PDA

View Full Version : macho men martial dance

Pages : [1] 2

kropotkin
11/21/2002 2:10am,
since joining this site ive done a little of what i hoped to. that is Heard some ideas about fighting strategy and realities and learned some historical info on different arts. There is some interesting stuff in the forum, but not much on training techniqes themselves.

unfortunately though, most of what i see is a boy-zone of macho and insecure people who actually want to get in fights, or pretend they do, and argue over homophobic, sexist and macho remarks. all ive ever trained in is boxing and bjj and never heard as much **** talking homphobia and chest puffing in those thoses gyms as on this site.

but the whole point of martial arts, (in a day and age of bombs and guns)is for a weaker person to overcome a stronger, more agresive atacker through technique, and improving your life through training that.
thats not a macho pursuit, but an honorable one.
so i advise you real men out there to go get a gun , a bat and a wife to beat-or maybe a career as a bouncer for Limp bizkit- if you think needless violence and proving your masculinity will actually make you happy in life and help others in this world. you might think MA is for you,but its not. so leave or challenge yourselves with a new approach. maybe you think im a fucking boy scout, but if i'm wrong- tell me why.
are there any women or queers on the site? i'm curious as to what you guys think about this.

PeedeeShaolin
11/21/2002 2:38am,
Or an echo....

Dochter
11/21/2002 3:11am,
I agree a lot with what Kropotkin is saying here. Specifically most threads turn into pissing contests. The degree of homophobia is also pretty amusing.
I also agree that people shouldn't be out looking for fights, however, often fights come looking for you.
and more importantly:

Some people just need a beat down.

(sorry, been having fun with the sizing and colors lately)

One does have to wonder about the hyperallergic reaction to accusations of homosexuality that some people show though. Who gives a **** anyway. It like the saying someone had about winning a fight on the internet is like winning a race at the special olympics. Its nice but your still retarted (of course that joke's a lot more offensive than calling someone a Romo).
Anyway blahblahblah

Edited by - Dochter on November 21 2002 02:14:24

I Give BJJs
11/21/2002 4:54am,
kropotkin cries worse than a TKD guy after breaking their foot on someone's shin...

I Give BJJs
11/21/2002 5:09am,
I guess if you think BJJ stands for blowjob, you either can't spell or are just incredibly stupid.

Maybe your inference is some kind of Freudian slip?

Or perhaps that fag avatar I picked fooled you.

Either way, TKD still sux the brown eye

Dorje
11/21/2002 12:19pm,
he he he,

well im also surprised at times at the low level of discussion. but then again, thats life.

and as a response to the accusations of homofobia (i guess im inclueded as i posted in the romo-jokes thread) id like to add that i do have a some friends who are gay (and quite obviously so) and that has never botherd me, they are some of the nicest and most reliable friends i have. and the kind of gayjokes they would tell you are infinitely more crude.

and on a sidenote, one of the romos i know, is a kickass fighter (pherhaps he find it useful at times).

Edited by - dorje on November 21 2002 11:22:45

Gezere
11/21/2002 1:00pm,
Personally I don't feel bad about romo jokes. Why because most pple for get the gay men are still MEN!!! Which is funny because the majority of the gay guys I know can out fight, out drink, and out dance a good portion of the straight guys I know.

Gay doesn't always = weak flamboyant sissy boy.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

Dochter
11/21/2002 4:17pm,
Asia = weak flamboyant sissy boy.

Gezere
11/21/2002 6:10pm,
Dochter= Asia's bitch

:)

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

Dochter
11/21/2002 6:35pm,
Asia: you wear one of those tiger strip gi's that century sells don't you? Grrrr.

Ah....so dashing.

I Give BJJs
11/21/2002 10:43pm,
30-70%, you're right, it is a weak pun, I was just fukking with you

and the gay avatar RULES!!!!!!!!

kropotkin
11/21/2002 10:57pm,
wow,
thanks for the one or two real responses and the couple that were just jokes. and yes i admit theyre is an amusement factor to watching the chestbeating threads,sometimes funny as hell!

as for the rest-all the insightful responses, what a show of sparkling intelligence. amazing. "gay guys are still men". wow-genius!well actually some arent(though are still males), and do you realize that's just replacing one kind of dumb sterotyping(homphobia) with another(boy's club). why is it important that they are still men? whats wrong with girls?

i also like the classic ...i have friends who are-fill in the blank-so i must not be a moron/bigot/supremacist/whatever." and of course yer friends arent offended by ignorance cause theyrre the good passive, behaved kind- not them uppity kind. "what? your black?, why i didnt even notice! thats because i'm so colorblind and tolerant".(as if that were something to tolerate and its you who gets to judge or not).

also- i dont do tkd. its funny that you used that as some sorta sissy comment, since tkd is a pretty macho and military style,even if most tkd people cant really fight at all.

and my major point and major news flash being-
it has little to do with "offending" anyone!(who cares about being offended?) and everything about where youre coming from, who you get off on thinking youre better than, and the effect of it all.

i guess the reasons no girls or queers responded is cause theyre all busy training their asses off to beat down all the tough macho men on the site who are only trainig their fingers on the keyboard.
but anyway, there's nothing i can really say to change the minds of anyone, you gotta live your own life and its the haters who lose out by buying into all these stupid roles that you play to a tee like slaves...a sincere good luck to you all

gotta go train...

kropotkin
11/22/2002 6:50am,
hey,
an intelligent real world response. thanks!
definitely cultere clash happens. peoples gender idntities get challenged when they see someone acting differnt than they learned to act.
i dont agree that nobody likes feminine men. ****, so many intense guys from mozart to mike tyson to caesar have effimenite features. alot of negative qualities like wimpiness get ascribed to females and so if you mean those qualities than you say feminine features then sure, but thatts bull-women do most of the worlds work and have a higher threshold for pain etc..

you also gotta realize alot of queer males dont even identify exactly as men, just as males. anyway-i just dont think martial arts is about ball hanging, though youre right mma definitey is. there are women who can kick both our asses(unless you are 6'10 400 lbs of muscle then i take it back) and have the control taught them by martial arts not to.thats more what i think m.a .is about.

yeah i dont really know what romophobic means though but i have 6 foot5 300 pound texan friend named romo whos not queer but does worship the big boys(legenday 80's texas punk band with very large/violent lead singer).i ve got to tell him about this romo thing..

Gezere
11/22/2002 8:36am,
>Asia: you wear one of those tiger strip gi's that century sells don't you? Grrrr.

They match the sissy boy tiger striped underwear!!!

Look don't hate me for my fashion sense. Hate me because I'm beautiful!!!

>an intelligent real world response. thanks!

That's not allowed!!!

SLJ
11/22/2002 12:06pm,
Gay does not always = feminine

>i just dont think martial arts is about ball hanging, though youre right mma definitey is. there are women who can kick both our asses(unless you are 6'10 400 lbs of muscle then i take it back) and have the control taught them by martial arts not to.thats more what i think m.a .is about.

What do these women practise ?

Are they MMA fighters ?

Or are they farting about in some town hall with high kicks and kiais ? This what the majority of women in MAs do.

"Blood sugar suckerfish is my dish.
How many pieces do you wish ?"

Gezere
11/22/2002 4:12pm,
(Hmm should I order a PINK Gi? PINK is a really TOUGH color to wear!)