PDA

View Full Version : video games become true ......

Pages : [1] 2

Agemoif
3/27/2012 3:43pm,
So i know several guys who do martial arts ju jitsu muay thai shidokan greco roman judo e.t.c. but recently i met a guy who claimed to be a kung fu practisioner i asked him what style he did and he told me chinese kung fu that was too general but he wasn't able to explain anything else according to his ''martial art's'' origins it's like me saying i do japanese karate so i told him to demostrate me at least a part of his ''art'' he demonstarted some (point fighting like flashy kicks and a ashida kim like air katana wielding ) i live in a family in which everybody was involved with martial arts at least once in their lives my father did some wrestling my mother some american kickboxing my uncle is a pankration tkd and kickboxing master my brother did wrestling i do shidokan and in the past i did muay thai and some judo so i know a lot about martial arts and what he did seemed like crap to me then he challenged me to fight him he took a really fake kung fu stance and then he launched a double front kick at my stomach i landed a set of lowkicks and punches then i landed two roundhouses in his head he stepped back and i found the chance to knee him and then it was all about kneeing he told me to stop and i did after i defeated him he sat down and listened to me i told him that what he was taught was fake (the guy thought that ninjas had inox blades ) . His reaction was a little mocking about me being a troskyist and he told me that i was fooled and didn't knew what martial arts are but he told me that i was a good fighter and he invited me to his ''masters'' school i didn't miised the chance and i went there to observe what was going on what was hapening in this place was ridicoulous his master was actually teaching them a mixtur of techniques not from any real martial arts but from tekken dead or alive and other crap like this yeah i saw dragon uppercuts 8 animals video game kung fu punching
flashy kicks e.t.c. it was now obvious that the place is a mcdojo cause there was no sense of distance and the tehniques you must use in each , gaps , drills and generally anything that makes sense
however this experience was not only irritating to me it was also funny watching this guy do a combination of dancing and uppercuts
no sense kicking and the most funny part of all was watching those guys fight yes they actually fought with each other

it looked like something between those 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU3m2eJyCtc&feature=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIMEvauCaYI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Su1a6bii4&feature=related

the most strange part is that in that place thre were not only kids but also adults and even a guy who practised freestyle wrestling

the don't have a site because it's just one school never going to get bigger .

It is Fake
3/27/2012 3:50pm,
Please read the FAQ for this section. Also the enter button is your friend.

The official forum for Bullshido. SERIOUS discussion on McDojos, questionable Martial Artists, and Martial Arts History only. Help us fight fraud in the Martial Arts by contributing well-thought-out threads and ideas on the subject.

Unfortunately, you are using your lack of experience to assume "videogames come true." Schools like this exist all over, hell I trained in a mcdojo, and they have threads all over their website.

RurikGreenwulf
3/27/2012 4:01pm,
The videos suck so much, the first one is either just a spastic douche or some fake video,
The second one is so slow light sparring that is just a dance
And the third probably is nothing

RurikGreenwulf
3/27/2012 8:56pm,
Come on dude, lurk a lot more here ALIVENESS is respected you know what it is? Is fighting someone who FIGHTS BACK who resists your techniques and tries to do the same to you. Only when you test your skills against someone like that regulary you develop fighting prowess and the hability to apply those same techniques under pressure

Also the second video is CLEARLY FAKE and come on Dude you do Shidokan thats a Kyokushin offshot with Muay Thai and Grappling WHAT ELSE CAN YOU ASK FOR? STOP ACTING LIKE A RETARDED

Agemoif
3/28/2012 5:44am,
Please read the FAQ for this section. Also the enter button is your friend.

Unfortunately, you are using your lack of experience to assume "videogames come true." Schools like this exist all over, hell I trained in a mcdojo, and they have threads all over their website.

indeed i don't know much about chinese styles just i just went to some wing chun shows and couple of times to a school near me just to observe but what they did looked nothing like kung fu or any decent form of fighting

Agemoif
3/28/2012 5:46am,
The videos suck so much, the first one is either just a spastic douche or some fake video,
And the third probably is nothing

i never said the videos are good or that they don't suck i posted sow you can see what their fighting looked like the first one is indeed fake

Agemoif
3/28/2012 9:51am,
i have to practise my english for a while i don't understand what you say could you please rephrase

It is Fake
3/28/2012 10:27am,
indeed i don't know much about chinese styles just i just went to some wing chun shows and couple of times to a school near me just to observe but what they did looked nothing like kung fu or any decent form of fighting
Okay, what does kung fu look like to you?

nils
3/28/2012 11:23am,
What is it with people not using punctuation marks and paragraphs any more? Those things are there for a reason; without them your eyes will have a much harder time to keep track. Furthermore, omitting them makes it hard to see the context of verbs and adjectives.

