PDA

View Full Version : Silver linings

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

bunyip
4/08/2004 6:28am,
As dumbass n00bs continue to engulf the forum in a storm of fucktardation, suddenly the clouds part and a ray of hope shines through:

Originally posted by Gelid Light
After perusing most of the forums, I would offer that someone like myself should be given the ability to edit everyone's posts. The only thing many of you are "grappling" is your own veritable illiteracy. It's a losing battle.

Originally posted by Veridian
Don't try to act all intellectual, on these forums it will only get you into trouble.
Somehow I doubt you could be speaking from experience.

Hannibal,
I offer you my gratitude. That was an entirely unanticipated pleasure. Who would have thought that there were still people in the world who would look at a word they don't understand and simply assume it doesn't exist.

[Hannibal,]
You use retarded circumlocutions like "put people down" when you could use the very beautiful "belittle". That is unpardonable.

SLJ
4/08/2004 6:35am,
Lol, I like him already.

Hannibal
4/08/2004 6:37am,
I don't. I think hes a complete bastard. Another wanker who dosen't yet realise this is an internet discussion forum about martial arts. Its not an english class.

drunkenj
4/08/2004 6:41am,
you wouldn't go into a fight with sloppy footwork and wild punches, so what excuse is there to have bad spelling and grammar here?

ps. dont answer it's rhetorical

Hannibal
4/08/2004 6:44am,
No comment. But don't quote me on that.

Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD
4/08/2004 8:17am,
"circumlocutions?" someone hasn't found a practical way to apply their liberal-arts degree.*

*please note: i'm not defending hannibal. i'm just trying to make the point that people who needlessly drop bombs like "veritable," "perusing" and "circumlocution" aren't good writers. they're pretentious people with access to a thesaurus.

Hannibal
4/08/2004 8:41am,
It wasn't me that used that word idiot !

4/08/2004 8:42am,
oh boy.

Hannibal
4/08/2004 8:54am,
No thankyou.

4/08/2004 8:55am,
"gilligan, did you get hit on the head with another coconut?"

Dochter
4/08/2004 10:19am,
I'd also like to nominate bad news hughes for the non-dumbass newbie "gang" (;)), based mostly on his locating the source from which Satchet plagerized, after both Brand and myself came up with nothing on google.

Exposing bulshit with less than 50 posts should qualify him for entrance.

inde
4/08/2004 10:29am,
Did Hannibal really not understand
bad news hughes's post or is he
just joking?

4/08/2004 10:32am,
Originally posted by Dochter
I'd also like to nominate bad news hughes for the non-dumbass newbie "gang" (;)), based mostly on his locating the source from which Satchet plagerized, after both Brand and myself came up with nothing on google.

thanks, but possibly premature. based on my track record so far, that might be the one constructive thing i'll ever do here.

Dochter
4/08/2004 10:53am,
1> most here :D

JKDChick
4/08/2004 2:28pm,
Originally posted by Hannibal
It wasn't me that used that word idiot !

He was talking about Gelid, nitwit.

Gelid Light
4/08/2004 2:34pm,
Originally posted by bad news hughes
"circumlocutions?" someone hasn't found a practical way to apply their liberal-arts degree.*

*please note: i'm not defending hannibal. i'm just trying to make the point that people who needlessly drop bombs like "veritable," "perusing" and "circumlocution" aren't good writers. they're pretentious people with access to a thesaurus.

"bad news hughes" makes a legitimate point. However, I must protest that I neither own a thesaurus, nor wish to. As for the practical purpose to which I apply my "liberal arts degree", let's just say that I have already made a fair bit of money with my education, as if that were ever the point.

What would you have had me say instead of circumlocution? "Talk-around"? I prefer the Anglo-Saxon whenever I have the option as well, but it isn't always there.

My comment about circumlocutions was actually directed at Veridian, who writes like someone whose submissions are rejected by the TV Guide.