PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about suits and fashion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

DKJr
4/08/2012 3:51pm,
Okay. That's what I was wondering. I saw your post and had a case of Deja-Vu.

Really I've got a pretty narrow wheel house to debate in so most likely I'll repeat myself. Bjj, suits, food, and advertising/marketing.

Unlike everyone else on this site I'm not a sociologist, economist, or an English teacher.

JohnnyCache
4/08/2012 8:14pm,
Really I've got a pretty narrow wheel house to debate in so most likely I'll repeat myself. Bjj, suits, food, and advertising/marketing.

Unlike everyone else on this site I'm not a sociologist, economist, or an English teacher.

Suits and marketing both fascinate me. Start some LLL threads on them

Omega Supreme
4/08/2012 10:17pm,
Suits?

DKJr
4/08/2012 10:30pm,
I'm working on the thread now Johnny.

Suits?

Yes, suits you heathen. It's what people with style wear to show we're better than you.

:TrollDad:

Um yeah, back on topic. I've also trained with two Pittman/Machado black belts for several months, including several other Machado trained black belts. (Just giving you my bona fides)

Omega Supreme
4/08/2012 10:38pm,
I'm working on the thread now Johnny.

Yes, suits you heathen. It's what people with style wear to show we're better than you.

:TrollDad:

Um yeah, back on topic. I've also trained with two Pittman/Machado black belts for several months, including several other Machado trained black belts. (Just giving you my bona fides)Let me know when the thread is up you neanderthal. Want to guess what I used to do for a living?

DKJr
4/08/2012 10:44pm,
Let me know when the thread is up you neanderthal. Want to guess what I used to do for a living?

Let me guess, you worked the press at a dry cleaners?

(It's going to be about a Suit 101, where I like to get mine, how they should fit, what colors and cut. Appropriate accessories, and what looks good now.)

Omega Supreme
4/08/2012 10:58pm,
Let me guess, you worked the press at a dry cleaners?

(It's going to be about a Suit 101, where I like to get mine, how they should fit, what colors and cut. Appropriate accessories, and what looks good now.)
How about I used to be a professional shopper for several neuvo companies in need of dress codes and etiquette for their CEOs.

Suits have always been hard for me considering I have a 12-14 inch drop. As of late I've pretty much stuck with sports coats and slacks. Just got done buying a few Friday. My mom used to be a professional shopper and buyer.

Ming Loyalist
4/08/2012 11:06pm,
suits, shirts - i live in new york city so i have a reasonable tailor and can have them made bespoke.

shoes - all about alden. have some cap toe, wingtip, saddle shoe and indy boot aldens.

funny thing is that i mostly wear jeans/t-shirts to work.

DKJr
4/08/2012 11:15pm,
How about I used to be a professional shopper for several neuvo companies in need of dress codes and etiquette for their CEOs.

Suits have always been hard for me considering I have a 12-14 inch drop. As of late I've pretty much stuck with sports coats and slacks. Just got done buying a few Friday. My mom used to be a professional shopper and buyer.

Legit! We must compare ideas!

Why not go dark wash jeans and a casual sports coat? It's one of my favorite non-suite substitutes. It's casual with a hint of class.

Omega Supreme
4/08/2012 11:19pm,

Why not go dark wash jeans and a casual sports coat? It's one of my favorite non-suite substitutes. It's casual with a hint of class.I do this too. I was going to buy a Pleather coat to finish this off but I ended up with a light olive linen 3 button and a two button micro hounds tooth, black and white, with peak lapel. Went well with the dark jeans I brought to match up.

I'm also glad that vests are making a comeback.

Hiro Protagonist
4/09/2012 12:12am,

Why not go dark wash jeans and a casual sports coat? It's one of my favorite non-suite substitutes. It's casual with a hint of class.

http://img6.bdbphotos.com/images/huge/d/j/djfcb9fg7r0z9dcj.jpg

Do you own a boat,
and want me to entertain your wife while you're away sailing?

TheMightyMcClaw
4/09/2012 12:22am,
As a professional clothing designer/producer/artist/whatever, I just want to express my utter disdain for and lack of interest in suits. For one, We've been wearing the almost the exact same damn outfits since the American Civil War:
http://historicparks.org/imagegallery/delaosa/images/UnknownDeLaOsa_jpg.jpg (http://historicparks.org/imagegallery/delaosa/images/UnknownDeLaOsa_jpg.jpg)

And for two, that outfit is really fucking boring.

DKJr
4/09/2012 12:24am,
I do this too. I was going to buy a Pleather coat to finish this off but I ended up with a light olive linen 3 button and a two button micro hounds tooth, black and white, with peak lapel. Went well with the dark jeans I brought to match up.

I'm also glad that vests are making a comeback.

Two buttons are great, peak lapel very classy. I enjoy the vest tie combo with a plaid shirt no coat, and dark wash jeans. (It's Texas, can't wear coat and vest unless it's the winter.)

Are you a slim, skinny, or full sized tie man?

DKJr
4/09/2012 12:28am,
As a professional clothing designer, I just want to express my utter disdain for and lack of interest in suits. For one, We've been wearing the almost the exact same damn outfits since the American Civil War:
http://historicparks.org/imagegallery/delaosa/images/UnknownDeLaOsa_jpg.jpg (http://historicparks.org/imagegallery/delaosa/images/UnknownDeLaOsa_jpg.jpg)

And for two, that outfit is really fucking boring.

Grab some class, and drop the chain links.

Go get a Slim cut, slim lapels, dark grey suit, a white shirt, and a slim navy tie with a silver tie clip and white pocket square. You'll love it, and people will love you in it.

DKJr
4/09/2012 12:33am,
Suits and marketing both fascinate me. Start some LLL threads on them

Pm a topic about marketing/advertising and I'll make a thread on it. (I work in both, although I've been in the industry about a year and half. I'm pretty decent at what I do.)

TheMightyMcClaw
4/09/2012 12:33am,
Grab some class, and drop the chain links.

Go get a Slim cut, slim lapels, dark grey suit, a white shirt, and a slim navy tie with a silver tie clip and white pocket square. You'll love it, and people will love you in it.

Haven't you heard? Metal is the new black.