your gf means you have to have a fucking duel with him? Even in ages and cultures that dueled this doesn't really cut it. She was in a martial arts class, things like that may happen, I bet she understands.

You just want a chance to free spar? Why with a point sparrer? Why with a man you clearly have something personal against? If it's to test yourself against a different style why not actually enter an MMA or Muay Thai fight?

A lot of this was said last time you wanted to go out an make an ass of yourself so I don't expect anything to change, but my advice is to bow out, back down and act like a real man and not a boy pretending to be the Latino Karate Miyamoto Musashi.

Have you even fought in a Kyokushin Karate tournament yet? That IS your style right?

CrackFox
6/08/2012 2:16am,
If you want to fight the guy, fight the guy. Don't go into a "light-medium contact" sparring session with the intention of beating someone up - that's just retarded.

I also agree with WorldWarCheese, unless you're competing in your own style and holding your own, you're in no place to go challenging people from other styles.

PointyShinyBurn
6/08/2012 3:54am,
If you want to fight the guy, fight the guy. Don't go into a "light-medium contact" sparring session with the intention of beating someone up - that's just retarded. This.

If you choose to disregard that first piece of advice, kick his legs. Kick them lots.

Nefron
6/08/2012 5:00am,
This.

If you choose to disregard that first piece of advice, kick his head. Kick it a lot.

This.

PointyShinyBurn
6/08/2012 5:06am,
Not really. Point karate fighters train to deliver and defend head kicks, they tend to be worth 1111eleven points in those rule sets. However, leg kicks are illegal, so they all stand sideways, wide open to get chopped down.

slamdunc
6/08/2012 5:50am,
However, leg kicks are illegal, so they all stand sideways, wide open to get chopped down.
Under this logic, Rurik won't score points, may get disqualified from the contest, but will cause this guy a bit of pain--I like it.

For the most part, I agree with WorldWarCheese and CrackFox about this being a bad idea. It isn't a good idea to go into a grudge-match, especially under the other guy's rules.

PointyShinyBurn
6/08/2012 5:52am,
Under this logic, Rurik won't score points, may get disqualified from the contest, but will cause this guy a bit of pain--I like it.
He said it was Thai rules...

slamdunc
6/08/2012 6:02am,
He said it was Thai rules...
Oops, I missed that part. All the better.

Devil
6/08/2012 10:01am,
My suggestion is that OP proceeds as planned. Sparring an older and more aggressive opponent who despite being a relative n00b still has twice as much experience as you, and doing so under a blurry ruleset with emotional motivation.

This could provide a valuable life lesson.

It is Fake
6/08/2012 10:07am,
My suggestion is that OP proceeds as planned. Sparring an older and more aggressive opponent who despite being a relative n00b still has twice as much experience as you, and doing so under a blurry ruleset with emotional motivation.

This could provide a valuable life lesson.This and video.

Permalost
6/08/2012 12:01pm,
Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

Lindz
6/08/2012 12:13pm,
Video! Video! Video!