PDA

View Full Version : I need Training Partners

weston1985
7/18/2011 12:25am,
Hello my name is J.R. I'm here looking for training partners for boxing,muay-thai,wrestling,MMA. So we can get better. I'm planning to start competing in Camo fights or just do a few of epic fights just to start off but willing to go all the way. I trained before at alot of different gyms so its not like I don't know what I'm doing. I just haven't got back into the sport in a while so I don't want to sign up and have to start all over again. So if there's anyone in the San Diego Ca area who's willing to training with me just message me. Thank you

Ketsueki
7/18/2011 1:26am,
Are you a member of a gym?

Syphilis
7/18/2011 5:59am,
He doesn't want to join a gym, because then he 'has to start all over again' whatever that means.

Azatdawn
7/18/2011 11:17am,
Hello. I'd recommend you to join a gym. A good instructor might recognize your abilities and try to train you accordingly and pair you with training partners of somewhat equal skill.

Also, what are epic fights? Is that a thing? Apart from fights one would call "epic" or "legen... wait for it... dary", that is.

Ketsueki
7/18/2011 11:36am,
Yeah.. Last night alcohol interfered with my reading comprehension. If you plan to compete, join a gym. I usually offer to spar with people in San Diego, but your post makes you sound like you're a moron. I have my doubts that you know the purpose & flow of a sparring session.

I see you mentioned The Arena under the "my dojo/school review" section of your profile. Do you train there? I do. If you are anywhere near as good as you seem to think you are, just keep going to as many of the classes as you can and one of the trainers will likely recommend you for the pro team.

Permalost
7/18/2011 12:44pm,
If you want to compete, you really should join a gym. In addition to learning the right skills, you'll make the right connections, and see if you're ready for competition. I've met up with some of the SoCal folks on Bullshido, and they're cool. My focus is mostly weapons now, but I'm still willing to meet up with other people for some training.

weston1985
7/18/2011 4:40pm,
I'm not the best because if I was I wouldn't be posting I need training partners. I just need a person who's willing to train with me. I'm barley getting back into the sport and I don't have enough money to pay 80 or 100 bucks a month just to train and plus you got to pay private classes to learn more things. All I want is a person that we can train each other and do events together

Omega Supreme
7/18/2011 4:58pm,
I'm not the best because if I was I wouldn't be posting I need training partners. I just need a person who's willing to train with me. I'm barley getting back into the sport and I don't have enough money to pay 80 or 100 bucks a month just to train and plus you got to pay private classes to learn more things. All I want is a person that we can train each other and do events togetherMy sympathies dude. Good luck with that. Good partners are hard to come by.

Permalost
7/18/2011 5:27pm,
I'm not the best because if I was I wouldn't be posting I need training partners. I just need a person who's willing to train with me. I'm barley getting back into the sport and I don't have enough money to pay 80 or 100 bucks a month just to train and plus you got to pay private classes to learn more things. All I want is a person that we can train each other and do events together
What's your training background? What kind of competitions do you want to do?

weston1985
7/18/2011 6:35pm,
I use to be a member of the arena mix martial arts, throwdown, Undisputed, The boxing zone, USIAA Boxing Team, Muay-thai kickboxing team in north park. Now I'm just trying to start over with someone who knows whats up with some technquies

Lindz
7/18/2011 6:47pm,
But in your OP you said you don't want to have to start over.

:confused face:

Syphilis
7/19/2011 12:26pm,
Hello my name is J.R. I'm here looking for training partners for boxing,muay-thai,wrestling,MMA. So we can get better. I'm planning to start competing in Camo fights or just do a few of epic fights just to start off but willing to go all the way ... Thank you

So you want to start of with EPIC FIGHTS? I'm wondering, where is there to go after Epic? what's even bigger?

lionknight
7/19/2011 12:41pm,
Good training partners are already training in a gym.

Ketsueki
7/19/2011 9:14pm,
Good training partners are already training in a gym.

Agreed. If you are sincere, then look around the site and put in your two cents in a few threads. We need to get your post count up a bit, so that I can PM you. Read the rules for each forum, and be mindful of what you are posting. Some areas are more restrictive than others.

In the mean time, I am curious as to why there are so many different gyms in your background. Were you having bad experiences?

Also, you can keep your hands and your footwork tight for pretty cheap. I'm not sure where you live, but in IB you can get a membership at a boxing gym (which promotes its fighters in amateur and pro matches) for $30 a month. If they do sponsor you in fights, your membership is free. I can give you contact information if you are interested.