PDA

View Full Version : Fact or fiction? Rip a bull's heart out?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

taijidude
4/04/2012 12:51pm,
I've heard stories of some Chinese(?) master who supposedly ripped the heart out of a live bull's chest during a professional fight back in the 70's. I can't find anything online that confirms this, but I've heard it several times over the years. Anyone know of this as being real or imagined?

jnp
4/04/2012 1:00pm,
I've heard stories of some Chinese(?) master who supposedly ripped the heart out of a live bull's chest during a professional fight back in the 70's. I can't find anything online that confirms this, but I've heard it several times over the years. Anyone know of this as being real or imagined?
The forum you started this thread in is for investigations into martial fraud, not questions regarding hearsay. Please take the time to read the stickies at the top of the individual forums in order to prevent this from happening again.

Thread moved to YMAS.

There is a well established legend about Mas Oyama, the founder of Kyokushin Karate, killing a bull with a hand strike to it's skull. I've never heard of any other martial legend associated with killing cattle. Then again, I'm hardly an expert in this subject.

P Marsh
4/04/2012 1:01pm,

Listen to what you're saying.

A kung fu fighter, in a professional fight... against a bull.

a kung fu fighter

in a professional fight

AGAINST A BULL.

taijidude
4/04/2012 1:03pm,
Sorry, I wasn't sure if this qualified as fraud. My bad.

Brazzzuka
4/04/2012 1:04pm,
Taji, you are so wrong man, it wasn't a bull's heart but a freaking DRAGON'S heart i know cuz this Chinese guy i know told me that story , i SWEAR is the r3alz !!!!

Sent from my LG-P990hN using Tapatalk

taijidude
4/04/2012 1:05pm,
The fight was supposedly a boxing match, and his feat was part of some exhibition. But that's just what I've *heard*, which is what I'm trying to determine as real or imagined.

dflanmod
4/04/2012 1:08pm,
Yes it's true. A kung foo master did rip a bulls heart out while the bull was still alive. It's really not all that difficult. The secret is to choose the correct point of entry, think "Texas heart shot".

Gary Busey
4/04/2012 1:11pm,
Are you kidding me? It is obvious that it is true. I say you go to a rodeo or PBR event ad try it for yourself. Report back and let us know ho it goes.

KSherman
4/04/2012 1:12pm,
I find that a little hard to believe and if he really did... someone should really beat his ass. that is not a show of strength!!! Sorry for the girly reply but eeewwww!

dflanmod
4/04/2012 1:15pm,
It's much easier to pull off if you're a pro basket ball player. It's all about the extended reach. I mean I tried it one time but I only made it to the third stomach and got a handfull of **** for my efforts. But then again I'm only 5'9" don't have and impressive reach.

That bull didn't **** right for a week though.

taijidude
4/04/2012 1:22pm,
Yes it's true. A kung foo master did rip a bulls heart out while the bull was still alive. It's really not all that difficult. The secret is to choose the correct point of entry, think "Texas heart shot".

I don't doubt that it's possible. I suspect if one spent a good portion of their lives dipping their fingers and hands repeatedly in everything from hot sand to boiling oil every day that they would develop the ability to pierce skin (or possibly a bull's flesh).

Gezere
4/04/2012 1:28pm,
If you haven't figured it out yet, NO its not true. It is impossible to do so. No has ever done it and no one ever will.

There is a well established legend about Mas Oyama, the founder of Kyokushin Karate, killing a bull with a hand strike to it's skull. I've never heard of any other martial legend associated with killing cattle. Then again, I'm hardly an expert in this subject.
Sokon "Bushi" Matsumura was also known to abuse cattle. There is a legend where he was supposed to fight a bull to show his prowess. He went to where the bull was being kept and basically tortured it (I think it was by sticking a needle up his nose or something). When it came the day of the "fight" when the bull saw Matsumura it ran off scared and people thought it was because of his incredible power. Matsumura was sort of the "Batman" of his day. Why waste energy fighting when you can prep the DZ and win by intimidation.

Yet another useless piece of MA history brought you by a decent Chianti.

Rivington
4/04/2012 1:32pm,
I suspect if one spent a good portion of their lives dipping their fingers and hands repeatedly in everything from hot sand to boiling oil every day that they would develop the ability to pierce skin (or possibly a bull's flesh).

I bet that someone who stuck their hand in boiling oil every day wouldn't be able to do very much with that hand at all.

Permalost
4/04/2012 1:33pm,
There's also at least one well respected karateka (Blooming) who was Oyama's contemporary that said that Oyama's ability to chop the horns off was because they were sawed before the match so they would break off more easily.

The fight was supposedly a boxing match, and his feat was part of some exhibition. But that's just what I've *heard*, which is what I'm trying to determine as real or imagined.
Ridiculous claim aside, you need something more than "someone said that some guy did this thing at some time in some place, did it really happen?" Maybe a name, or source or something. My guess- total bullshit. Martial artists can exploit physics to break impressive amounts of hard objects (wood, ice, bricks) but soft tissue of a large animal is something very different. If it was true, it would be stupid and brutal and might cause some audience members to vomit.

I don't doubt that it's possible. I suspect if one spent a good portion of their lives dipping their fingers and hands repeatedly in everything from hot sand to boiling oil every day that they would develop the ability to pierce skin (or possibly a bull's flesh).
What you are describing might increase pain tolerance, but its not pain tolerance that would allow someone to pierce through skin with their hands.

The founder of the Appalachian snake handling church was bitten by many, many venomous snakes, and his hands became shriveled and decrepit, not kung fu death weapons. Administering dangerous substances to the hands generally doesn't make them tougher- it makes them weaker.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_NYUA5xSZfc/TloJD4aQNyI/AAAAAAAABUs/JRXVVKRjun8/s1600/snakehandlers_chafin.jpg

Gezere
4/04/2012 1:40pm,
You are greatly underestimating human skin. Don't let the lil scrapes and cuts fool you your skin is pretty tough. No man is piercing it with there bare fingers regardless of what condition they do. Don't be fooled by parlor tricks.

taijidude
4/04/2012 1:40pm,
I bet that someone who stuck their hand in boiling oil every day wouldn't be able to do very much with that hand at all.

That kind of training would obviously have some serious long term effects. No concert piano playing in their future. But there's at least one episode of Fight Quest(?) (the one with Bill Duff) I think it was Silat, where they tried to get him to dunk his hands in a bowl of boiling coconut oil but he wouldn't, he said he'd leave that to the "professionals".