PDA

View Full Version : 8yo BB- can easily take an adult!

Pages : [1] 2

alex
6/01/2011 6:48pm,
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10729607
article about some BB kid from my city.

i stopped believing the hype when i was about 12 and smacked the **** out of some guy who was a brown belt in krotty, but why is this even news? i see kids walking around malls with their outfits on and black belts all the time, unless its judo/BJJ or a kyokushin offshoot it doesnt mean a fucking thing

also,

""He's such an inspiring little kid. He's probably the size of most 5-year-olds ... but he's a little dynamo," Mr Watts said.

He added that he could easily take on an adult.

"I know he's floored his father once and I can attest that for a little boy, he can hit pretty hard - he can definitely look after himself."

is exactly the kind of dangerous **** that makes people think they can take chances when they shouldn't, im gonna bet on maurice the van pedo vs 8 year old karate kid any day of the week.

Larus marinus
6/01/2011 6:52pm,
I once floored my father with an uppercut to the balls. I think he went easy on me afterwards (i.e. only hitting my backside with his shoe a few times) because he was my dad.

(link is broken btw)

alex
6/01/2011 6:53pm,
fixed

Larus marinus
6/01/2011 6:58pm,
fixed

Hmmmm. Gong sau? :tongue:

Lebell
6/01/2011 7:14pm,
im gonna bet on maurice the van pedo vs 8 year old karate kid any day of the week.

aaaah! so he's in NZ nowadays?
that explains.

anyway I saw this american dude walking past in his aikido gear today.
how veerd!

Colin
6/02/2011 12:20am,
aaaah! so he's in NZ nowadays?
that explains.

anyway I saw this american dude walking past in his aikido gear today.
how veerd!

He was wearing his hakama in the street?

ADM
6/02/2011 1:45am,
Typical media beat up and praying on the cliche's that a Martial Art gives you the 'uber deadly' or something.

First beating I took in a class opened my eyes to why that notion is full of ****.

CheeksWWAC
6/02/2011 1:55am,
TMA tends to build a lot of false confidence in young kids, at least in my Goju-ryu school wouldnt let you put on BB unless youre 18 no matter how long youve been training.Not that Goju-ryu is the **** or anything, but the youngest BB I had at my school was 26 and had been training for 10 years. Something to be said for that I suppose.

Note: I looked em up on the internet a few years ago and I saw 12 yr olds with BB's so **** changed even for a "decent" TMA school.

pontoon
6/02/2011 3:10am,
His goal of being an Olympic champion vexes me, I was under the impression that only sports are featured in the Olympic Games?
/sarcasm

Lebell
6/02/2011 7:51am,
He was wearing his hakama in the street?

no he was wearing a jiujitsu gi (the jjj type) but i recognised the japanese characters on his gi and also down the street there's some aikido center, i know he was american because he was with two other persons talking with them.
My guess is he's originally from the Portland area.

Colin
6/02/2011 7:59am,

So you're a quickstudy on american regional accent/dialect?

Larus marinus
6/02/2011 7:59am,
no he was wearing a jiujitsu gi (the jjj type) but i recognised the japanese characters on his gi and also down the street there's some aikido center, i know he was american because he was with two other persons talking with them.

Did the carpet match the curtains?

(IOW, did his power level match his belt?)

WhiteShark
6/02/2011 9:00am,
Actually with an edged weapon and a child's general lack of understanding regarding consequences I'd be terrified of an 8yo black belt.

Lebell
6/02/2011 9:09am,
Did the carpet match the curtains?

(IOW, did his power level match his belt?)

I wasnt sure, but he looked pretty fierce so I did not dare to ask.
Chi blasts creep me out.
Sure they say it's nonsense, but what if this dude really mastered it?
better to stay on the safe side you know.

Permalost
6/02/2011 10:47am,
Actually with an edged weapon and a child's general lack of understanding regarding consequences I'd be terrified of an 8yo black belt.
Seems to me a well timed front kick to the chest would put down even the most determined 8 year old knife wielding black belt.

Now there's a sentence for the ages.

RWaggs
6/02/2011 11:06am,
I don't have time for this. I have to go polish my Oriental weapons.