PDA

View Full Version : First post

Frequent Flyer
3/19/2012 7:32am,
Hello all,

Been lurking for a while and thought I'd post. I've been training Judo for what will be two years in May and aside from a brief stint in 'Kick Jitsu' as a kid that's the sum of my martial arts experience.

Matt Phillips
3/19/2012 7:37am,
Welcome. How's your experience with Judo been so far?

thrutch
3/19/2012 9:26am,
Afternoon mate. You Scouse born and bred?

Frequent Flyer
3/21/2012 12:20pm,
I'm loving it so far, progress is slow, but I guess that's part of what's kept me coming back. :)

Thrutch, I came up here to go to uni years ago and never left.

Matt Phillips
3/21/2012 1:29pm,
I gave Judo a whirl last year and felt like I made almost zero progress with standing aspect of it. Such a slow learning curve. Have you fought in shiai yet?

TaeBo_Master
3/21/2012 6:27pm,
Welcome. I loved Judo for the time I was able to do it. Wish I still was. I hear European Judo is also much better than in America, on the whole.

Frequent Flyer
3/25/2012 5:05pm,
That sounds about right, every now and then I think I'm getting the hang of it, the feeling doesn't last long. I've competed twice so far and was blown away by how different it felt from randori, brought out all my bad habits :) great experience though!

Not sure about the difference in level to be honest, while I'm getting good instruction and have lots of quality partners to randori with Judo's not really in the public eye like in say, France, would be interesting to train abroad see what they do differently.