PDA

View Full Version : Point style re-visited

Teryan
4/05/2004 9:19pm,
I went with a friend to watch a point style sparring in a tournament. It raised a few questions in my mind about point style sparring, and the way that they did it. The way that they judged it was if they had power behind their technique (and proper technique), no tapping (actually had to hit them) or wild throwing stuff. My friend got knocked down a bunch and got the breath knocked out of him a couple of times. Sunday he had to limp everware, and had a bunch of bruses on his arms. Another guy got a bloody nose from a kick to the face and in the next round he had some tolit paper up his nose :D It was quite funny. But earler in the day, the same guy threw a side kick and caught another guy in the arm, looked like the guys arm broke, they had to take him to a hospital.

So if you can thow a side kick and break someone's arm, is't that self defence? What do you think of this type of sparring and it's application to defends one's self?

bunyip
4/05/2004 9:24pm,
Purple.

Teryan
4/05/2004 9:28pm,
Purple?
wtf?

MaverickZ
4/05/2004 9:28pm,
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=purple

Teryan
4/05/2004 9:37pm,
Any of a group of colors with a hue between that of violet and red.
Cloth of a color between violet and red, formerly worn as a symbol of royalty or high office.
Imperial power; high rank: born to the purple.
Roman Catholic Church.
The rank or office of a cardinal.
The rank or office of a bishop.

adj.
Of the color purple.
Royal or imperial; regal.
Elaborate and ornate: purple prose.

tr. & intr.v. pur·pled, pur·pling, pur·ples
To make or become purple.

WTF?!?!

Hedgehogey
4/05/2004 10:17pm,
Watch kickboxing/muay thai to see BIG DIFFERENCE.

Will personally take on your whole fucking point sparring school, one after another.

Not fucking kidding.