View Full Version : Wing Chun ground work in action

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

bigstu31s
2/22/2012 5:50pm,
What do you think??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h-dYXhXkWQ

Azatdawn
2/22/2012 5:59pm,
Looks absolutely unrealistic. Using wing chun, you wouldn't end up on the ground anyway.

wetware
2/22/2012 6:00pm,
I think if he said "foom" more it might be an enjoyable video. He's got major flaws with that sweep technique, such as not controlling the arm he's sweeping toward. At least he's got the ankle, but he thinks for some strange reason that he can break it that way. Typical chun delusions.

JohnnyCache
2/22/2012 6:03pm,
hundred year old jiujitsu is discovered hidden in the bong sau

Odacon
2/22/2012 6:08pm,
Jesus christ, he said Foom.

RynoGreene
2/22/2012 7:02pm,
He needs to quit pretending that Chun has groundfighting, bring in a real grappling instructor, and have his students cross train.

XXIV
2/22/2012 7:10pm,
He needs to quit pretending that Chun has groundfighting, bring in a real grappling instructor, and have his students cross train.

In all seriousness, I never understood the aversion to cross-training in a lot of TMAs. Is it a psychological technique to try and get you to spend all your dollhairs at that particular Dojo/Gym or whatever? Is it a head teacher who is entirely too prideful? Knowledge is great to acquire, properly done so it will only help you improve... smh.

Anyway, back to foom.

BearHammer
2/22/2012 7:29pm,
Foom is the new Boom...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ujwetOU45Y

anybody do this while rolling?

ADM
2/22/2012 7:35pm,
Meh, let em train that rubbish, more people that I can destroy with minimal effort.

slamdunc
2/22/2012 9:48pm,
I never understood the aversion to cross-training in a lot of TMAs. Is it a psychological technique to try and get you to spend all your dollhairs at that particular Dojo/Gym or whatever? Is it a head teacher who is entirely too prideful?
In my experience, I have noted both of these individually, and sometimes it is a combination. I have encountered some egotistical instructors over the years, the "our system is best", "master this first, then cross over", etc.
Every time I explored new system or style, I was like a kid in a candy store.
Foom!

XXIV
2/22/2012 10:38pm,
In my experience, I have noted both of these individually, and sometimes it is a combination. I have encountered some egotistical instructors over the years, the "our system is best", "master this first, then cross over", etc.
Every time I explored new system or style, I was like a kid in a candy store.
Foom!

Foom Foom!

Yeah, I mean I could understand a total novice to X or Y system not crosstraining immediately because they could overdo it and injure themselves or try to commit too much to memory and never remember their **** properly.. but to expressly forbid someone from crosstraining without first mastering (as in black belt or equivalent rank?) the first art seems foolish to me.

For instance, I went from sedentary to playing hockey AND attempting to learn some Muay Thai at the same time. That resulted in a stress fracture in my left fibula from a combination of kicking the bag with way too much novice vigor and taking a few too many spills in hockey the day before.

Sort of Tangental. TL;DR: Don't be a fat doughbag and crosstrain, knucklehead.

Also, EXCUSE ME SIR FOOMFOOFOFOFOOFOOOOM

Holy Moment
2/22/2012 10:49pm,
Yeah..
All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom
and a foom-foom - JUST SHAKE YA RUMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKKONgfNONU

Psycho Dad
2/23/2012 1:44pm,
Yeah..
All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom
and a foom-foom - JUST SHAKE YA RUMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKKONgfNONU

The difference between this video and the one in the OP? You can actually see a hit in this video.

Zod
2/23/2012 3:29pm,
Why is the guy in mount trying to punch him in the shoulder? Is that a secret Wing Chun pressure point or something?

Gabetuno
2/23/2012 3:34pm,
Looks totally plausible. Go for it.

Permalost
2/23/2012 3:42pm,
Seems to me that getting a mounted opponent off of you primarily by hooking his head and kinda rolling over with minimal hip action is not only poor grappling- it's also violating wing chun's own economy of motion theories.