PDA

View Full Version : F.I.G.H.T.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Deluxe247
4/17/2004 1:33pm,
So I was at the movie theater last night and there was a "self defense" demonstration going on inside. I guess to promote the new movie punisher or something. Anyway, these guys were like a krav maga / attackproof hybrid of mcmartial artists going on and on about knife and gun teqni's. So after watching the comedy for about ten minutes, they started doing RNC releses. I asked one of the guys who appeared to be the "chief" instructor to demonstrate a RNC relese with a push. He asks "from the rear?" Im like "Um,yeah....thats what a REAR nakid choke means...." So he grabs assistant_03 and does the craziest kung fooey side step twirly thing and the guy just goes along with it and lets him go, he wasnt even choking him, just placed his hand on his neck. Anyway, to make a long story short I got his pamplet and went to thier website, and found some funny stuff, ill give you the link to check it out at the end of this post. What I want to know is, has anyone ever seen these guys? They have all the mcdojoisms about them (we train CIA/FBI/SF's,ect as well as "guarnteed to work" stuff)

w

MM4Guy
4/17/2004 1:42pm,
Thats not mcdojo, wtf thats legit dude.

The_Ghost
4/17/2004 1:45pm,
seriously...im in there class at the UN HQ.

BlackBeltNow
4/17/2004 2:12pm,
Originally posted by Deluxe247
Anyway, to make a long story short I got his pamplet and went to thier website, and found some funny stuff, ill give you the link to check it out at the end of this post.

whres the link?

from the sound of it, it does sound mcdojo if they don't know what an RNC is

The_Ghost
4/17/2004 2:18pm,
Do they have a message board? I'd like to spam it sometime.

Boyd
4/17/2004 3:25pm,
Originally posted by BlackBeltNow
whres the link?

from the sound of it, it does sound mcdojo if they don't know what an RNC is

That, or they give it some other crazy name like "rear choke".

ClintEQ
4/17/2004 3:29pm,
Give us a link...

Meex
4/17/2004 3:34pm,
link?

MrApollinax
4/17/2004 5:22pm,
http://www.fight2survive.com/

PHILBERT
4/17/2004 7:58pm,
No, it has to be legit, it says Israeli Guerilla on the site. God, that has to be embarassing though for them. You should of said you did MMA or whatever.

Originally posted by The_Ghost
Do they have a message board? I'd like to spam it sometime.

Already registared myself. :D

altlat
4/17/2004 8:53pm,
The Instructor claims to have a blue belt in BJJ, and black belts in Judo and Full Contact Karate.

Choke
4/17/2004 8:57pm,
Deluxe,

What movie theater, dude? I'd definitely love to barge in on the demo and make an ass of myself. Maybe they are doing another demo.

Wounded Ronin
4/17/2004 9:55pm,
http://fight2survive.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?ReturnUrl=&PostID=406

Memorable quotes from this thread:

"Sometimes Knowing Just A Little Is Worse Than Knowing Nothing At All"

I'm sure the irony of this comment was lost on him after he tried to judge an entire system based upon a single video clip.

I don't know about others, but I tend to switch right off to systems that have to put down other systems in order to boost themselves.

I think the matching phrase is you can't judge a book by it's cover.Which unless he has reviewed the entire lessons we are taught he is guilty of exactly that,which by the wording of his letter is exactly what he has done.I have full faith in Mike Kanarak and HaganaH and that loyalty will not be changing now or any time in the future.

He sounds aggressive to others and he's hubris. Further, he doesnt know how to debate, so he's most likely uneducated as well. - Just Great. An uneducated, hubris trainer. Like the world needs another one of those.

I respect and like my trainer. I'll be sticking to haganah.

FledglingTengu
4/17/2004 10:46pm,
For those who haven't read through their site FAQ, just going to note in the fact that they have the standard "We're not a sport system," we train to face multiple opponents, and we make effective fighters in months.

BlackBeltNow
4/18/2004 12:28pm,
Originally posted by FledglingTengu
For those who haven't read through their site FAQ, just going to note in the fact that they have the standard "We're not a sport system," we train to face multiple opponents, and we make effective fighters in months.

that's a typical excuse for "we'll lose to fighters therefore we won't to non-fightesr"

The_Ghost
4/18/2004 12:29pm,
we make effective fighters in months.

I thought they trained for self-defense?