PDA

View Full Version : Finally, proof that downward elbows can stop a takedown

Pages : [1] 2

v1y
11/16/2011 11:27pm,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlemVLX7tw

1:20 into the video.

I mean it's pretty clear, but for the downward elbows, he would have been taken down.

Holy Moment
11/17/2011 12:00am,
Wait, that didn't kill him? But... But teh deadly! TEH DEADDDDLLLLYYYYYYY!!!

Here's another example I like. It's made all the more better by the guy going for the takedown not being a good grappler in the slightest. Watch from the 9:00 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx7I2rQTljQ

v1y
11/17/2011 3:23pm,
I thought the video was hilarious...

The guy "defends" the takedown using downward elbows, then as he gets picked up, the referee separates them since he used downward elbows -- thus resulting in no takedown.

TheMightyMcClaw
11/17/2011 8:17pm,
Ha, it's good.

TaeBo_Master
11/18/2011 3:41am,
You fools. Don't you know that from the elbow strikes on key meridian points, the grappler will develop pancreatic cancer eventually after the fight? It's only a matter of time, 20-30 years tops until he dies from the wounds inflicted in that fight. Cancer always wins.

M-Tri
11/18/2011 10:46pm,
I thought the video was hilarious...

The guy "defends" the takedown using downward elbows, then as he gets picked up, the referee separates them since he used downward elbows -- thus resulting in no takedown.

http://yeithuk.notlong.com/

thanks for explaining!

Sorekara
11/19/2011 1:08am,
You fools. Don't you know that from the elbow strikes on key meridian points, the grappler will develop pancreatic cancer eventually after the fight? It's only a matter of time, 20-30 years tops until he dies from the wounds inflicted in that fight. Cancer always wins.

Hmmmm, I was going to be polite and just remind you that you stole this from Men Who Stare at Goats then I thought no I will just say **** you then I had some other thoughts but I decided the best way to tell you that I don't appreciate you stealing a joke from a movie is to reply with a paragraph with no punctuation or structure not that you'd understand or appreciate the humor in such an endeavor try to do better next time

karma2343
11/19/2011 3:13am,
Sorekara must get invited to all the coolest parties.

M-Tri
11/19/2011 11:51am,
Hmmmm, I was going to be polite and just remind you that you stole this from Men Who Stare at Goats then I thought no I will just say **** you then I had some other thoughts but I decided the best way to tell you that I don't appreciate you stealing a joke from a movie is to reply with a paragraph with no punctuation or structure not that you'd understand or appreciate the humor in such an endeavor try to do better next time

There's nothing wrong with stealing a joke from a movie nobody saw... otherwise it just goes to waste. In fact you two should be enjoying a bonding moment right now being in the same 0.0059% of people on the internet who saw that movie.

ermghoti
11/19/2011 12:09pm,
There's nothing wrong with stealing a joke from a movie nobody saw... otherwise it just goes to waste. In fact you two should be enjoying a bonding moment right now being in the same 0.0059% of people on the internet who saw that movie.

One was there to see Clooney, one to see the goats.

Sorekara
11/19/2011 5:09pm,
One was there to see Clooney, one to see the goats.

In my defense, I never payed to watch it.

Cobbs001
11/19/2011 5:29pm,
I have hear stories of people coming straight down thier opponent's neck and possibly paralyzing them.

ermghoti
11/20/2011 8:23am,
I have hear stories of people coming straight down thier opponent's neck and possibly paralyzing them.

Bukkake, no can defebulugluglugluglug.

crappler
11/20/2011 9:21pm,
IF you guys ever saw fightquest, the giant kajukenbo guy trashed the MMA fighter with such an elbow. It looked pretty painful and effective.

Now please return to blowing BJJ.

Cobbs001
11/21/2011 4:00pm,
IF you guys ever saw fightquest, the giant kajukenbo guy trashed the MMA fighter with such an elbow. It looked pretty painful and effective.

I remember that episode I think his back spasmed.

Permalost
11/21/2011 7:35pm,

Ah, so the secret to the downward elbow is being a giant.