PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson

Pages : [1] 2 3

Super8astard
10/13/2011 2:34am,
B-Hop could go back to his old trick of fighting a #12 contender in a mandatory title defense and I would still be excited to watch it. I'm kinda surprised at how many people are picking him to lose. Unless he's finally turned into an old man, I don't see Chad doing much more than getting tooled.

Which brings up the question, how much fight does Bernard have left in him? Could he be a 50 y/o champion?

SCInferno
10/14/2011 2:17am,
I'm not sure but I don't think he should be an underdog considering the way he tooled the last guy he fought.

Super8astard
10/14/2011 11:48am,
I'm assuming it has to do with his success against Tarver a few years back, and takes no consideration into the beating he took from Pascal recently, who Hopkins just embarressed.

OZZ
10/15/2011 12:38am,
Hopkins managers choose his fights very wisely.
He will win.

Tranquil Suit
10/15/2011 6:24am,
I honestly wouldn't dare placing odds on this one.

Eddie Hardon
10/15/2011 1:27pm,
By chance there was a youtube link on Facebook to watch the Cleverly v Bellew punch up from 7:30PM today and the offer of Hopkins v Dawson.

Anyway, I signed up to it- cos it's free - although it's clear that this will need to PPV in the near future.

The B-Hop v Chad fight will likely be a few hours from now in the middle of the effing night here in the UK. I'll see if I can find the link and post.

Eddie Hardon
10/15/2011 6:21pm,
OK, I've just watched Nathan Cleverly v Tony Bellew - it was effing great.

The good news is that it was Free. Bernard Hopkins v Chad Dawson will also be shown for Free so here's the place to go www.boxnation.tv/ which I think I accessed via Facebook. There are now showing a back catalogue in the build up to B-Hop v Chad but it's at 2AM hre in UK so I'm going to bed.

'Night all.

Tranquil Suit
10/16/2011 7:42am,
I honestly wouldn't dare placing odds on this one.
Glad I didn't, that was a disgrace.

I guess this proves: MMA > Boxing

OZZ
10/16/2011 12:27pm,
What a fucking disgrace ! Its been a while since I've seen such an incompetent ruling - it screams of corruption.
Dawson said he ' feels like a champion ' ???? He should feel like a pug and a cheat.
This decision needs to be overturned and once Hopkins has had time for this shoulder to heal - they need to finish the fight.
Hopkins camp is furious and I don't blame them.

Eddie Hardon
10/16/2011 4:03pm,
Just seen it on FB - there's a pro-Boxing link. Well I saw the attempted unshipping Throw (although Dawson just about held himself back from the throw but it was clearly in his Mind, you can tell by his Left Glove about to wrap Hopkins' leg - and then he unwrapped...)

No Contest. Re-Match please. No arguments nor time-wasting soft Defences.

Super8astard
10/16/2011 6:06pm,
I just watched it on youtube. I always thought Chad was a punk, this just confirmed it. His fierce denial of a rematch seems kinda dodgy.

What a shitty year for boxing. Blatant low blows winning fights, clueless refs, obviously bought out judges, scams... Dirty dirty dirty. These are the same people governing mma, another few years and mma will be unwatchable too. This **** has got to stop.

Eddie Hardon
10/17/2011 2:55pm,
I may be completely wrong on this but I thought the commentator asked him if he'd give Hopkins a re-match. He replied with an emphatic 'No' to that so when he was asked who he wanted next, I thought he said "Pacquiao". Nor did he seem to be joking.

The thought occurred that he should try Vitali or Vlad but of course, they'd be too big - haha.

My ears and my good self could have misheard so I could be very wrong...

Super8astard
10/17/2011 2:59pm,
He said Pascal, the guy who beat him and got tooled by B-Hop.

Eddie Hardon
10/17/2011 3:06pm,
Thank you. I'll try extra hard to clean out my ears in the next Shower.

Cheers..

Super8astard
10/17/2011 3:37pm,
It wasn't your fault, he really talks like that. He'll probably end up with a slur that rivals James Toney when he's drunk.

atomicpoet
10/17/2011 4:43pm,
What a fucking disgrace ! Its been a while since I've seen such an incompetent ruling - it screams of corruption.

Agbeko-Mares was a million times worse, and almost made me quit watching boxing altogether. Then the IBF mandated a rematch, and I saw there is some justice in boxing.

What a shitty year for boxing. Blatant low blows winning fights, clueless refs, obviously bought out judges, scams... Dirty dirty dirty. These are the same people governing mma, another few years and mma will be unwatchable too. This **** has got to stop.

I notice a weird pattern in big boxing events. Main events always end in controversy, while the undercards end up being legendary. Even if Hopkins-Dawson went to 12 rounds, it would have never been as good as DeMarco-Linares -- which was on the undercard.

Same thing happened to Mayweather-Ortiz. Morales-Cano was on the undercard and was amazing. Arce-Vasquez was on the undercard of Pacquiao-Mosley, and was the better fight.

Here's how I think American boxing can be fixed:

Stop promoting the undercards as undercards
Start promoting them as double or triple header main events
Let casual fans know that there's more than one potential spectacular fight on the menu

Problem solved. Instead of people turning on the TV for one big superfight, have them tune in for two or three -- and let it be known that anything can happen. Sometimes you'll see art, sometimes fireworks, sometimes controversy.