PDA

View Full Version : Hello from central FL

Pages : [1] 2

rob0711
6/24/2011 2:42pm,
Hey everyone just thought I'd introduce myself. Im from Central FL, and just started practicing Wing Chun, I've never practiced any type of Martial Arts before but so far I am really enjoying Wing Chun. Anyways I've found some useful information on here, and some badass videos! :ExcitedTroll:

chickenbox123
6/24/2011 8:22pm,
hello. wing chun is designed for close quarters right?

rob0711
6/24/2011 10:33pm,
Sure is!

jspeedy
6/25/2011 1:36am,
Where in central FL are you? I'm from good ol' Tampa, but living in Pensacola now. I hope to move back down to central Fl soon.

Colin
6/25/2011 3:44am,
Hey welcome to bullshido, the greatest martial arts site on the internet, where the combat is real, measured, and peer reviewed. When I first came to this site, I had some very different ideas than the ideas that I have today. Exposure to my peers and superiors globally through the use of this site enabled me to garner a more complete perspective on my training practices than I had previously held, and many users might say the same thing about their own experiences.

Enjoy your stay, may it be long and constructive.

PS: DO read the stickies. They are informative, insightful, and worthy of your attention.

Gidi
6/25/2011 4:39am,
Hello, welcome to BS.
Colin already said most of the important stuff, and I recommend you follow his advice - specifically regarding reading the stickies.

Also, I was curious, does your school of Wing-Chun spar?

rob0711
6/25/2011 2:01pm,
No my sifu doesnt promote sparring. However a couple of the students have traveled to other schools to do so.

rob0711
6/25/2011 2:03pm,
Where in central FL are you? I'm from good ol' Tampa, but living in Pensacola now. I hope to move back down to central Fl soon.

Lakeland area. Lol although I may be moving out to tampa soon to go back to school!

rob0711
6/25/2011 4:21pm,
Also, if anyone practices WC I'm looking for someone to practice/friendly spar with

yli
6/25/2011 4:22pm,
No my sifu doesnt promote sparring. However a couple of the students have traveled to other schools to do so.

If you have to travel to another school to spar, something is wrong with your instructor.

rob0711
6/25/2011 5:03pm,
How so? Other students just like to practice with people using different styles.

It is Fake
6/25/2011 5:10pm,
Your school doesn't spar?

rob0711
6/25/2011 6:59pm,
We do alot of wrist to wrist/sticky hands...some students spar against others for fun. But not at the school

yli
6/25/2011 7:08pm,
Might want to find another school then.

Just saying.

It is Fake
6/25/2011 7:22pm,
We do alot of wrist to wrist/sticky hands...some students spar against others for fun. But not at the school

Okay, see this is why people are saying you need to find a new school.

1)Sticky hand is drilling not sparring.
2)If you or your fellow students haven't sparred, in class, with a competent instructor you are learning nothing.
3) That was a Yes or no question. I tend to worry when a long explanation involves anything but, different levels.

rob0711
6/26/2011 12:29am,
Ok well, Ive been going to the school for a month.. and I havent seen them spar. however they may do it when im not there sense im only a beginner? Idk forsure all ive heard is that some students spar against others from different schools