PDA

View Full Version : UK troll gets IRL temp banhammer

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Madgrenade
9/13/2011 2:05pm,
It's time to start watching out if you are a UK troll. Rip on that loner too much and you can get in real trouble.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-14894576

So stop ripping on dead peoples families. (uK only... for now!}

Res Judicata
9/13/2011 2:08pm,
We have the First Amendment in the US, thankfully.

submessenger
9/13/2011 2:17pm,
In a total case of non-irony, the guy actually looks like he might be a troll, or at least have troll DNA. How did they not see this coming?

Nefron
9/13/2011 2:18pm,
If they were better parents she would't have killed herself. Am I doing it right?

I find the whole cyberbullying thing ridiculous.

No.1_Son
9/13/2011 4:04pm,
Pretty soon ownership of testicles will be a crime.

ChenPengFi
9/13/2011 4:10pm,
If they were better parents she would't have killed herself. Am I doing it right?

I find the whole cyberbullying thing ridiculous.

And yet, here you are.

submessenger
9/13/2011 4:26pm,
And yet, here you are.
There. That's doing it right.

hungryjoe
9/13/2011 5:06pm,
In a total case of non-irony, the guy actually looks like he might be a troll, or at least have troll DNA. How did they not see this coming?

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/55346000/jpg/_55346080_jex_11788_de27-1.jpg

Chester?

Permalost
9/13/2011 5:19pm,
As a person, I think its good that there's some consequences being applied to a guy being a total asshole behind a cloak of security. However, as a poster on Bullshido.net, I'm apprehensive about this sentence: "It's time that stopping bullying at the source is placed higher on the government's agenda."

'round here, bullying is a common tool for doing away with dumbass teenage krotty assholes until they ragequit or do something bannable. A lot of nancy watchgroups would find a lot of the STFU-n00b talk to be unacceptable, and I'd hate to think that a paid government official would come put an end to me shooting down the street Mortal Kombat sweeps of some new 16 year old krotty Jesus. I'd like to think that Phrost would somehow Libertarian our way out of the anti-bullying patrol.

wetware
9/13/2011 5:58pm,
Carol Gelder, Lauren's mother, told the BBC: "It was quite frustrating because we couldn't stop it. We didn't know how to stop this person.

Wait... so the little "X" icon next to the post was a bit much for them?

battlefields
9/13/2011 6:17pm,
I think people need to be forced either here, or 4chan. They will lose their sensitivity or commit suicide, simple.

It is Fake
9/13/2011 7:02pm,
As a person, I think its good that there's some consequences being applied to a guy being a total asshole behind a cloak of security. However, as a poster on Bullshido.net, I'm apprehensive about this sentence: "It's time that stopping bullying at the source is placed higher on the government's agenda."

'round here, bullying is a common tool for doing away with dumbass teenage krotty assholes until they ragequit or do something bannable. A lot of nancy watchgroups would find a lot of the STFU-n00b talk to be unacceptable, and I'd hate to think that a paid government official would come put an end to me shooting down the street Mortal Kombat sweeps of some new 16 year old krotty Jesus. I'd like to think that Phrost would somehow Libertarian our way out of the anti-bullying patrol. You do not have to post, read, write, or sign up for an internet forum or social network. People lived their entire lives without the internet. It is 2011 if people and parents can't control their internet they need to get rid of their computer.

battlefields
9/13/2011 7:39pm,
If I could I would find these fuckers on forums and troll the **** out of them. Seriously, I would go to scrapbooking forums just to **** with them. Also to see if the power of the Commonwealth.

Nefron
9/14/2011 5:53am,
You do not have to post, read, write, or sign up for an internet forum or social network. People lived their entire lives without the internet. It is 2011 if people and parents can't control their internet they need to get rid of their computer.

Agreed. Unlike school, job or playground, on the internets you can control your environment and chose the people you want to communicate with. If you get stuffed in a locker at school you can go on MAP and pretend to be a ninja.

bobyclumsyninja
9/14/2011 9:51am,
I would hope authorities could see a difference between telling a krotty no0b to STFU and lurk more, and someone stalk-mocking the families of dead teenagers. When he took it there, he wasn't in some force-field-of-pure-int3rnets.

**** that guy. Directly trolling grieving parents? -100,000,000,000 internets.

Grey Owl
9/14/2011 10:05am,
This may be insensitive, but I bet if she could have seen him she wouldn't have been nearly so bothered about his opinions.