PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts Hall of Fame

aristotelian
10/26/2011 5:54pm,
How do a verify a claim by someone that he was inducted in the Martial Arts Hall of Fame? I went to the web site but it is cumbersom and the records only go back to 2000.

Permalost
10/26/2011 5:58pm,
I don't know that there's a single credible martial arts hall of fame (at least one called the Martial Arts Hall of Fame). If you look over the investigations, you'll see lots of guys with hall of fame accomplishments from those pay-to-play sokeship orgs with no quality control and no real legitimacy.

realjanuary
10/26/2011 6:01pm,
Contact the Hall of Fame in question.
However be warned that Hall of Fame membership is not a reliable indicator of quality, membership is typically bought. It's a scheme for making money, messaging egos, and impressing naive potential students.

edit: ninja'd by Permalost

Rock Ape
10/26/2011 6:04pm,
Moved from the Japanese TMA forum.

The Juggernoob
10/26/2011 6:06pm,
How do a verify a claim by someone that he was inducted in the Martial Arts Hall of Fame? I went to the web site but it is cumbersom and the records only go back to 2000.

Link us brah, who are we discussing here?

UnwrittenXx
10/26/2011 10:24pm,
Link us brah, who are we discussing here?

What he said, haha.

Holy Moment
10/26/2011 10:48pm,
There's a bajillion Halls of Fame out there. Many of them are just excuses for bullshit artists to come together and circle jerk at the award's ceremony:

http://ashidakim.com/pics/HoF-13.jpg

The only Hall of Fame I can think of that has any degree of substance is the Black Belt magazine HOF, but I wouldn't even give that much credibility:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Lp7TQDVMI

Permalost
10/26/2011 11:44pm,
Man, I just can't stop replaying his beatdown of Ken Shamrock.

Holy Moment
10/27/2011 1:40pm,
Man, I just can't stop replaying his beatdown of Ken Shamrock.

You mean the one that was from a worked professional wrestling match? The reason I posted that video to illustrate my point about Hall of Fames is that Bart Vale was a fraud who passed off his wrestling matches in Japan as real.

Permalost
10/27/2011 2:19pm,
You mean the one that was from a worked professional wrestling match? The reason I posted that video to illustrate my point about Hall of Fames is that Bart Vale was a fraud who passed off his wrestling matches in Japan as real.
You mean the pics of two-footed missile drop kicks landing on opponents aren't from real fights? Shenanigans!