PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Aberrationalist
7/17/2011 6:14pm,
I've been lurking these forums for a bit now. A lot of the information has been useful, especially in my process of looking for an MA that I like. My profile explains that I trained at http://www.depalmaskarate.com/ (Kenpo Karate) when I was quite young and later trained a very small bit at http://www.arizonabujinkan.org/ (BBT). I can't say that I didn't like either style but I can say that I can't afford the sort of place Depalma's is and I would like to train a bit more intensively than I was able to with the closest Bujinkan dojo. I probably need my brain picked before I'll figure out what MA I want to invest my time and money in.

Aberrationalist
7/18/2011 12:34pm,
Good call on the Parkour

Omega Supreme
7/18/2011 3:00pm,
Oh great. Another retard.

Aberrationalist
7/18/2011 10:27pm,
The frequency of fucking stupid comments on this site should be enough to develop a healthy immunity to up-and-coming shining stars of retardation. Or maybe you're not being quite so sincere in your disappointment.

Omega Supreme
7/18/2011 10:55pm,
You're are summer migration of clueless fucks. You would need 100 extra IQ points to be considered acceptably stupid. You've been a member nearly two years and in that time you haven't come to realize what to do and not to do on this forum?

Aberrationalist
7/18/2011 11:30pm,
If I haven't bothered posting anything in two years, it's because I realize that most of my questions have been answered in numerous threads. If you're responding to the introduction, I don't think there's a lot to go off of. If you are responding to the Parkour comment, I think it is a bit more practical than distance running to escape a dangerous situation that you can't handle. Aside from that it seems apparent that you have a working set of assumptions that usually apply to people with my past experience. At that, I won't beg someone I haven't had much of a conversation with to look past their working models. I'm far too stupid to take your insults to heart though.

Aberrationalist
7/19/2011 1:12am,
What exactly did you find so reprehensible about my posts, if I might ask? I think I deserve a fair amount of **** for my lack of participation and observation of the social dynamics on this forum; but, I think I make it fairly clear that I don't consider myself to be in a position to be saying a whole lot about MA in the first place. I'm not entirely surprised that the first and only response to an introduction was flat out trolling, but I am surprised that it is coming from a staff member. Looking at some of your other posts, you don't seem to consistently respond with insults to others'. And, I haven't seen any sort of consistency with noobs being responded to like this. So from what I can tell, you may be responding to something that legitimately pissed you off, are being sarcastic without realizing that your status on this site causes me to second guess responding with sarcasm, or think that I don't know my place.

I know my place in this context. It's to shut the **** up and learn. There's a lot of context to why I haven't introduced myself for two years that I am open to sharing if asked. Still, I don't think that I am going to get anywhere without introducing myself, giving some general (very) into my background, and approaching people I've never interacted with some humor and maybe returning the favor of being an ass when I've been treated to that. The burden is obviously on me to earn the respect of staff and other board members, but I don't think it is respectful to someone's dignity to not respond in kind to their attitudes.

So since I haven't any clue as to your character and there is a no bullshit policy in place, I wouldn't mind an elaboration on what social boundaries I've crossed. I can take a joke, sarcasm, whatever - but when it's the staff of the board and I can't tell if they're giving me some sort of warning about my behavior on their forum or just a bit of noob ex-ninjer kempo retard **** - I have no idea what sort of response is appropriate.

hungryjoe
7/19/2011 5:18am,
Welcome to BS.

Omega is yanking your chain.

In real life, he's more a cuddly puppy dog. Bring him home and he'll piss on your carpet.

Azatdawn
7/19/2011 9:28am,
... but... but that carpet really ties the room together!

ignatzami
7/19/2011 10:06am,
... but... but that carpet really ties the room together!

You'll do fine here. Ditch the Ninja and you'll do even better here.

Aberrationalist
7/19/2011 10:26am,
Thanks for the welcomes - definitely ditching the Ninja. Thinking of starting up at Arizona Combat Sports, but it depends on how well I can fit it into my budget. Either that, or kajukenbo (which I'll have to research a bit more). Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I still have the goal of trying to find some sort of decent all-in-one package: whether that's the typical BJJ/MT MMA combo or something else.

Omega Supreme
7/19/2011 11:23am,
What exactly did you find so reprehensible about my posts, if I might ask? I think I deserve a fair amount of **** for my lack of participation and observation of the social dynamics on this forum; but, I think I make it fairly clear that I don't consider myself to be in a position to be saying a whole lot about MA in the first place. I'm not entirely surprised that the first and only response to an introduction was flat out trolling, but I am surprised that it is coming from a staff member. Looking at some of your other posts, you don't seem to consistently respond with insults to others'. And, I haven't seen any sort of consistency with noobs being responded to like this. So from what I can tell, you may be responding to something that legitimately pissed you off, are being sarcastic without realizing that your status on this site causes me to second guess responding with sarcasm, or think that I don't know my place.

I know my place in this context. It's to shut the **** up and learn. There's a lot of context to why I haven't introduced myself for two years that I am open to sharing if asked. Still, I don't think that I am going to get anywhere without introducing myself, giving some general (very) into my background, and approaching people I've never interacted with some humor and maybe returning the favor of being an ass when I've been treated to that. The burden is obviously on me to earn the respect of staff and other board members, but I don't think it is respectful to someone's dignity to not respond in kind to their attitudes.

So since I haven't any clue as to your character and there is a no bullshit policy in place, I wouldn't mind an elaboration on what social boundaries I've crossed. I can take a joke, sarcasm, whatever - but when it's the staff of the board and I can't tell if they're giving me some sort of warning about my behavior on their forum or just a bit of noob ex-ninjer kempo retard **** - I have no idea what sort of response is appropriate.
tl;dr

I'm fucking with you because:
1. You resurrected a thread that has been dormant for years.
2. I'm here to thicken your skin.
3. It's fun try joining in.
4. You did the ninja which makes you a nonja. Just saying.
bwahaaha, I crack myself up.

Azatdawn
7/19/2011 2:04pm,
You'll do fine here. Ditch the Ninja and you'll do even better here.
I have a feeling that you're confusing me with the OP.

ironcastknight
7/19/2011 4:27pm,
Personally, I'm strongly considering driving up there to beat your ass for living in a city with like, five goddamned Kyokushin dojo and more Judo than I could shake a camel dick at and doing fucking Ninjitsu instead while I'm stuck in a city with one really lazy Enshin dojo and some Judo and **** all else that doesn't cost a hundred and twenty dollars a month.

Aberrationalist
7/19/2011 4:29pm,
So it had all that in ninja and lol

Aberrationalist
7/19/2011 4:39pm,
Right? There's so many options around here. Watch out though - I do have a wicked ancient Ninja-to with the nine cuts from the Shinto religion engraved into the high-carbon stainless steel. So I could pop your tires and let you deal with the oven outside. *Bows*