PDA

View Full Version : JKD clip found on youtube

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TomMack
7/04/2011 6:47pm,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cCrTbVAjxs&feature=email&email=comment_reply_received

anyone see this one before , and just want to say the punch in the balls or finger jab is not what most JKD people think is the answer to grappling !

Matt Phillips
7/04/2011 7:06pm,
JKD not for the ring? He should tell it to David Hood, Todd Medina and Erik firckin Paulson.

TomMack
7/04/2011 7:39pm,
probably in his mind they are not real jkd , but I think guys like this give jkd a bad name

IMightBeWrong
7/04/2011 7:50pm,
Why would anybody listen to Nick Frost about self defense?

Toughsensei
7/04/2011 8:33pm,
Still..someone doing an armbar, choke, etc... for real, either in the ring or on the street will do it so quickly and aggressively that you wouldn't have time to do any of these techniques...

Rawb_Prime
7/04/2011 9:03pm,
JKD not for the ring? He should tell it to David Hood, Todd Medina and Erik firckin Paulson.

THIS!

Uncle Skippy
7/04/2011 11:59pm,
THIS!

THIS!

WhiteShark
7/05/2011 8:56am,
Everytime BJJ positions and balls are mentioned I demand that someone post this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxZKZsqWdFw

Squerlli
7/05/2011 9:34am,
THIS!
THIS!

Southpaw
7/05/2011 12:45pm,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cCrTbVAjxs&feature=email&email=comment_reply_received

anyone see this one before , and just want to say the punch in the balls or finger jab is not what most JKD people think is the answer to grappling !

JKD videos...making Wing Chun videos look reasonable since 1994.

Gezere
7/05/2011 1:02pm,

*shame my head*
His reasoning for this to work is that an average person is not going to react like a trained fighter. Problem is this stuff would be even harder to do on an "average person" because it going to most likely be wailing away. Plus getting hit in the balls mounted isn't going to get a big reaction that he thinks. Just like punching up you aren't going to have the power to do anything other than be annoying, especially with adrenaline running.

And here is the real question. Why do these "street" guys always think they have come up with something better than the tried and true. If it works on trained combat athletes then its going to work on an average person regardless of where you are. This pokey pinchy BS is less reliable than bump, trap, roll, now I'm on top and can pass guard or drop bombs.

johnwaynesmom
7/05/2011 9:47pm,
That JKD video rules. He literally advocates the Purple Nerple for street self defense. Also that guy has clearly never in his life been arm barred by anyone who knows what they're doing.

The Juggernoob
7/05/2011 9:57pm,
Why would anybody listen to Nick Frost about self defense?

As a Brit I can confirm this. The above instructor would be described colloquially as a "a fat **** bellend" , or " a big fucking southern fairy with a mouth to match his belly"

Holy Moment
7/05/2011 11:05pm,

I'm sure they would invent some incomprehensible reason why those guys don't count. If you pay attention to Youtube comments, pretty much every traditional martial artist who ever lost a fight was not a true representative of his style.

jdempsey
7/06/2011 7:04am,
I love the pinches! They're great fun in sparring. I had a mate, (vice grips for hands) grab a fist full of flesh on my inner thigh just above the knee and shake like a pitbull. I wouldn't advise trying it on someone you're not good friends with. Usually gets a violent reaction.

Ignorami
7/06/2011 7:46am,
He actually says "No Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, No Budo, or whatever"

I'd like to repeat that this bloke categorically denied these techniques being anything to do with budo.

I just want that on record, so that if ever I need to justify doing Aikido, I can simply point at this guy's videos and say "Well, at least it isn't that!"