Thatīs how it could look like:

So i know several guys who do martial arts like ju jitsu, muay thai, shidokan, greco roman, judo e.t.c.. But recently i met a guy who claimed to be a kung fu practicioner; when i asked him what style he did, he told me 'chinese kung fu'. That was too general but he wasn't able to explain anything else according to his ''martial art's'' origins. It's like me saying 'i do japanese karate' so i told him to demostrate me at least a part of his ''art'' and he demonstarted some (point fighting like flashy kicks and a ashida kim-like air katana wielding ).

i live in a family in which everybody was involved with martial arts at least once in their lives: my father did some wrestling, my mother some american kickboxing, my uncle is a pankration tkd and kickboxing master, my brother did wrestling, i do shidokan and in the past i did muay thai and some judo so i know a lot about martial arts.

What he did seemed like crap to me. He challenged me to fight him, he took a really fake kung fu stance and then he launched a double front kick at my stomach; i landed a set of lowkicks and punches, then i landed two roundhouses in his head. He stepped back and i found the chance to knee him and then it was all about kneeing.
He told me to stop and i did. After i defeated him he sat down and listened to me. I told him that what he was taught was fake (the guy thought that ninjas had inox blades). His reaction was a little mocking about me being a troskyist and he told me that i was fooled and didn't knew what martial arts are, but he told me that i was a good fighter and he invited me to his ''master's'' school.

i didn't miss the chance and i went there to observe what was going on in this place. It was ridicoulous: his master was actually teaching them a mixture of techniques not from any real martial arts but from tekken, dead or alive and other crap like this. Yeah, i saw dragon uppercuts, 8 animals video game kung fu punching, flashy kicks, e.t.c.

It was now obvious that the place is a mcdojo cause there was no sense of distance and the techniques you must use in each - gaps drills and generally anything that makes sense -
however this experience was not only irritating to me, it was also funny watching this guy do a combination of dancing and uppercuts, no sense-kicking and the most funny part of all was watching those guys fight. Yes they actually fought with each other

it looked like something between those 3

[videos]

the most strange part is that in that place thre were not only kids but also adults and even a guy who practised freestyle wrestling.

they don't have a site because it's just one school never going to get bigger .

Whatīs the name of said mcdojo? Where is it located?
Could you ask if you were allowed to videotape some of their awesome techniques?

P.S.: What in seven hells has trotskyism to do with that?

Kintanon
3/28/2012 12:03pm,
Come on dude, lurk a lot more here ALIVENESS is respected you know what it is? Is fighting someone who FIGHTS BACK who resists your techniques and tries to do the same to you. Only when you test your skills against someone like that regulary you develop fighting prowess and the hability to apply those same techniques under pressure

Also the second video is CLEARLY FAKE and come on Dude you do Shidokan thats a Kyokushin offshot with Muay Thai and Grappling WHAT ELSE CAN YOU ASK FOR? STOP ACTING LIKE A RETARDED

Actually the second video isn't fake. It's two guys playing Capo in the Roda Angola style. It's a game/dance and the Kung Fu guy is fitting his stuff in nicely to the game.

So, video not fake, it's just not what you thought you were looking at.

Chili Pepper
3/28/2012 12:09pm,

I thought the second one was enlightening; so, silat practioners are capoeiristas with no acrobatic ability?

Agemoif
3/28/2012 2:26pm,
Okay, what does kung fu look like to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTZUibPr6kU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbqR3Ad9ecc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bMZGDJrloc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NTHdW6CPmw

Agemoif
3/28/2012 2:55pm,
What is it with people not using punctuation marks and paragraphs any more? Those things are there for a reason; without them your eyes will have a much harder time to keep track. Furthermore, omitting them makes it hard to see the context of verbs and adjectives.

Thatīs how it could look like:

Whatīs the name of said mcdojo? Where is it located?
Could you ask if you were allowed to videotape some of their awesome techniques?

P.S.: What in seven hells has trotskyism to do with that?

flying dragon kung fu don't remember the adress i am gonna ask the kid

trotskyism has nothing to do with it that's why i wrote it down what he told me was completely irrelevant with martial arts

no photos or video

It is Fake
3/28/2012 2:59pm,
Yep, that's exactly what I thought. That's why I said you do not have experience to draw on. Yep, there are tons of schools that train that way. Still, I can show you some that do that and would whoop Mr. Rukine's ass.

Agemoif
3/28/2012 3:03pm,

if you mean that i tested my skills against someone who can't fight back i didn't i just tapped gently but he kept on punching me so i attacked him with my knees still not with enough force to harm him

i don't act like a retarded i do not ask for nothing i just mentioned a fraud

Agemoif
3/28/2012 3:18pm,
Yep, that's exactly what I thought. That's why I said you do not have experience to draw on. Yep, there are tons of schools that train that way. Still, I can show you some that do that and would whoop Mr. Rukine's ass.

who is rukine ?