PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather vs Khan

Pages : [1] 2 3

Super8astard
10/06/2011 8:54pm,
So I just heard from JR that Mayweather has agreed to fight Khan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNWpL21VmS8&feature=feedu

This dude maybe small time, but he's reliable. I wonder if this means after Peterson or instead of him. Or is it just hype...???...

Anyway you look at it, I'm so over the Pacweather drama, I would much rather see Khan fight one of them than them fight each other.

As far as being ready, there is no getting ready for Mayweather. Khan would have to go his whole career fighting any and everyone he could find and still wouldn't have enough experience. If he's going to fight him, might as well be now, while he still has his legs and speed.

Thought?

Wolf
10/06/2011 9:37pm,
I can't stand mayweather, but he's going to WRECK khan.

Flappyhead
10/07/2011 12:53am,
I can't stand mayweather, but he's going to WRECK khan.

Of course he is, otherwise he wouldn't take the fight.

Tranquil Suit
10/07/2011 7:59am,
****, Khan isn't ready yet...

Or is he?

ADM
10/07/2011 8:04pm,
Needs more Pacman

Eddie Hardon
10/08/2011 12:30pm,
Cheeelllllssssseeeeeaaaaaaa!!!!!!

It's Stamford Bridge, mate, Stamford Bridge - get it right. Pah! Colonials...

I think (UK weekly) Boxing News quoted Freddie as saying Amir would beat Floyd. Hmmm, not sure it there was a caveat.

Khan has also been quoted as saying that he'd taken on Mayweather in a year's time and that he's (Khan) growing out of the weight category so it he would be stepping up to Welterweight.

That might answer it (?).

Kambei Shimada
10/11/2011 9:05am,
Disagree, Khan is the best equipt guy to beat Mayweather.

blackmonk
10/12/2011 10:01am,
I'm a Khan fan, love his footwork. And the way he very systematically broke Judah down was awesome. It came down to impeccable timing.

I'm not a Mayweather fan, but I don't see how he could possibly lose this... And of course, as said above, he wouldn't even take this fight if he thought there was a real possibility of him losing.

Super8astard
10/12/2011 10:54am,
If it were chess boxing, I'm pretty sure Mayweather would get beat quickly.

I don't know if I'm just taking the safe road because Mayweather has beaten everyone or if Khan just isn't good enough to win this, but I think this is Floyds fight to lose. Khan has faced all of Mayweather's attributes individualy in his opponents, but never anyone who even has 2 of them together. And unfortunately for him, there really isn't anyone he can fight to prepare for the guy.

Bneterasedmynam
10/12/2011 4:53pm,
Is Mayweather ever going to fight anyone where it will turn into anything other than a melodrama?? At this point all of his fights are just feeders.

Kambei Shimada
10/14/2011 4:14am,
Khans speed, workrate and reach make him a difficult opponent for Mayweather.

Whereas the shorter Manny would have to come forward to get 'inside' in order to land shots on Mayweather Khan will be able stay away and work from further out.

The gameplan should be just to outwork mayweather and not to go looking for a knockout.
If he gets it right I think Khan could win.

Odacon
10/14/2011 9:57am,
This will derail Khan completely, he has no hope.

Kambei Shimada
10/15/2011 1:10pm,
This will derail Khan completely, he has no hope.
How you figure?

According to Roach he's already very close to Manny's level and has the potential to be better.

If Khan has 'no hope' the there's nobody out there to beat Mayweather.

Stylistically Khans done well against counter punchers whereas Manny has struggled (Marquez,Moralez etc..)

I would like to see khan have a few more fights before he takes on Mayweather but regardless I do think he's already good enough to cause an upset.

Eddie Hardon
10/15/2011 1:15pm,
I don't know if Freddie said that. I've not read it - as far as I can recall. Then again, he did write a column in Boxing News in the past fortnight but I failed to read it so I'll have a look back.

One advantage Khan has is his size. He is continuing to grow. Roach is clear that Khan will have to move up in the next 12 months. Perhaps it will be all in the timing of that move up. Mayweather will always be older and will start to decline. He has less miles on the clock but eventually Time will erode his skills.

Super8astard
10/15/2011 1:54pm,
If Khan wins, will he get credit for beating the best boxer alive, or will he have beaten old man Floyd and all the spotlight focused on Mayweather losing his skill over Khan beating it? Given Floyds mouth, I assume everyone will praise Khan for beating him at his best. But given the S&P of boxing rhetoric, it will probably be no more than Floyd is too old and the young guys are ready to take the spotlight.

Khan does have a very good chance to win, comparatively to anyone else at least... I think people will conclude Mayweather already has this fight won because that's the safe thing to predict. But Khan has two very important things working for him that I haven't seen many people mention... His success against counter punchers being one, and the other being, despite Floyd's amazing defense, he cracks when pressed in to the ropes where guys like Chop Chop have shown how easily he can be hurt there. No doubt Khan can get him in that position, and with his speed and power, can break Floyd down. I won't be surprised if he KO's Mayweather in that way.

Gabetuno
10/15/2011 2:13pm,
Boxing: Where the two best guys wait to fight until nobody fucking gives a **** anymore.