PDA

View Full Version : Pain.

Pages : [1] 2

Cobbs001
12/10/2011 5:20pm,
I have a wisdom tooth now. Amazingly enough the one on top grew perfectly. The one on the bottom though is coming up sideways.
Literally it is sideways and is pushing against another tooth. I am trying to get this fixed so I can go back to living relatively pain free.
But damn this hurts not like being punched or kneed or kicked or even thrown which I have but is a drilling pain dammit. Does anyone know
any meditation that can help in the mean time until this thing is out of my skull.

wetware
12/10/2011 5:25pm,
Yeah, it's called Vicodin.

You might try sucking on small ice cubes to numb the area a bit but this is a temporary solution and won't do much more than take the edge off. I am, however, surprised you didn't get a prescription for some sort of painkiller.

Cobbs001
12/10/2011 6:05pm,
thanks for the lol. But I have no insurance and am trying to go to the free clinic that is not open until monday. But for now there is only ibuprofin and aleve wit the ice pack.

It is Fake
12/10/2011 6:14pm,
I have a wisdom tooth now. Amazingly enough the one on top grew perfectly. The one on the bottom though is coming up sideways.
Literally it is sideways and is pushing against another tooth. I am trying to get this fixed so I can go back to living relatively pain free.
But damn this hurts not like being punched or kneed or kicked or even thrown which I have but is a drilling pain dammit. Does anyone know
any meditation that can help in the mean time until this thing is out of my skull.Nope not over the counter. It is the nerve and pressure pain 1200mg will dull it for a few hours.

Tranquil Suit
12/10/2011 6:24pm,
Depends in what country you live.

Cobbs001
12/10/2011 6:28pm,
I wish it was lke in gattaca. genetically enginered to grow them in perfectly, alas only one grew in perfectly.

The_Beak
12/10/2011 6:30pm,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO1c3Ony_Ec

I remember a Bully who fell of the side of a mountain and had his face scraped off by ice on the way down.

Dude even posted a pic. Where's that guy?

RE-EDIT:

I broke my wrist in a skiing accident in France three weeks ago. What happened: I fall on a steep slope which basically had all the properties of an icy mirror. Lost both my ski's in the fall and glided all the way down the remainder of the slope (150-200 meters) and fell over the edge (no nets there). When I shot over the edge I knew I was gonna take a dive down a very steep flank of about 30m. The flank had a plus 40 gradient and an avalanche was dynamited from there to protect other skiers. The snow boulders (for lack of a better word) had frozen up and did not look inviting. Not that I had a choice, mind you.
So, I did the only thing I could do except losing my ****: roll and hold on to dear life. Thanks to some decent ukemi, I did not die and landed some 15 meters down on the flank. My ribs still hurt, my knee is fucked and I have a wrist which is broken in 3 places. And my face was totally fucked as well. But I am not dead. First thing I did upon returning to Belgium is thank my Judo sensei and grappling/Bjj instructor. MMA can save your life in more ways than one as it appears. (this story is not made up btw. I have pics for any idiot who doesn't believe me.)

125871258812589[/WLEFT]

Pics of me at first aid post pre- and post treatment. enjoy
I was coming of a ridiculous adrenaline high so that's why I'm smiling. They gave me a shitload of painkillers and it still hurt like ****. Notice the funny angle of my wrist in the second pic. lolz

gregaquaman
12/10/2011 6:58pm,
tooth pain sucks. I also like cold plain mineral water. Or soda water. That way the salt and the bubbles keep your teeth a bit cleaner and looks after any cuts.

wetware
12/10/2011 8:50pm,
thanks for the lol. But I have no insurance and am trying to go to the free clinic that is not open until monday. But for now there is only ibuprofin and aleve wit the ice pack.

Another option to try is if any of the schools around have a dental teaching program. I got a lot of work done for free at a local school that teaches dental assistants.

Depends in what country you live.
No Insurance? Gotta be the US.

Sorekara
12/10/2011 9:28pm,
How long has it been growing in? I've got 2 that come in and go out. (for lack of better description).

There's alot of quack dentists out there. You can find one that will pull it for you for around $60 to $100.

hungryjoe
12/10/2011 10:47pm,
Cobbs001,

Sucks on the impacted wisdom tooth. Had mine extracted while in USMC boot camp )-:

Not to be used over a long period of time (it will attack the surrounding tissue), but you can try dissolving an aspirin beside the affected tooth.

Ice pack on the jaw to sinus area.

Another home remedy is to apply clove oil, but given the depth may or may not help.

Can't hurt you to read this http://www.myhomeremedies.com/static/tooth-ache-pain.html

Best bet is to get the problem tooth extracted as it will only get worse.

Try the aspirin technique.

Good luck.

Cobbs001
12/10/2011 11:31pm,
I am trying to go to Nova to get it removed for free or Jackson memorial. I tried the sdissolving asprin thig when I thought it was a cavity. If I am lucky this thing will stop growing. If it does not I will be put to sleep and get it out but no matter the time since it is horizontal it will be very time consuming though.

crappler
12/11/2011 12:47am,
Go to the ER and act like you are dying. They will give you codeine until you can get to dentist. Declare bankruptcy on those bills or just refuse to pay them. Not easily collectible.

Oh, and ice.

ChenPengFi
12/11/2011 5:03am,
Go to the ER and act like you are dying. They will give you codeine until you can get to dentist. Declare bankruptcy on those bills or just refuse to pay them. Not easily collectible.

Oh, and ice.

America! **** yeah!!

Sorekara
12/11/2011 9:44am,
America! **** yeah!!

Damn skippy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et0Bssnm1mw

crappler
12/11/2011 1:45pm,
I actually had FOUR impacted wisdom teeth that grew in when I was about 32. The grew forward toward my molars. I tried to have them all extracted at once. I refuse to be put under, so it was displeasing. They were cranking away on my jaw and I could feel it bending all over the place. The Russian dentist I had at this "Western Dental" chain didn't have hands strong enough, so she started to get tired on the third one, and said it would be "too much" to take out all four.

I tell you what, those things are in there tight. It is not easy to pull a tooth.