PDA

View Full Version : Judo PSA

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Hedgehogey
10/11/2011 1:05pm,
Dear crapplers, theory-grapplers, armchair MMA fighters, sherdog commenters, fanboys, etc.:

Does everyone who isn't a Proper Judo size queen and/or nerdy weeaboo hate the new leg grab rules?

Yes.

Do they suck the big one?

Yes.

Does this mean you can bag on judo the same way you'd bag on TKD, WC, or aikido?

No.

Are they at all similar?

No.

You may now resume your buying of a 150$ gi/sprawl shorts/pro grade MMA gloves for your six month anniversary of training.

Tom .C
10/11/2011 1:15pm,
Is that an anarchist rule about no bagging on judo?

judoka_uk
10/11/2011 1:16pm,
If you bag on Judo you're a fascist, if you tell people what they can and can't do in Judo you're a fascist.

Sent from my Reichstag.

Tom .C
10/11/2011 1:18pm,
If you bag on Judo you're a fascist, if you tell people what they can and can't do in Judo you're a fascist.

Sent from my Reichstag.

I'm pretty sure that the refs are too.

judoka_uk
10/11/2011 1:21pm,
I'm pretty sure that the refs are too.
There is actually a regular ref on the BJA circuit who sports a rather fetching tooth brush moustache, not even kidding.

Hedgehogey
10/11/2011 1:45pm,
There's one around here who looks almost exactly like Reagan.

MAGIC HATE BALL
10/11/2011 1:58pm,

Sent from my Reichstag.

Well, is teabaging allowed in Judo then? Cuz your sucking all the fun out of this.

BKR
10/11/2011 2:02pm,
There's one around here who looks almost exactly like Reagan.

You mean the one you got thrown onto ?

Hedgehogey
10/11/2011 3:12pm,
No, this guy looks like R-dubbs when he was president. Which is ironic, considering that most judo here is taught through publicly funded rec centers. We put the Welfare in Mutual Welfare and Benefit.

BKR
10/11/2011 5:28pm,
No, this guy looks like R-dubbs when he was president. Which is ironic, considering that most judo here is taught through publicly funded rec centers. We put the Welfare in Mutual Welfare and Benefit.

LOL, well, I'm sure he presents quite the authority figure on the tatami, then.

Most Judo is taught not for profit or for little profit in the US at least.

Not that there is anything wrong with profit, as long as it's not on the backs of the Judo proletariat.

Lindz
10/11/2011 6:03pm,
Does this mean you can bag on judo the same way you'd bag on TKD, WC, or aikido?

No.

Well how far up it's own ass does judo have to go before we can?

Judo shiai 2171
Competitors take turns being tori and uke. Each tori takes 3 turns. Combinations they plan on using must be submitted to the center ref in secret and in advance. Failure to use submitted techniques is awarded han sokumake.
Techniques must be selected from the new shortened go kyo (12 waza total)

Uke must respond to tori with the correct recognized counter technique from the counters kyo no waza. Use of an incorrect counter results in loss of points. Use of a non recognized counter results in han soku make.

Points are awarded for technical proficiency and fighting spirit.
Wearing the gi right over left is awarded han sokumake
Improperly tied belt is awarded han sokumake
Bowing to insufficient depth is awarded han sokumake
Bowing at the wrong time is awarded han sokumake
Smiling is awarded han sokumake
Celebrating is awarded han sokumake
Showing displeasure at your failure is awarded han sokumake
Failing to adopt a fake weabo accent when using Japanese is awarded han sokumake
Showing lack of respect to any official is awarded han sokumake
Lack of respect can be but is not limited to failure to bow. failure to shout hai sensei loud enough, eye balling, ear holing, pulling faces, being belligerently unconscious when the ref tells you to get up you pansy.

Points to be determined by a 12 member jury overseen by a 3 judge tribunal with recourse to a 5 member supreme panel.

judoka_uk
10/11/2011 6:13pm,
Judo shiai 2171

Meanwhile you're still sat at home because of a gammy knee.

Lindz
10/11/2011 6:15pm,
Knee's as normal as it's likely to get. I'm shopping around.

judoka_uk
10/11/2011 6:16pm,
Knee's as normal as it's likely to get. I'm shopping around.
Sweet, so its about time you stopped complaining and started training.

Lindz
10/11/2011 6:39pm,
Is a Pom telling an Aussie to quit whinging a sign of the apocalypse? It should be

judoka_uk
10/11/2011 6:42pm,
Is a Pom telling an Aussie to quit whinging a sign of the apocalypse? It should be
We got knocked out of the WC by the Frogs, the world is already over.