PDA

View Full Version : Ever met an annoying target focus training know it all?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Andrew WA
11/11/2011 6:24pm,
I took target focus training in college as a PE course and the teacher had paid a lot of money to get a ceritifcate to teach TFT to people and used it to teach for PE. His main job was teaching linguistics and he also had a black belt in tang soo do.

Anyway the training was stupid and he talked super confident like any martial art would not work and you can learn how to fight in this class and defend your life and everything else is just a sport and wont work in self defense. Even MMA.

Now recently I got this guy trolling TFT videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL5yf8QRsNk&lc=n31IJBedyRIzAJrD8wju3TKSC8hBGtNbcuX2iaz0oB8&feature=inbox

read the comments. He sent me a message saying he can beat anyone and wants me to go to arizona to fight him. But I wont. But I told him to post here about it. If he does it will be funny.

Has anyone else ran into these know it alls who act super serious and tell you crime statistics over and over and tell you jujitsu or karate would never work? Its very annoying. I had to keep my mouth shut just so I could get an A in PE and move on. And all the girls in class were overly confident and had a false sense of security.

omoplatypus
11/11/2011 7:16pm,
welcome to the world of "RBSD", it's actually an alternative spelling of "****".

EDIT: the blonde is on the right track. more people should listen to her. she's also pretty easy on the eyes.

judojeff
11/11/2011 7:23pm,
Nothing like compliant two person kata to teach you THE DEADLY.

Seriously though what happens when some one who has taken one of these thousand dollar weekend warrior classes actually tries to fight with someone? There is no way they are training regularly enough or in any sort of alive manner (remember there techniques are to deadly) and one weekend of training will in no way prepare you for a fight no matter what the style. He is filling these peoples heads with the idea that they will be able to dominate an attacker when they will probably end up getting them selves injured.

Permalost
11/11/2011 7:35pm,
I have met douches of that particular style. It's especially annoying when instructors rent out MMA schools with cages etc for that crap, before explaining that MMA doesn't work and only some weak weekend seminar will save them on the street.

Learning how to follow up after an opponent is doubled over and holding his groin misses the point that getting someone clutching their body in pain is the hard part. Following up against an unresisting opponent is the easy part. This is the problem with the suspiciously similar art of KFSS.

They seem big on dropping the shin across the neck of someone lying on their stomach or on their back. Well, if someone's flat on their stomach or back and you're standing, they're probably not fighting you. People will intuitively turtle, shrimp, get up, drag you down, aim their feet towards you, kick, grab your legs etc.

Kouch
11/11/2011 8:11pm,
HOLY ****! 1000 bucks for one weekend of shitty training?! robbery.

Andrew WA
11/11/2011 8:13pm,
Nothing like compliant two person kata to teach you THE DEADLY.

Seriously though what happens when some one who has taken one of these thousand dollar weekend warrior classes actually tries to fight with someone? There is no way they are training regularly enough or in any sort of alive manner (remember there techniques are to deadly) and one weekend of training will in no way prepare you for a fight no matter what the style. He is filling these peoples heads with the idea that they will be able to dominate an attacker when they will probably end up getting them selves injured.

When i took the class which lasted an entire semester, the teacher was out of shape and at least 60 years old. He talked super serious (probably learned to talk that way from Tim Larkin) and he got mad when I tried to block. I was taught not to use any blocks, just step a certain direction then use a wrist/forarm strike and walk through a person. Like step into a person and somehow it makes the person fly away really far. Same with punching. And then all of a suddan that automatically kills the person. That is seriously what iwas being taught.

Also, LEG DYNAMICS! Hilarious steps you just walk arund and step in ways. I remember one stance is a cat stance. You ALWAYS keep your arms down.

Bullshido guys talk crap about Taekwondo guys never keeping their hands up, well Taekwondo has NOTHING on TFT for keeping your hands ALWAYS down. Never raising them ever.

