PDA

View Full Version : So there's no MMA in Australia.

Pages : [1] 2 3

PXM
6/26/2011 4:10am,
I mean I don't give a **** about watching MMA or UFC.

I've watched like five minutes of it in my life drunk with friends.

The problem I have is it's hard to find a good MMA style gym.

I don't know who has the time to go to a wrestling gym, a BJJ gym and a MT gym. I don't have the multi tasking ability to walk and drink at the same time, let alone manage the schedules at like 3 gyms.

Also, since it's hard to find gyms that aren't contract based, it's impossible for me to pay full price for two gyms.

I don't expect to find a gym dedicated to MMA training, at best it would have a slight MMA program.

As I'm a freshly inducted 18 year old thinking of getting into BJJ and Muay Thai with slight aspirations to at least amateur fighting at some time it seriously frustrates me.

stealth_monkey
6/26/2011 4:12am,
So there's no MMA in Australia.

You're wrong.

The problem I have is it's hard to find a good MMA style gym.

Where do you live?

PXM
6/26/2011 4:18am,
That was quick.

I live in Box Hill, Victoria.

So I'm pretty sure there's no sanctioned comps at least in Victoria.

PXM
6/26/2011 4:32am,
Also, is it a little bit too late to achieve much in the world of MMA?

I think a real bout is something I want to experience, but I'm not sure the odds.

I mean I think I'm starting at a good time to get somewhere nice in grappling, at least at a club level. But striking sports may be different I don't know.

battlefields
6/26/2011 5:15am,
In case you missed it, you're wrong. Find a BJJ dojo, ask if they do MMA. Every dojo I know does MMA somewhere either in the curriculum, have dedicated classes or they're connected with a MT gym.

I don't know what it's like down there in the desolation of Australia's Mexico, but if you mean there's no MMA in Melbourne, specify. Because according to that post you're wrong.

Colin
6/26/2011 5:49am,
John Will Machado BJJ does MMA too, far as I'm aware.

fights4peace
6/26/2011 5:55am,
I'm callin bullshido. The guys who do the BJJ fail videos for Lockflow are CLEARLY Australian.

W. Rabbit
6/26/2011 6:20am,
I've also heard Australia has no beautiful women or dangerous animals too.

pontoon
6/26/2011 6:49am,
We do have an overwhelming surplus of dangerous women and beautiful animals though.

PXM
6/26/2011 6:49am,
The first bit is so you don't come here. The second part is to fool you if you do.

Oh sorry. I meant I couldn't find any specific MMA gyms around my location. Sorry for the exaggeration and idiocy.

Sang
6/26/2011 6:57am,
You are an idiot OP, MMA has been in Australia for decades. If you can't figure out how to use google, I don't like the odds on you figuring out how to do an armbar.

PXM
6/26/2011 7:00am,
Being good at martial arts and being good at the internet are contradictory no?

Colin
6/26/2011 7:02am,
Being good at martial arts and being good at the internet are contradictory no?

By that logic, You must be a title holding pro fighter...

Nope, I can't see it.

Sang
6/26/2011 7:05am,
I'm just worried that you'll take one punch to the head and drop into negative IQ. You haven't got much smarts left bud, you should do what you can to make sure you wake up still knowing how to put on your wife beater and thongs.

Katriona1992
6/26/2011 5:53pm,
MMA gyms I know of (consider I have only been doing martial arts for a little more than half a year):
VT-1 Gym
SPMA
Bulldog Gym
TP Gym
Langes MMA
Roots BJJ
Boxing Works
Elite Fight Gym
ANY Gracie Barra
ANY Gracie Sydney
...and the list goes on.

Look, why don't you go on the internet type in 'mma in *desired location*' before coming here to complain to us =.=

ADM
6/26/2011 5:55pm,
Look harder dopey. Or did you just walk down the main drag and go "well ... no MMA gyms here!"