PDA

View Full Version : Mass murderer states he trained guns using Call of Duty 2

Pages : [1] 2

Wounded Ronin
4/19/2012 8:44am,
Video games are still t3h r34l d34dly. Mass murderer Breivik of Norway has stated in court that he trained for his killing spree by playing Call of Duty 2. Although he also took the time to play World of Warcraft for 16 hours a day, too.

I wonder if this will make Joe Lieberman get all excited about video games again and blame them for violent crime like he'd been doing back in the 90s.

Anders Behring Breivik, who admits killing 77 people in Norway last summer, used a video game as training for his shooting spree, he testified Thursday at his trial for homicide and terrorism.

He played the game "Modern Warfare 2" for practice, he said.

Breivik, who boasts of being an ultranationalist who killed his victims to fight multiculturalism in Norway, also went through a period of playing the game "World of Warcraft" up to 16 hours a day, he testified.

He initially planned to carry out three bomb attacks followed by a "gun-based action," he told the court, but eventually was only able to make enough explosives for one car bomb, which killed eight in central Oslo.

News article link: http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/19/world/europe/norway-breivik-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Psycho Dad
4/19/2012 9:17am,
I look for the day when enough lawyers, prosecutors, and politicians will have grown up on videos games and be able to say, "BULLSHIT!" the next time someone tries this stuff.

Pharabus
4/19/2012 9:19am,
**** yeah, 3 more levels on MW3 and 2 more WoW boss raids and my plans for world domination will finally move to phase 2!!!

Diesel_tke
4/19/2012 9:28am,
Wow, you can learn to make a bomb on COD and MW? Sweet!

PointyShinyBurn
4/19/2012 9:32am,
Maybe he's hoping that a year of 16-hours-per-day WoW counts as time served?

Tom .C
4/19/2012 10:12am,
I just wish people would conclude that it doesn't matter what made the fucker murder all of those kids. It does not matter what the fucker says, it is not excusable. I don't care what he reads, thinks, says or believes. It does not matter what games he plays or what beer he drinks or what food he eats. He said he did it, so put his pointy little head in a punch press and poke the "go" button. He just needs to be no more.

Permalost
4/19/2012 11:06am,
BREAKING NEWS: Guy who doesn't go on shooting spree says he trained for shooting spree by playing video games.

One thing that playing 1st person shooters has taught me is that battle is all about constantly running and jumping, and frankly that sounds awful if you're playing WoW 16 hours a day. By the time SWAT got there he'd already need to stop and take a breather. Especially when carrying 9 guns and a knife or something.

But this gives me a great idea to blame Terraria when someone discovers my secret underground lair.

Tom .C
4/19/2012 12:41pm,
But this gives me a great idea to blame Terraria when someone discovers my secret underground lair.

disclaimer: mom's basement does not count as underground lair

Permalost
4/19/2012 2:08pm,
disclaimer: mom's basement does not count as underground lair
Oh yeah? Well LIGHTNING BOLT!!!!

Vince Tortelli
4/19/2012 2:51pm,
Now it's violent video games.
Before that, it was violent movies made by George Romero and John Carpenter.
Before that, it was Gary Gygax and his satanic Dungeons and Dragons.
Before that, it was EC comics and Batman.

I'd bet money that if we somehow time traveled back to Ur as it was being shaped from clay, we would find a story teller screaming to a crowd that this newfangled cuneiform was turning their children into murderers and rapists (although back then, that may have been a point in its favor.)

Tom .C
4/19/2012 2:58pm,
Oh yeah? Well LIGHTNING BOLT!!!!

Well on to the next level with you then.

Vince Tortelli
4/19/2012 3:00pm,
Well on to the STEAM TUNNELS with you then.

You are not Pardue!

Tom .C
4/19/2012 3:13pm,
You are not Pardue!

You gawdammned kids and your fancy gamespeak...in my day we just had Tetras and PAC-Man. (I blame my violent tantrums in hallways on Pac-Man)

Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs
4/19/2012 3:27pm,
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

Permalost
4/19/2012 4:45pm,
Now it's violent video games.
Before that, it was violent movies made by George Romero and John Carpenter.
Before that, it was Gary Gygax and his satanic Dungeons and Dragons.
Before that, it was EC comics and Batman.

I'd bet money that if we somehow time traveled back to Ur as it was being shaped from clay, we would find a story teller screaming to a crowd that this newfangled cuneiform was turning their children into murderers and rapists (although back then, that may have been a point in its favor.)I'm guessing before Batman it was stag magazines, which have some violently awesome cover art.

http://brisray.com/th/stagnov55cover.jpg
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/STAG-MAGAZINE-6-1955-SHARK-COVER-MY-JOURNEY-INTO-TERROR-/00/s/ODg3WDcyMg==/$(KGrHqF,!p0E8WnhVECwBPK+IQ1!wg~~60_35.JPG
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_5XvBYfxU_dM/TY9-88C16lI/AAAAAAAARJY/Y3QzBJ0qfo4/TRUE-MEN-Stories-February-1960.-Cove.png?imgmax=800

Shawarma
4/19/2012 5:14pm,
16 hours of interacting with World of Warcraft players a day?!

I think we've pinpointed what made the man snap. Not even a Tibetan zen master could stomach that.