PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Pensacola, FL

Justinvtheworld
11/21/2011 2:13pm,
Hello everyone!
I'm a compulsive lurker on the site, but, finally decided to make an account. Just had my first class of Judo last night too, so, figured that now would be a good time. Haha Well, again, hello to everyone!

Ketsueki
11/21/2011 10:47pm,
Welcome to Bullshido. Judo is a good choice. Did you like it?

Justinvtheworld
11/21/2011 11:10pm,
I loved it. I've spent some time in a McDojo or two, so, it's pretty awesome to get into a gym that does some real training. And learning how to throw people to the ground is always a plus. Lol

jspeedy
11/21/2011 11:37pm,
Welcome to Bullshido! I live in Gulf Breeze right down the street from Pcola. Another member here Diesel lives in Pcola too. I've met up with him a couple of times but he's on the complete other side of town over an hour from me. I've just finished school and an looking for work in the oncology field, consequently I have a little more free time on my hands. Us Pcola guys will have to get up some time after the holidays. I'm nursing a broken patella at the moment and I hope to return to BJJ to at least participate in the compliant drills soon, it will still be a while before I can roll.

Where do you train judo? What Mcdojos did you train at? I've been to a few in the area myself. If I get a job in the area and stay around I'm hoping to get together a small FMA group some time next year after I test for completion of the art in Balintawak Arnis which i've been training almost 7 years now.

Justinvtheworld
11/22/2011 1:24pm,
Right on man. It's always nice to meet some people from the surrounding area. Hope your patella heals up nice though. I've trained at various TKD schools around town, ITA/ATA, a few years back, and then I went to the Red Dragon for a very short amount of time. Lol I just started my training in Judo up at the Pensacola Academy for MMA and BJJ. Them and Pensacola BJJ with Adriano Lucio from the Big Green Drum just recently merged together.