PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao - Marquez on Nov. 12th

Pages : [1] 2

OZZ
11/05/2011 12:24am,
The boxing world is doing its best to try and generate some excitement around this fight.
Most fans don't give really Marquez much of a chance and I include myself in that group. Nonetheless, the fact that Marquez managed to draw Manny and hold him to a split-decision victory does make this bout more than a little intriguing.
If there was a chance Manny would not be at his best ( an outside distraction or injury ) then maybe there would be room for an upset.
But Manny always seems to be at his best.

http://www.tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=378921

I'm interested enough to go out to the bar for this one.
Thoughts ?

OZZ
11/08/2011 2:45pm,
Don't everyone post at once..
Jeez..does a free UFC card on the same date distract people that much from a good boxing match ?
Dickhead Dana White strikes again. I probably won't even find a bar that's broadcasting the boxing because everyone wants to see the boring HW MMA matchup instead.

Eddie Hardon
11/08/2011 4:38pm,
Manny - of course.

I shall likely be doing a Revisions course on Sunday but that apart, I shall be checking Virgin here in Olde London Town in case it's on cable - other than effing Sky.

I shall also be trying to watch the Remembrance Sunday service from Whitehall, which will likely on the BBC. Personally, I like watching the March Past the Cenotaph.

It could be a busy day on Sunday.

Tranquil Suit
11/10/2011 5:33am,
Bets are up (for afew days now).

Also, I wonder if Marquez will come to win or just to survive.

Devil
11/10/2011 8:58am,
Snooze. The only fight in boxing anyone wants to see is Pacquiao and Mayweather. Until that happens (probably when they're both old and irrelevant) any other matchup for Pacquiao or Mayweather gets filed in the Fail column.

ADM
11/11/2011 4:08pm,
Snooze. The only fight in boxing anyone wants to see is Pacquiao and Mayweather. Until that happens (probably when they're both old and irrelevant) any other matchup for Pacquiao or Mayweather gets filed in the Fail column.

Pretty much this, so in answer to OPs second post, yes I'd rather watch a 'boring' MMA HW match up, especially when those 2 boring fighters are JDS and Cain.

Don't get me wrong though, I looooooove Pacman, but this match up makes me yawn more than get excited about :\

blackdove
11/11/2011 7:11pm,
I think it'll be Pacquiao again. It seems the guy overprepares for his fights regardless of the opponent. Marquez has suddenly become bigger, and in boxing, that may slow him a bit. Manny is just super fast and as he gradually went up in weight classes, his quickness didn't suffer.

OZZ
11/12/2011 9:50pm,
Anyone having any luck with Streaming ???

alex
11/13/2011 6:27am,
what a fucking joke.

Tranquil Suit
11/13/2011 8:59am,
I... liked it. It was alright.

OZZ
11/13/2011 12:24pm,
Another narrow decision for Manny ..
http://www.tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=380335
I couldn't get the fight on the computer anywhere, so I''l have to watch the re broadcast on TSN.
I'll reserve judgment until then.

alex
11/13/2011 2:54pm,
I... liked it. It was alright.

im talking about the decision, not the fight. I love how Manny took credit for the win despite his corner telling him he was losing and needed a KO to win, but the icing on the cake was Arum squeezing his greasy self into the frame at the end to talk about how much money a 4th bout would make. lol. **** off you **** merchant.

Eddie Hardon
11/13/2011 3:10pm,
I saw the repeat (without knowledge of the result) and...and...although I had one eye on the clock so I could dash to Rail Station, I thought Marquez won the fight. Marquez is the one fighter Manny can't easily cope with. Manny did a clever thing in R4 when he moved to his Right and sent a Straight Left into the face of Marquez. He didn't do for the rest of the fight, though which was puzzling.

Conversely, Marquez frequently moved to his own Left to avoid Manny's Left. He was also sufficiently quick enough to counter/riposte any strike that Manny made.

Body language told a point. Juan raised his Hand in Victory, PacMan, didn't. The UK cable PRIMETIME, had Steve Collins (ex-WBO SuperMiddle Champ) and Steve Bunce (knowledgeable and respected boxing journo here in London). Both also thought Marquez had won. Let's say that they had strong feelings against the Judges' decision.

Manny has been tainted by that decision. It's not a surprise that Marquez immediately vacated the ring and arena. Quite right too.

alex
11/13/2011 3:16pm,
Steve Collins (ex-WBO SuperMiddle Champ) and Steve Bunce (knowledgeable and respected boxing journo here in London). Both also thought Marquez had won. Let's say that they had strong feelings against the Judges' decision.

i was amazed they managed not to unleash a tirade of abuse. i was expecting at least a couple of "fuckers!" to slip out there.

i couldnt figure out what manny was doing. he spent most of the fight moving to his left. southpaw 101 is dont move to your left except to occasionally throw a different angle... DEFINITELY dont move to your left the whole fight so that your opponent hits you in the face with his right hand like a fucking piston. the judges scores were all wildly different as well which shows their incompetence.

one of the poms had a good point in that the judges were possibly suffering from being one eyed and only watching manny cos hes so famous, while not actually watching what the other guy was doing. all they saw was manny hitting someone else. that or the dancing elephants from the drugs they had been slipped.

OZZ
11/13/2011 8:25pm,
I don't understand why more people were not interested in this fight. I'm definitely interested in watching it now..
Sitting around sulking because Mayweather and Manny aren't getting it on and saying " Oh, let's not bother watching this fight..the only fight that matters is Pacquiao - PBF " is stupid. You're just denying yourself the chance to watch some good Boxing.
**** Mayweather !!

alex
11/13/2011 8:28pm,
well... really, that is the only boxing match anyone gives a **** about. part of me thinks the boxing overlords dont want it to happen because once it does... what else is there for anyone to care about?