PDA

View Full Version : Witches, I am traveling to Japan

Pages : [1] 2 3

CoffeeFan
1/19/2012 12:55am,
Yup, in September my wife and I are going to spend 14 days in Japan. I am super excited! Any bullies live in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hakone, Nara, or any southern city? Anyone been there like to give some travel advice or awesome things to see?

kitkatninja
1/19/2012 12:59am,
Have a great time over there mate :)

That's definately on my list of one of my places to visit.

Omega Supreme
1/19/2012 1:01am,
*ahem....**** you.

That is all.

HereBeADragon
1/19/2012 1:04am,
Go say hi to Hatsumi and tell him Ninjutsu sucks.

Disastorm
1/19/2012 1:07am,
i met hatsumi before. he had purple hair (2009).

in seriousness though, im also visiting tokyo in may of this year again. I'm an otaku so I'm probably just gonna be in Akihabara alot but I'm planning on checking out the "haunted hospital" at the theme park called Fuji Q Highlands. Any of you guys know any other cool stuff around Tokyo?

Kenseido
1/19/2012 1:51am,
check out joypolis in Odaiba, lots of fun for the kid at heart!
yeah, whenever I go to Akihabara, I spend nearly a full day at Yodabashi Kamera. Akiba has changed though, no more street stalls at the front of the station.
If you have any specifics let me know, I'll try and help out.
Enjoy!

Vieux Normand
1/19/2012 3:12pm,
Bring a Geiger counter.

ChenPengFi
1/19/2012 3:53pm,
Whale curry and jerky are available.
If you eat pork, "buta no kakuni" made from the Kagoshima kurobuta (black pig) is amazing.
The produce there is awesome as a whole.
Seafood is of course top notch in variety and quality.
Lots of temples to check out and waterfalls to sit under if you're into that sort of thing.

I hear Nakai-san's gym is filthy, as in moldy etc.

jnp
1/19/2012 3:56pm,
I hear Nakai-san's gym is filthy, as in moldy etc.
Really? You'd think he'd keep an eye on things.

Omega Supreme
1/19/2012 4:01pm,
I hope you get raped by Godzilla.

King Sleepless
1/19/2012 4:02pm,
Can't make the 40 mile drive to the gym, so you're going to make the 6000 mile trip to Japan? YOUR BRAIN IS DUMB!

ADM
1/19/2012 5:12pm,
Loved Japan, was great! So many amazing places to visit and the people are just lovely. I'm sure you have your trip and places planned out well ... get a rail pass ... that is all.

k_raben
1/19/2012 5:36pm,
Some recommendations.

If you are looking for Hotels and want middle range, Toyoko Inn is good. They are in most cities usually close to train stations.

For food, one chain to look for is Koko Ichiban Curry for curry, Yoshinoya for Donburi. Fast food Mos Burger is good.

Look into rail passes for transportation.

Also, you shouldn't have to bring too much cash or Travel Checks. I don't know if this will work for all banks, but I always use my U.S. bank check card to take out cash at the Post Office ATM. Minimum service charge and usually get a good exchange rate.

Ming Loyalist
1/19/2012 5:48pm,
i go to japan once a year in may for a teaching gig, and to visit family.

things i have enjoyed in tokyo:

kodokan
conveyer sushi
meiji shrine
harajuku
kodokan
akihabara
ramen
shinjuku
shibuya
kodokan
soba
tokyo dome city

oh, and the kodokan. that place rules.

Vorpal
1/19/2012 8:04pm,
If you see any of my inlaws please tell them to screw off. Except Great Uncle Keiichi, he's alright.

Bruiser
1/19/2012 8:06pm,
Visit Saku's gym, Laughter 7