PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Meat

Pages : [1] 2

V3num
12/17/2011 2:49am,
It would appear that there are a lot of highly skilled individuals on this forum, and I'm gonna try not to waste your time, so I'll make it quick.

I joined this forum because Martial Arts discussion is always better with Martial Artists, not friends who feign interest. I'm a kickboxing instructor, and have been training in the sport for eight years. I've recently begun considering starting competition fighting, as in K.O finishes, and thought it would be a good idea to get on this forum for advice and experience.

I also train in Krav Maga. Mock all you want, at the end of the day it's brilliant fun.

So, just announcing and introducing myself. Merry Christmas, and have a good weekend.

lionknight
12/17/2011 11:40am,
It would appear that there are a lot of highly skilled individuals on this forum, and I'm gonna try not to waste your time, so I'll make it quick.

I joined this forum because Martial Arts discussion is always better with Martial Artists, not friends who feign interest. I'm a kickboxing instructor, and have been training in the sport for eight years. I've recently begun considering starting competition fighting, as in K.O finishes, and thought it would be a good idea to get on this forum for advice and experience.

I also train in Krav Maga. Mock all you want, at the end of the day it's brilliant fun.

So, just announcing and introducing myself. Merry Christmas, and have a good weekend.

You've been a kickboxing instructor for 8 years and you’re just now thinking of starting competing?

*After looking at some of your posts I predict great things from you.

V3num
12/17/2011 12:20pm,
No. I've been training in the sport for 8 years. Provided I started at the age of 8.
Sorry for the confusion.

dflanmod
12/17/2011 12:32pm,
How old are you now? 16?

lionknight
12/17/2011 12:45pm,
No. I've been training in the sport for 8 years. Provided I started at the age of 8.
Sorry for the confusion.
yyeeeaahhhh....

So what kind of "kickboxing" are you actually doing? Style? School?

Uncle Skippy
12/17/2011 12:59pm,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/70/US_Navy_060411-N-6270R-003_Tae_Bo_creator%2C_Billy_Blanks_holds_a_class_f or_service_members_and_their_dependents_on_his_fam ous_roll_boxing_Tae_Bo_techniques.jpg/640px-US_Navy_060411-N-6270R-003_Tae_Bo_creator%2C_Billy_Blanks_holds_a_class_f or_service_members_and_their_dependents_on_his_fam ous_roll_boxing_Tae_Bo_techniques.jpg

It is Fake
12/17/2011 12:59pm,
Quick check and I think, well it is pretty obvious, he is 15 teen.

V3num
12/17/2011 1:14pm,
yyeeeaahhhh....

So what kind of "kickboxing" are you actually doing? Style? School?

It's freestyle kickboxing, with Eastern alignment. I'm with UKMA. Some 'fancy' stuff, and none of Santa Gnaws' example of what is ahtefully called "Boxercise".

jnp
12/17/2011 1:38pm,
It's freestyle kickboxing, with Eastern alignment. I'm with UKMA. Some 'fancy' stuff, and none of Santa Gnaws' example of what is ahtefully called "Boxercise".
Welcome to Bullshido V3num. Please be advised that this forum does not cater to children or teenagers. As long as you post like an adult you will be fine. If you start hurling insults when other members criticize you, you will be banned until you turn 18.

Some of our regular posters would do well to remember that we are required to refrain from trolling in Newbietown. If this is difficult for you, the staff can help you by giving you a little vacation from the site.

Lindz
12/17/2011 1:44pm,
It's freestyle kickboxing,

Never heard of it. Can you show us an example?

Eastern alignment
What's that mean?

V3num
12/17/2011 1:50pm,
Welcome to Bullshido V3num. Please be advised that this forum does not cater to children or teenagers. As long as you post like an adult you will be fine. If you start hurling insults when other members criticize you, you will be banned until you turn 18.

Some of our regular posters would do well to remember that we are required to refrain from trolling in Newbietown. If this is difficult for you, the staff can help you by giving you a little vacation from the site.

Thanks for the heads-up. I appreciate your concern, but you don't have to worry about that. You all seem like pleasant people, and if I got pissed off enough by any of you, I'd have the good grace to give myself a little vacation from the forum. No immature threat intended, of course. :)

Never heard of it. Can you show us an example?

What's that mean?

Both good questions. Once I'm a little more established in the forum, I'll get a camera out and demonstrate.
As for Eastern alignment, you might know it a little better as Muay Thai, or Thaiboxing. Elbows and knee strikes are more common in this form of the sport.

lionknight
12/17/2011 2:08pm,

This thread is not in Newbietown.

lionknight
12/17/2011 2:10pm,
Thanks for the heads-up. I appreciate your concern, but you don't have to worry about that. You all seem like pleasant people, and if I got pissed off enough by any of you, I'd have the good grace to give myself a little vacation from the forum. No immature threat intended, of course. :)

Both good questions. Once I'm a little more established in the forum, I'll get a camera out and demonstrate.
As for Eastern alignment, you might know it a little better as Muay Thai, or Thaiboxing. Elbows and knee strikes are more common in this form of the sport.

Is this your MA?

http://www.ukma.org/

dflanmod
12/17/2011 2:19pm,
He spamed his OP in newbietown as well.
Confused me for a minute.

Lindz
12/17/2011 2:22pm,

It doesn't have to be video of you.

V3num
12/17/2011 2:25pm,
Yes lionknight, that's the one. Works well for me.
Also, check out "The Bullring" in Tring on Facebook. That's the other club I'll be fighting for.