Andrew WA
11/11/2011 8:16pm,
I have met douches of that particular style. It's especially annoying when instructors rent out MMA schools with cages etc for that crap, before explaining that MMA doesn't work and only some weak weekend seminar will save them on the street.

Learning how to follow up after an opponent is doubled over and holding his groin misses the point that getting someone clutching their body in pain is the hard part. Following up against an unresisting opponent is the easy part. This is the problem with the suspiciously similar art of KFSS.

They seem big on dropping the shin across the neck of someone lying on their stomach or on their back. Well, if someone's flat on their stomach or back and you're standing, they're probably not fighting you. People will intuitively turtle, shrimp, get up, drag you down, aim their feet towards you, kick, grab your legs etc.

Exactly. Every drill was in super sloooow motion. When I went fast he got mad. We also had rediculous knife defense as well as gun defense. Never ever ever were we allowed to grab the gun or block the hand with the knife. There was never wrist control. He would get mad if I did that and call it movie stuff. He said only step to the side and strike with the arm (like a straight arm swing not even as cool as a ridge hand strike). Also when I showed some of the other students that if they step to the side I can just turn my wrist and shoot you anyway they didnt really care and kept believing TFT was serious business.

Andrew WA
11/11/2011 8:17pm,
HOLY ****! 1000 bucks for one weekend of shitty training?! robbery.

Yes my teacher actually told me his seminar cost over 1,000 bucks. And he was given a certificate that let him teach TFT. I am not sure if he was given the blessing to start a TFT school, but the University thought his certificate was good enough for him to teach PE, when he is really a linguistics teacher.

omoplatypus
11/11/2011 8:44pm,
my lips to the gods' ears, i really hope that this guy comes around to defend his bullshittery.

Andrew WA
11/11/2011 9:30pm,
my lips to the gods' ears, i really hope that this guy comes around to defend his bullshittery.

I dont think he will though. He sent me a message on youtube about me being just a white guy etc, and he called me puto. I am guessing he is an arizonian who is ethnically mexican or something. Anyway he said I need to come to Arizona and fight him but I ignored him. I doubt he will take my advice and post here. He might though. He said he has had more fights than anderson silva and and he has favorite UFC fighters though he does not hold them in high regard. haha.

Andrew WA
11/12/2011 4:43pm,
All I know is I am an expert in tyarget focus training after spending an ENTIRE college semester taking 2 classes a week for 50 mins each and I know how to "get the injury" and my leg dynamics are skillful. I am ready to defeat asocial violence, but not social violence or anti-social violence, because those are not important or even healthy to participate in. Did you know an old granny kicked a carjacker in the groin using a TFT kicking technique and killed him? Did you know that tons of rapists run around the streets every day and rape people? Did you know there are muggers and thrill killers all over the city waiting in the shadows to kill you? Did you know Tim Larkin freaking taught NAVY SEALS?!?!!?! and has buff biceps? Seriously, im prepared.

JudoA
11/12/2011 6:06pm,
That Pete Goode looks like Vermont Evans in that ultimate ass kicking video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGkIfcyyNFQ

gregaquaman
11/12/2011 9:24pm,
In the origional video at 01:07
Was that the batman double hand clasp knockout?

Do you learn the one where you swing Robin around kicking people as well?

Andrew WA
11/12/2011 9:32pm,
In the origional video at 01:07
Was that the batman double hand clasp knockout?

Do you learn the one where you swing Robin around kicking people as well?

Yes that was. Apparently that is an advanced move which I never learned. But I did learn that I can crush someones throat by swinging my arm in slow motion towards someones neck.

gregaquaman
11/12/2011 10:22pm,
Yes that was. Apparently that is an advanced move which I never learned. But I did learn that I can crush someones throat by swinging my arm in slow motion towards someones neck.

Well that is your $1000 worth right there.

Andrew WA
11/13/2011 12:07am,
Well that is your $1000 worth right there.

ya except I didnt pay that much for the class it was part of PE credits, but the teacher sure did.