PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Kool-Aide and Appeal to authority

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TheSERVICE
12/19/2011 4:48pm,
I saw the video and while it looked extremely cool there were obviously a lot of embellishments as far as using the weapons in a practical manner are concerned. That problem lies in the fact that many cma pratictioners do not train in a practical manner and it's extrememly dificult to find a master who has actually use his/her weapons skills under duress.

All the weapons you see in the video have been used in actual combat at one time or another and the only thing that would make them dangerous the skill of the person wielding them and his/her vibrant imagination.

Where are the practical cma weapons practitioners? The Chinese Cultural Revolution has tried to kill off as many of the masters as they could so the masters had to escape to many areas around the globe so we'll be hard pressed to find one who has taught students practical fighting of any kind.

Should you have any questions for me feel free to contact me and I'll do what I can to find you some answers.

It is Fake
12/19/2011 5:10pm,
I saw the video and while it looked extremely cool there were obviously a lot of embellishments as far as using the weapons in a practical manner are concerned. That problem lies in the fact that many cma pratictioners do not train in a practical manner and it's extrememly dificult to find a master who has actually use his/her weapons skills under duress.

All the weapons you see in the video have been used in actual combat at one time or another and the only thing that would make them dangerous the skill of the person wielding them and his/her vibrant imagination.

Where are the practical cma weapons practitioners? The Chinese Cultural Revolution has tried to kill off as many of the masters as they could so the masters had to escape to many areas around the globe so we'll be hard pressed to find one who has taught students practical fighting of any kind.

Should you have any questions for me feel free to contact me and I'll do what I can to find you some answers.
Ouch. Please get educated on CMA history please.

TheSERVICE
12/19/2011 5:29pm,
Which part of the history would you like for me to get educated on. What have I posted so far that is false?

It is Fake
12/19/2011 5:33pm,
All the weapons you see in the video have been used in actual combat at one time or another and the only thing that would make them dangerous the skill of the person wielding them and his/her vibrant imagination.Some of them are questionable and no there isn't proof they were all used in combat.

Where are the practical cma weapons practitioners? The Chinese Cultural Revolution has tried to kill off as many of the masters as they could so the masters had to escape to many areas around the globe so we'll be hard pressed to find one who has taught students practical fighting of any kind.This not as correct as it has been sold.

TheSERVICE
12/19/2011 5:39pm,
They cannot proven false nor true we were not there therefore feel free to ask your grandmaster about anything I have thus far said. Is there anything else you would like to comment on?

It is Fake
12/19/2011 5:54pm,
They cannot proven false nor true we were not there therefore feel free to ask your grandmaster about anything I have thus far said.Who made the definitive statement? You. Since they are in question, your statement of
All the weapons you see in the video have been used in actual combat at one time or another Is in fact incorrect. You might want to post somewhere else because the "we weren't there" comment doesn't fly here. You know why?

You weren't there when your Grandmaster was promoted, therefore he is not a real Grandmaster.

See what I did there?

W. Rabbit
12/19/2011 6:00pm,
They cannot proven false nor true we were not there therefore feel free to ask your grandmaster about anything I have thus far said. Is there anything else you would like to comment on?

I would like to comment on your grammar.

Can you fix this sentence so that it makes sense.

Wait, I was able to figure it out anyway.

No other than that, no comment.

TheSERVICE
12/19/2011 6:04pm,
Please let us stay on topic old boy. You should instead be asking where/when were these weapons used in combat and how were the majority of the masters forced to leave china. By the way, did ask your sifu or sigung for any validation of what I have said so far or are you just going to ignore the question?

TheSERVICE
12/19/2011 6:07pm,
By the way, can anyone tell me how to change my profle picture? I've been clicking the "edit profile" button for over 15 minutes... lol

W. Rabbit
12/19/2011 6:07pm,
Name one master forced to leave China.

If you can, we can see how far that rabbit hole goes.

It is Fake
12/19/2011 6:19pm,
Please let us stay on topic old boy. You should instead be asking where/when were these weapons used in combat and how were the majority of the masters forced to leave china. By the way, did ask your sifu or sigung for any validation of what I have said so far or are you just going to ignore the question?Now, why would I a go ask anyone something that is historically false.

We are on topic.

Oh and yes, I asked myself.

Permalost
12/19/2011 6:19pm,
So would your grandmaster also be in the dark, since he was also not there?

TheSERVICE
12/19/2011 7:10pm,
Please look up the documentaries of Shaw Brothers, Needle Through Brick, and Shou Yu Liang.
During Mao's "Cultural Revolution" (somewhere during the late 40's to probably mid 60's) many of the masters had to escape/go into hiding as the practice and teaching of the martial arts, along with religios practices, were banned under the new communist regime leading to lots and lots of people to be incarcerated and/or killed.

TheSERVICE
12/19/2011 7:17pm,
@Permalost
So would yours.

It is Fake
12/19/2011 7:20pm,
You haven't named one.
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113787

TheSERVICE
12/19/2011 7:22pm,
You haven't named one.
I named 3 people. Look them up.