PDA

View Full Version : grabbing wrists when perosn turned around

KillerInstinct
3/31/2004 3:49am,
if the person is turned around and in front of you and you grab his wrists and push them upwards does it work?

bunyip
3/31/2004 4:39am,
Or get on your hands and knees behind him while your buddy in front pushes him.

stoogejitsu
3/31/2004 4:41am,
Or choke him, suplex, rear trip, etc, etc.

KillerInstinct
3/31/2004 5:21am,
say if you wanna restrain them not necessarly slam them (or your not strong enough or got enough experience to suplex).

KillerInstinct
3/31/2004 5:22am,
How would you be able to pull the guy backwards and down so his face lies upward say you have the suprise advantage of getting behind him?

Kiozz
3/31/2004 5:26am,
Can't you just RNC him?

NHB_Ben
3/31/2004 6:49am,
I'd go for the grip at the waist and lift slightly. Then I would do a common foot sweep and drop him on his face, side or back depending on what your goals are.

Hannibal
3/31/2004 7:36am,
Its all good.

Bang!
3/31/2004 10:26am,
Failing to do something quick and simple negates the advantage of being behind the person. There were a few good options mentioned here, and I would definitely choose them over even touching the other guy's wrists.

by-the-throat
3/31/2004 4:29pm,
A hammerlock (which is what i think you're describing) works on about 50 percent of the population. It's okay for restraint but you're not gonna get him to give up that way.

Te No Kage!
3/31/2004 4:35pm,
wrist-grabbing might not be a great idea, especially if you're doing it against an aikidoka or somebody who knows a lot about standing wrist locks. You'd be better off getting them off-balance falling backward by kicking behind the knee, putting a knee into the back, RNC, one armed choke while grabbing the other arm pulling them down, etc. Even grabbing the back of the collar or grabbing both shoulders and yanking down might be the best

KillerInstinct
3/31/2004 5:21pm,
would grabbing under the right shoulder nad over the left side of kneck and locking arms together and pulling them down work? Or would they be able to resist and keep themselves from going down?

Te No Kage!
3/31/2004 5:26pm,
Originally posted by KillerInstinct
would grabbing under the right shoulder nad over the left side of kneck and locking arms together and pulling them down work? Or would they be able to resist and keep themselves from going down?

maybe if you're bigger than the person you're grabbing, try several out on training partners, Os is right, nothing to it but to do it

Peter H.
3/31/2004 5:31pm,
Spin, drop and at the same time apply pressure towards the top of the shoulder with your arm, that's a chickenwing takedown. Once you hit the ground, lean your weight forward towards the top of his shoulder, and use your head/neck to keep his arm in the lock. Squeezing and leaning will cause a good deal of pain and hold most people down. The problem comes if they can slip their arm loose. It's harder to slide loose if the locked arm is bent, palm facing towards their head.