6/19/2011 4:00pm,
http://i55.tinypic.com/35k4e81.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wladimir_Klitschko_vs._David_Haye

PROMOS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihJqR7Z3BZQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjmyityrZi4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MtFzptwIxM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyZXPfz0yxU

Is it me or is Klitschko A) easy to troll and B) a terrible trash talker, just terrible.

Tranquil Suit
6/19/2011 4:01pm,
Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye

Prediction mainly due to Haye's bitch-out behaviour.

Yamabushi7
6/19/2011 6:15pm,
Klitschko is a class act, and Haye is a valid contender, but I am not excited by either of them. I will go with Klitschko because of his trainer Emanuel Steward. His fighters always have great jabs.

Kambei Shimada
6/20/2011 4:50am,
I will eat my favourite pair of pants if Wladimir beats Haye.

Sure Haye's a little arrogant (a douche even) but for good reason, he's the only truely World Class boxer in the Heavyweight division.

Wladimir is over-rated has a poor chin and deserves to get knocked out for 5 -6 years of cherry picking.

Mark my words children Haye to win by KO within five rounds.

PointyShinyBurn
6/20/2011 5:53am,
Prediction mainly due to Haye's bitch-out behaviour.Huh? He's bitching out by chasing the two top heavyweights in the world?

I'm going to be at this fight, about which I am very fucking excited.

Eddie Hardon
6/20/2011 12:50pm,
Haye.

He got a brilliant lesson when he fought Carl Thompson. He smashed him and floored him and the ref should have stopped it.

But.

Carl lasted and gave Dave a lesson and stopped him. Haye learned from that. He's also got a very clever and calm strategist in Adam Booth.

David Haye. He could outbox Vladimir though I think he's got a good chance of stopping him as well.

atomicpoet
6/21/2011 4:34pm,
Sure Haye's a little arrogant (a douche even) but for good reason, he's the only truely World Class boxer in the Heavyweight division.

I disagree. Adamek is pretty darn good too and has had great success at light heavyweight and cruiserweight. He'll be fighting Vitali in September.

Sure, he doesn't talk as much trash as Haye, but he's sure fun to watch. I watched Adamek take on McBride who had a 70lbs weight advantage. A lesser fighter would have made this a sheer snoozefest, but Adamek still managed to entertain.

atomicpoet
6/21/2011 4:53pm,
Can't believe this topic doesn't have more attention. Klitschko vs. Haye is the most significant heavyweight bout since Lewis vs. Tyson -- and pending Vitali's match against Adamek, probably the last chance the heavyweights will have any relevancy for quite some time.

This is the heavyweights' Pacquiao vs. Mayweather.

Problem is, as predictable as the Klitschkos are, nobody's been able to solve them. They're like a broken record. The first couple of rounds, it's always jab-jab-clinch. Jab-jab-clinch. Sometimes there's a right -- but they're like a broken record. They tire their opponents until they turn the pressure up just a notch -- and then KOs happen.

After Wladimir was knocked out by Sanders, he's taken no chances with his chin. Lots of skill, but God, what a boring fighter!

Which is why, as much as I hate Haye's arrogance, I'm glad he's trash-talking Wladimir. He's getting right under Wlad's skin. There's finally fire in his eyes. We're finally seeing Wladimir takes things personally and maybe -- just maybe -- this will make for a different heavyweight match.

On that last point, I'm not very optimistic. Like I said, no matter how personal he's taking it, Klitschko's never exposing his chin.

But... if there's any heavyweight fighter pesky enough to take Wladimir out of his comfort one, overwhelming him with speed, sneaky hits on the inside before he the jab comes out, it's Haye. Wladimir has never faced a fighter like Haye. He's never faced someone with Haye's ring generalship. He's never faced someone who's so god damned good at playing mind games.

Come July 2, someone is getting knocked the **** out. I don't know who or how it will be done -- but this fight will either save the Heavyweight division, or bury it in a coffin.

Tranquil Suit
6/21/2011 5:33pm,
Huh? He's bitching out by chasing the two top heavyweights in the world?Didn't Haye postpone this fight a few times for no reason at all?

I'm going to be at this fight, about which I am very fucking excited.Nice! Care to do a write up of the live event afterwards?

Can't believe this topic doesn't have more attention. Klitschko vs. Haye is the most significant heavyweight bout since Lewis vs. Tyson -- and pending Vitali's match against Adamek, probably the last chance the heavyweights will have any relevancy for quite some time.

This is the heavyweights' Pacquiao vs. Mayweather.Agreed.

