PDA

View Full Version : This is the reason I hate my public school system.

Meteora
3/16/2004 7:24am,
The Columbus public school system as a $85 million budget deficit.
Now today, for some odd reason it snowed, enough snow to close down the schools maybe today and tommorrow. They haven't and most likely won't.
This is retarded for the following reasons:
1.)IT'S FUCKING SNOWING OUT SIDE AND WE STILL HAVE 9 OF 10 SNOW DAYS LEFT!
2)Thousands if not millions can be saved by shutting the schools down for a day or two days. They won't end paying for bus fuel, heating, and lunchs and tons of other **** that they pay for every day, putting the state more in debt.

PizDoff
3/16/2004 7:57am,
Please remind me how old you are again.

Meteora
3/16/2004 10:37am,
Err uhhh I'm like 4 dude.

kismasher
3/16/2004 10:42am,
meteora,

you're funny. governmental budgets and spending don't work like "normal" businesses. if you knew this you'd know that you're arguments don't make any sense.

Meteora
3/16/2004 10:46am,
You sure!?!?!?! Still seems fucking retarded, how do you get 85 million dollars in the fucking hole? Do they buy books with a fucking credit card?

kismasher
3/16/2004 11:01am,
no, they get 85 million in the whole when their expenses stay roughly the same and their major source of funding gets slashed (taxes)

Nid
3/16/2004 12:19pm,
Somtimes teachers can also be greedy, unreasonable fucks...as it can be in my area. Here's what happens. Because teachers readily go on strike and have everyone by the balls (public schools are daycare, after all) The powers that be take lots and lots of heat over not appeasing them, and so they agree to a union contract that they can't presently afford, in the assumption that nobody will notice nor care that property taxes will have to be raised to cover it. Of course, the taxes don't always come through. There are referendums to deal with sometimes.

Don't forget all the retired teachers who're recieving pensions.

I suggest you look up the salaries of your teachers. I was shocked and appalled when I saw mine.