PDA

View Full Version : Tips for upcoming...

Cobbs001
1/22/2012 11:33pm,
Hey, I need some Tips for an upcoming kyokushin tournament. The bouts ( i dont know but there is at least one maybe only one) will be in a ring. There will be 3 round 2 minutes each.

battlefields
1/22/2012 11:58pm,
Kick and punch them until you win.
Stay within the ruleset.
Be a good sport.

gregaquaman
1/23/2012 3:55am,
I have sent a message to my mate who is a kyokushin gun. I will post his reply.

Azatdawn
1/23/2012 6:07am,
Sweep the leg?

gregaquaman
1/23/2012 6:58am,
from thighsy.

well tell him to work on his low kicks inside leg and outside leg. keep his hands up. make sure he works on tempering his body for big body punches. and keep it simple, nothing flash. work the low kicks

And to win a fight he has to either knock out knock down or dominite and the the more aggresivn fightre. so work on fitness to make sure that he can fight dominatly for the whole 2 minutes

BoonDog
1/23/2012 3:26pm,
Hey, I need some Tips for an upcoming kyokushin tournament. The bouts ( i dont know but there is at least one maybe only one) will be in a ring. There will be 3 round 2 minutes each.
Ask your coach what you need to work and focus on.

ADM
1/23/2012 4:54pm,
Ring Karate huh, well good news is that you'll only have one opponent. As for tips:

1. Look at a bunch of Kyokushin videos online, notice the range they fight at, they'll want to keep it in this range. Learn how to deal with it.

2. Protect your liver and solarplexus, one good shot here, you're down for the count and if you can't recover in 3 seconds, its a KO.

3. Watch out for the body body HEAD combo. Usually when someone backs out of getting smacked in the ribs / mid section (and I mean literally, walks back out of it) a head kick will likely follow. THe idea being is that they think your hands will still be protecting your mid section and not your head.

4. Thigh kicks - learn how to block them and learn how and WHEN to throw them. Many fights are won via leg kicks, even if it doesn't result in a KO, a buggered leg = fight over, even if you're too stubborn to drop down to the mat.

5. Fitness - Be fit, don't go all out in the first round or even the first minute of the first round. You'll tire out quickly and it'll be then you realise the other guy has another 5 minutes to walk you around the ring. Lots of running, lots of sparring and get that Cardio as high as you possibly can.

RurikGreenwulf
1/23/2012 8:14pm,
First of all how often and under wich rules do you sparr in your style?

RynoGreene
1/23/2012 8:54pm,
Leg kicks. Don't get lazy defending them either, just trying to tough it out. You'll be fucked in your second or third match even if you win the first.

Other than that, cardio, cardio, cardio, and pacing yourself.

RWaggs
1/25/2012 8:16pm,
4. Thigh kicks - learn how to block them and learn how and WHEN to throw them. Many fights are won via leg kicks, even if it doesn't result in a KO, a buggered leg = fight over, even if you're too stubborn to drop down to the mat.

Yep. I posted this once before, but it was a year ago. I was beaten in this manner in my first KK tournie. My opponent was a brown belt with a lot of tournament experience, and he knew I was a noob (had just gotten my first promotion.) Watch as he destroys me easily with the really simple strategy of, as ADM said, "buggering my leg".
(obviously, I'm the guy on the right)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugRYaEZV3ro&feature=g-upl&context=G2739492AUAAAAAAAGAA

Cobbs001
1/25/2012 9:00pm,
OSU! wow you have heart for keep on going and taking all those leg kicks. I liked the other guys pattern though body, body, leg. While using his forearms to block punches.

RWaggs
1/26/2012 12:07pm,
The kicks were the only thing that hurt, though. Not a single one of those punches hit anything vital. At the TD in Boston last September, Sirc actually showed me a simple way to counter those leg kicks without just checking them.

ADM
1/26/2012 10:20pm,
Is that similar to what Cung Le does to divert the leg kick up so that one can either grab it or just avoid the damage?

If so, that's cool :)

RWaggs
1/27/2012 12:14pm,
It's basically just stepping slightly offline and in and drilling the opponent's sternum or ribs with a punch for their efforts. Pretty simple. You still eat the kick, but it takes quite a bit off it. Also, I've been shown that at the close distance to your opponent this leaves you, it's not too hard to wreck their strong arm with an elbow while you're at it.