On that last point, I'm not very optimistic. Like I said, no matter how personal he's taking it, Klitschko's never exposing his chin.That's not a bad trait, you know.

Come July 2, someone is getting knocked the **** out. I don't know who or how it will be done -- but this fight will either save the Heavyweight division, or bury it in a coffin.
Nothing can save the Heavyweight (boxing) division. It'll be pretty dead for a while after this. Except for maybe Haye vs Vitali Klitschko, if Haye wins this one.

atomicpoet
6/21/2011 6:17pm,
That's not a bad trait, you know.

Ali would regularly drop his hands and dare opponents to approach inside. Then, faster than most people could blink, he'd unleash a vicious jab that would make them regret it.

Hearns would do the same thing. Though he didn't have Ali's speed, he could hit harder than anyone else in his weight class.

To be fair, Wladimir Klitschko shouldn't expose his chin. Everyone knows it's weak -- and if anyone ever going to beat him again, it will be because of it. Klitschko's cautiousness sure makes for boring fights, however.

I have no idea how he sells out stadiums in Germany.

Eddie Hardon
6/22/2011 2:42pm,
Didn't Haye postpone this fight a few times for no reason at all?

Yeah but I think it had to do with the money. The initial split was grossly unfair to Haye - which could be read as a sign of concern on the part of Vlad's manager. Or not.

Both Vlad and Dave have Broadcasting Rights and this also skewed the money pot in Vlad's favour - excessively, is the claim. Who knows?

Anyway, they've now resolved it so it goes forward. That all said, Haye has been consistent in stating that he Retires at the end of this year. That may have acted as a stimulus to make a Deal acceptable to both sides.

If Haye defeats both Klitschko's, the the title(s) will be declared vacant and the bollocks starts over again. (Groan).

atomicpoet
6/22/2011 3:35pm,
I don't give a **** about belts and titles. What's important is the man who beats the man. And right now, Wladimir Klitschko is the man to be beat.

If he beats Haye, he will cement his reputation as the premiere heavyweight fighter. There will be no more talk of "Klitschko got his titles because the heavyweight division is full of out of shape nincompoops." Haye is athletic as they come and a gifted boxer.

If Haye beats Klitschko, maybe we're entering a new era of heavyweight boxing where fighters will need to do more than jab-and-clinch.

Actually, let me say this outright. Pretend the belts don't exist. They're only getting in the way of what will be historically significant fight (even if it stinks to watch).

Tranquil Suit
6/22/2011 3:43pm,
Actually, let me say this outright. Pretend the belts don't exist. They're only getting in the way of what will be historically significant fight (even if it stinks to watch).
If Klitschko wins, then the brothers will have all the belts among them. Which, as they say, is their ultimate goal in this sport.
:TrollDad:

atomicpoet
6/22/2011 4:00pm,
If Klitschko wins, then the brothers will have all the belts among them. Which, as they say, is their ultimate goal in this sport.
:TrollDad:

Until one of the alphabet soups strips one of them for a trinket for entirely arbitrary rules -- but that's a discussion for another time.

CaseyRyback
6/22/2011 5:09pm,

This is the heavyweights' Pacquiao vs. Mayweather.

I agree. I've actually been looking forward to this for awhile. I was starting to like Haye, but he's beginning to piss me off.

Hope Klitschko shuts him up and hopefully shows us something new.

atomicpoet
6/23/2011 3:28pm,
It's getting harder and harder to me for like David Haye.

See:

David Haye says Wladimir Klitschko could be his last fight, not Vitali (http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/867281-david-haye-says-wladimir-klitschko-could-be-his-last-fight-not-vitali)
David Haye faces sanction over Twitter 'joke' (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxingandmma/8590704/David-Haye-faces-sanction-over-Twitter-joke.html)

All these shenanigans are just fodder to stir more interest in his fight.

I don't believe for a second Haye's going to retire. Regardless, all this retirement talk is making me question his confidence. Does he really think he's going to beat Wladimir?

He implies he's trying to go out on top like Calzaghe -- but Calzaghe beat the best. If Haye beats Wladimir, he'll beat one of the best. That's fine and dandy, but there will always be that nagging question of the "What if?"

As for the stupid Twitter joke, it designed to outrage. Haye wants people to hate him. He wants people to tune in just to watch him get his face punched in.

Problem is, if Haye's going to decide later he actually doesn't want to retire, he's going to have a hard time cracking America. Americans want the heavyweight division to succeed. They pine for the days that a flashy, athletic, eloquent heavyweight dominates the competition. Haye could be all those things -- but not if everyone hates him.

What the hell is he thinking?