PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you killed someone in a tournament/cage fight?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Evergrey
7/24/2011 5:48am,
So I've been thinking a lot, since I'm currently unable to do anything but work on developing a Jabba the Hutt physique as my leg slowly slowly heals from my knee surgery.

I watched Ip Man 2 the other day, and there's a part where Evil English Boxing Bad Guy Man kills a Sifu who is like, 30 or 40 years older than he is. And of course he is all proud of this and saying he is going to kill every Kung Fu Sifu in Hong Kong who dares to challenge him.

But I was thinking, I doubt anyone would really be like that. Okay, there ARE some serious fucking sociopaths out there, but I would think that any that bad would get weeded out before becoming some sorta international champion. So gloating and going on like you are Himmler or Stalin or something is probably not what is gonna happen.

Anyway I was thinking, man, what if someday in a tournament I were to somehow accidentally kill someone? Or paralyze them from the neck down for life, like that chick in "Million Dollar Baby?" ****. I don't know how I would look at myself in the mirror. I don't know if I could bring myself to ever fight again.

What would you do? Would you give up fighting? Would you give up martial arts completely? Would you spend your life trying to make amends somehow? Would you get over it ever, or not?

Has anyone here ever really really seriously permanently injured someone in an official fight?

bobyclumsyninja
7/24/2011 7:05am,
Has anyone here ever really really seriously permanently injured someone in an official fight?
I heard a guy's pride was severely injured after an eargrynd.

I'd probably throw up, and then feel wretched. Fortunately for the rest of mankind, I have no skillz, and am more of a threat to myself than anyone, in or out of the ring.

Were I to maim/kill myself in a match, I'd expect a front page article on BS, and some postmortum mockery. Perhaps even a self-d3adly tag.

Nefron
7/24/2011 7:28am,
Damn, bobby beat me to it. I would request a tag.

Volya
7/24/2011 7:33am,
It would depend on what type of person you were i guess. If you were fighting professionally wouldn't you be aware of the risks involved and go into it accepting that that could be a possibility?

I really don't know how i would react but i hope that the scenario never arises because it is quite a terrible one. Thinking about it now i would imagine i would freak the **** out. Even a small unintentional incident can cause stress, so i guess something on that scale would be insane.

Or paralyze them from the neck down for life, like that chick in "Million Dollar Baby?"

Hahaha, well that would be flat out psychopathic cos that wasn't accidental in the movie.

Hahaha!

Gezere
7/24/2011 7:44am,
Its fighting. Serious injury or death is a very possible outcome. It is something that you don't set out to do but it can happen. I wouldn't go through the whole, "I don't know how I would look at myself in the mirror. I don't know if I could bring myself to ever fight again." I would feel bad for my opponent and his family and friends but If your are doing it in the first place you have to accept the risk same as any physical sport. Seriously if you don't think you punching, kicking, slamming, choking, locking, etc is going could seriously hurt someone you a bit of an idiot.

ermghoti
7/24/2011 8:57am,

"I break you!"

Bneterasedmynam
7/24/2011 10:23am,
I would raise both of my arms and yell "FATALITY".

Syphilis
7/24/2011 10:25am,
They would have to serve me in the afterlife.

Rzero
7/24/2011 10:38am,
Shout NECK BREAK!!

Azatdawn
7/24/2011 10:47am,
Proceed to the finals. Stay away from JCVD's girlfriend.

wetware
7/24/2011 11:09am,
Probably start a new RBSD style. You know that's gonna sell them DVDs.

tsaphah
7/24/2011 11:10am,
What would you do? Would you give up fighting? Would you give up martial arts completely? Would you spend your life trying to make amends somehow? Would you get over it ever, or not? I don't know if I would give it up completely. I think about when MMA fights first started, and the brutality of it all, with teeth flying and bones broken, befoire all the rules went into effect. Let's face it, when you go into any ring, it's your intention to win at any cost. If you go in half-ass, you may wind up on the receiving end.

I may give up the ring, but I would not give up the fight. Were it some hoodlum on the street. I'm gonna take him down and hard with no regret!

P Marsh
7/24/2011 12:02pm,
Would it be too much of a social faux pas to proclaim that he wasn't strong enough in the dark side and then shoot lightning out of my hands at his family?

I don't know if I would give it up completely. I think about when MMA fights first started, and the brutality of it all, with teeth flying and bones broken, befoire all the rules went into effect. Let's face it, when you go into any ring, it's your intention to win at any cost. If you go in half-ass, you may wind up on the receiving end.

I may give up the ring, but I would not give up the fight. Were it some hoodlum on the street. I'm gonna take him down and hard with no regret!

I approach competitive work requests and other corporate commissions with the same attitude. Its not about doing the best proposal I can showcasing my work and experience but how fast I can find the other guys and shank them in the kidneys with a rusty pair of scissors. It's totally justified because if I can't get commissions I don't get paid.

Soldiermedic
7/24/2011 12:46pm,
I remember reading the interviews from Gabriel Ruelas when he finally retired in 2003, and watching some of the videos they have of his fights both before and after the Jimmy Garcia fight. He was a completely different fighter and person. I dont think a neurotypical person could avoid being emotionally affected by something like that.

ConcreteShoeMan
7/24/2011 1:00pm,
Emile Griffith killed a man in the boxing ring after he called him a "maricon" (******). He talks about never getting over it.

http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/2008/05/30/boxer-emile-griffith-comes-out-as-gay/

ironcastknight
7/24/2011 1:52pm,
TEAR OUT THEIR HEART, EAT IT, AND GAIN THEIR STRENGTH FOR MY OWN

I honestly don't know. I'm a complete, absolute ***** when it comes to hurting other people, so I feel bad enough when I accidentally break someone's finger or tweak their back by being a dumbass.