PDA

View Full Version : Who loves/ hates the cold steel DVD seires?

kip
7/21/2011 7:54pm,
I bought the cold steel fighting machette, fighting walking stick, and warriors edge. Watched the first two and was impressed. Seems really practical. These are worth their weight in gold IMO but I wanted to check with you guys before I reccomend them to friends.

Now on to watch the warriors edge. I am concerned bc all blade fighting has taught me you will get cut just dont get killed. Cold Steel claims they teach you to knife fight without getting cut.

The Juggernoob
7/21/2011 8:39pm,
Ever heard of a boxer who never took a punch?

TheMightyMcClaw
7/21/2011 8:51pm,

Prince Naseem! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix2eIa5-BMc&feature=related)

yli
7/21/2011 10:18pm,
Prince Naseem! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix2eIa5-BMc&feature=related)

Most elusive boxer I have ever seen.

kip
7/21/2011 10:33pm,

I am sure he would have an advantage over someone who doesnt have a clue about fighting. I practice what they taught me but didnt think I could swing a live machette in a sparing match.

The Juggernoob
7/21/2011 10:39pm,
So what you're wondering is actually as to whether there is a style that could "hypothetically" prevent you from being cut. Then yes, all of them work. The best style is known as Ru 'na wayu' du 'mbfuck. I believe its indonesian.

battlefields
7/21/2011 10:46pm,
Methinks kip is nothing more than a troll. Either that or he is legit special. Like "must wear a helmet at all times" special.

Seriously, kip, stay the **** away from anything with a sharp edge. Told.

The Juggernoob
7/21/2011 10:48pm,
Methinks kip is nothing more than a troll. Either that or he is legit special. Like "must wear a helmet at all times" special.

Seriously, kip, stay the **** away from anything with a sharp edge. Told.

Kip is a Cop. This scares me, im a tea-drinker, but I fear for our stateside brothers.

Traceur
7/22/2011 2:30am,
Maybe he is a Danny Trejo fan. Hey, who isn't?

The Juggernoob
7/22/2011 2:33am,
So true Danny Trejo is universally awesome.

Chili Pepper
7/22/2011 8:28am,
Now on to watch the warriors edge. I am concerned bc all blade fighting has taught me you will get cut just dont get killed. Cold Steel claims they teach you to knife fight without getting cut.

I would be astounded and amazed to see someone elusive enough not to get cut in a knife fight. That's one half of the entire problem with knives, that one can reverse direction on a cut, or convert a cut to a stab or vice versa incredibly fast (the other half of the problem being that no wind-up or body commitment is necessary to make a stab or cut potentially lethal or life-changing).

Unless they show a method of being 10 times faster than the other guy, or how to develop the long arms of a gibbon, if you are in range to be cut, most likely you'll be cut.

Permalost
7/22/2011 11:15am,
I think the Cold Steel videos are usually pretty good. My aunt worked for Cold Steel, and she got me copies of the Warrior's Edge VHS series, Fighting with the Saber and Cutlass, and the Ron Balicki sarong DVD. Well made, good information, and Lynn bases his stuff on actual sparring (they like fencing masks and padded weapons).