PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

foreveralive
2/01/2012 9:09pm,
So, after lurking for ages(this place is great for entertainment), I decided I might as well stop being a douche and start lurking from behind an account instead.

I'm a young guy with virtually no proper martial arts training(armchair martial artist hurr durr huuurr) for the last 6 years, unless regularly getting your ass kicked by friends who actually does martial arts count - No? That's what I thought.

Other than that, I'm a real theory lover, so appart from spending times in the gym trying to keep my sorely needed weight, I spend a lot of time reading, or watching stuff, mainly relating to martial art, because let's face it, I wouldn't be here, if I wasn't a MA nutrider.

Anyways, I'm re-locating myself a week from now, and moving in with my wife in Ibaraki Japan, and hoping that from now on I'll finally get myself sorted out and join a gym(thinking Judo, Bjj, or maybe Shooto).

In any case, if any fellow bullshidoers get together for training or throwdowns down there, I'd love to tag along given the chance - even if it's only to get my ass kicked again lol.

Anyways, cheers mates, and have a nice day!

patfromlogan
2/01/2012 9:41pm,
Lucky you going to Japan. Wonderful country and plenty good training. So you are going to stop being a fan and actually work out. It burns more calories and gives you the chance to make fun of guys wearing ma t-shirts.

patfromlogan
2/01/2012 9:43pm,
Oh, and when you find a dojo pls review it or at least gossip. It's interesting to hear about training (even start a training log!).

foreveralive
2/01/2012 9:55pm,
Well to be fair, I do work out a lot as it is. I just don't work out "martially" lol =p
Well appart from crappling/sparring with friends, and bagwork.
(My only official martial arts experience is a couple of years of western fencing, 6 years of the "oh so terrible"-TKD, and some fragmented JJ training)

After doing some searching around I found this shooto gym very close to where my wifes appartment is: http://www.t-blood.jp/access.html
Who knows? - maybe it's a gem.

lol, gossip it is. If I can find the time - Working hours in Japan ain't known to be nice, and if I'm going to find time to train, spend time with the missus, raise a kid and go out once in a while, I'm guessing my blog-hours will take a beating =P

EDIT: And thanks for the reply! Introductions has never been a strength of mine.