PDA

View Full Version : First MMA fight

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Jujutsuka desu
5/14/2012 1:24pm,
Hello Folks, I am trying to get set up for my first MMA fight. But I'm also curious to what is normally needed. What gear will be required outside of gloves etc. Are there specific shorts or clothing? Or does this all differ with different organizations? I am sure I will be told this information later on, but I am interested to find out now.

otherbarry
5/14/2012 4:03pm,
Sorry, I will be of no help in answering that question, but I saw you were from Alabama and was wondering where your fight was going to be?

lionknight
5/14/2012 4:44pm,
Hello Folks, I am trying to get set up for my first MMA fight. But I'm also curious to what is normally needed. What gear will be required outside of gloves etc. Are there specific shorts or clothing? Or does this all differ with different organizations? I am sure I will be told this information later on, but I am interested to find out now.
You should have a coach to help you with this and if not I would have to wonder why you are fighting?

gregaquaman
5/14/2012 5:07pm,
tape, mouthguard,And a pair of shorts. I think pockets are the issue.

They should supply the gloves.

Otherwise it is what you don't take. cafinated drinks and tigerbalm can be an issue. You wont vasaline up the ref will do it.

If you are doing this like a normal person then your coach, their coach the promoter (sometimes even the judges and the ref) will get together and work everything out before hand.

I think there are going to be more people trying out local shows to just jump in the ring and test their ****.

I say go for it but I am also probably the only one who will.

Jujutsuka desu
5/17/2012 5:42pm,
Sorry, I will be of no help in answering that question, but I saw you were from Alabama and was wondering where your fight was going to be?

Pensacola, FL

Jujutsuka desu
5/17/2012 5:46pm,
You should have a coach to help you with this and if not I would have to wonder why you are fighting?
I come from a tradition based Jujutsu school. The guy I have managing for me and carrying me through this MMA stuff is from an MMA gym. I've only had phone conversations with him so far. I got in connection with him because one of his guys also trains at our school. So my Teacher and who is managing my MMA fights are different people. Right now hes working on getting me set up for July right now. The reason why I haven't made it over to his gym is because I live in a different city and haven't had the extra gas lately. But I plan to go there to show him where I am at in my skill level, so he can decide if I am wasting my time/his time.
That's the whole story right now.

I'm just kind of excited to find out what is in store for me.

battlefields
5/17/2012 8:40pm,
**** me drunk. What type of preparation have you done for this fight? Do you spar regularly? What is your rank in jujutsu? Do you spar regularly?

The Question
5/17/2012 10:27pm,
I come from a tradition based Jujutsu school. The guy I have managing for me and carrying me through this MMA stuff is from an MMA gym. I've only had phone conversations with him so far. I got in connection with him because one of his guys also trains at our school. So my Teacher and who is managing my MMA fights are different people. Right now hes working on getting me set up for July right now. The reason why I haven't made it over to his gym is because I live in a different city and haven't had the extra gas lately. But I plan to go there to show him where I am at in my skill level, so he can decide if I am wasting my time/his time.
That's the whole story right now.

I'm just kind of excited to find out what is in store for me.

Oh sweet mercy, for the love of peace, motherfuckers are going to hit you in the head. This is not **** you take lightly. You need more than gloves and tape and mouthguards and nut protectors to be ready. You need skill ************. Skill. That magic **** that makes you move your head when a ************'s fist is set for a collision with it. Have you ever been punched in the face?

You are not from an MMA gym? And you're going to an MMA fight? That should work out fucking brilliantly. I remember the first time I had a cricket match, I prepared for it by playing loads of baseball. Because, you know, sports is sports. Swing one bat, swing them all.

Jujutsuka desu
5/19/2012 12:41pm,
Oh sweet mercy, for the love of peace, motherfuckers are going to hit you in the head. This is not **** you take lightly. You need more than gloves and tape and mouthguards and nut protectors to be ready. You need skill ************. Skill. That magic **** that makes you move your head when a ************'s fist is set for a collision with it. Have you ever been punched in the face?

You are not from an MMA gym? And you're going to an MMA fight? That should work out fucking brilliantly. I remember the first time I had a cricket match, I prepared for it by playing loads of baseball. Because, you know, sports is sports. Swing one bat, swing them all.

Have I ever been punched in the face.
Yes
Pads and Without Pads.

And who said I don't have skill?

Jujutsuka desu
5/19/2012 12:43pm,
**** me drunk. What type of preparation have you done for this fight? Do you spar regularly? What is your rank in jujutsu? Do you spar regularly?

I spar (just about)everytime I go to the Dojo after class and sometimes during class.
My rank in my school is Yonkyu(4th kyu) which is blue belt.

I am not really preparing myself for this fight. I am just doing what I have already been doing.

The Question
5/19/2012 1:27pm,
Have I ever been punched in the face.
Yes
Pads and Without Pads.

And who said I don't have skill?

Who says? Motherfucking Common Sense. Yup, spoke to Common Sense and the first thing he did was break out into peals of raucous laughter. And then he said '**** no he ain't got no skill. How the **** is a ************ gonna play that ****? 4th kyu in Japanese Jits? No history of striking training?. Grappling? Wrestling? Well at least the ************ who gets to fight him will be happy for an easy match.'.

That was what he said. Personally, I thought he was a bit harsh. I mean there's always the outside chance that you will be pitted against a lump of clay, or a pillow, or a dirty mattress in the cage and you'll be able to emerge victorious.

Good luck!

battlefields
5/19/2012 6:00pm,
My money's on the dirty mattress.

JohnnyCache
5/19/2012 6:03pm,
Que, you are being a Negative Nancy

Jujutsuka desu
5/19/2012 8:09pm,
Who says? Motherfucking Common Sense. Yup, spoke to Common Sense and the first thing he did was break out into peals of raucous laughter. And then he said '**** no he ain't got no skill. How the **** is a ************ gonna play that ****? 4th kyu in Japanese Jits? No history of striking training?. Grappling? Wrestling? Well at least the ************ who gets to fight him will be happy for an easy match.'.

That was what he said. Personally, I thought he was a bit harsh. I mean there's always the outside chance that you will be pitted against a lump of clay, or a pillow, or a dirty mattress in the cage and you'll be able to emerge victorious.

Good luck!
Theres striking in Jujutsu and there is grappling in Jujutsu.

And isn't wrestling a form of grappling?

I think you and my opponent will be in for a big surprise. :)

battlefields
5/19/2012 8:19pm,
Theres striking in Jujutsu and there is grappling in Jujutsu.

And isn't wrestling a form of grappling?

I think you and my opponent will be in for a big surprise. :)

The only surprise will be on the punters faces when the bookies cancel all bets due to this being a fucking set up.

Video it or it didn't happen. I don't believe you, by the way.

Jujutsuka desu
5/19/2012 8:50pm,
The only surprise will be on the punters faces when the bookies cancel all bets due to this being a fucking set up.

Video it or it didn't happen. I don't believe you, by the way.
Don't believe me about what?
I don't really have a reason to lie, what do I gain by lying to any of you?