PDA

View Full Version : Good day to you all

BLACK_TIGER
4/24/2012 9:41am,
I'm new here, but I suppose that's obvious, totally different way of doing things on this Forum but I'll get the hang of it.
I'm a Ashihara Karate Instructor, from Manchester UK, although I don't do most of the Japanese stuff in class as I'm English not Japanese. I don't teach karate for trophies, I teach it for the streets - anything which I find doesn't work I've binned it.
I hate musical kata, but love Bunkai application or whatever you wanna call it
I do not teach the typical step forward and punch leaving the hand out for 2 mins while the other hand is chambered whilst the defender does loads of pretty techniques in their own leisure
I'm not too keep on Go Kan Ryu, but love ITF TKD and Choi Kwang Do
I also practice Judo separately as I think this is the best grappling style that fits ME!
OSU!!! (I tend to do that a lot)

jnp
4/24/2012 9:20pm,
Greetings, welcome to Bullshido.

robdaze151
4/24/2012 10:04pm,
sounds like you are a firm believer in practicality. cool
welcome and i hope when you typed that sign off you were refering to The real OSU and not those broke back cowboys out in Oklahoma.

thrutch
4/25/2012 4:58am,
Greetings Black Tiger

We may be meeting in the flesh soon - I've been looking at your place as somewhere to train when I land back in Manc in a month or two (I'm a Withington lad).

BLACK_TIGER
4/25/2012 5:40am,
Greetings Black Tiger

We may be meeting in the flesh soon - I've been looking at your place as somewhere to train when I land back in Manc in a month or two (I'm a Withington lad).

Thrutch, you are always welcome, I love Okinawan Karate too, OSU!!! (robdaze15 - yeah its the proper Knockdown Karate OSU, not the Cowboy yehaaaa!!!)